ATI Radeon 7000 grafic driver

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?cnVuZWI=?=

ATI Radeon 7000 grafic driver
Anybody running a ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 on Vista?

Rumors have it that ATI might not produce Vista-drivers for this grafic card
that I have in my IBM X31 Thinkpad - atleast I can't seem to find any news
about possible coming releases on either ATI/AMD or IBM/Lenovo.

So, is there any of you out there who knows of a driver that I might use
instead of the standard Microsoft VGA-driver, that Vista uses - which won't
allow me to view full screen TV nor play games or the like.

Thanks in advance,
Rune
Grant

Re: ATI Radeon 7000 grafic driver

"runeb" <runeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anybody running a ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 on Vista?
>
> Rumors have it that ATI might not produce Vista-drivers for this grafic
> card
> that I have in my IBM X31 Thinkpad - atleast I can't seem to find any news
> about possible coming releases on either ATI/AMD or IBM/Lenovo.
>
> So, is there any of you out there who knows of a driver that I might use
> instead of the standard Microsoft VGA-driver, that Vista uses - which
> won't
> allow me to view full screen TV nor play games or the like.

ATI are pretty good, if they haven't got a driver now i doubt they will
produce one, the reason being that i doubt the 7000 passed MS Vista test,
due to limited RAM etc, so MS will not verify any driver for it.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEQ=?=

"runeb" wrote:

> Anybody running a ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 on Vista?
> Rumors have it that ATI might not produce Vista-drivers for this grafic card

Radeon 700, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9200 drivers are in Vista DVD. Of course
they doesn't support Aero and they doesn't support the new Vista driver model
WDDM

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEQ=?=

"runeb" wrote:

> Anybody running a ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 on Vista?
> Rumors have it that ATI might not produce Vista-drivers for this grafic card

Radeon 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9200 drivers are in Vista DVD. Of course
they don't support Aero and they dosn't support the new Vista driver model
WDDM

=?Utf-8?B?cnVuZWI=?=

"BillD" wrote:

> "runeb" wrote:
>
> > Anybody running a ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 on Vista?
> > Rumors have it that ATI might not produce Vista-drivers for this grafic card

> Radeon 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9200 drivers are in Vista DVD. Of course
> they don't support Aero and they dosn't support the new Vista driver model
> WDDM

Dear BillD,
sounds promising, but if i try to replace the driver by directing windows to
the Vista DVD, it searches the dvd but returns with a message that 'the best
driver is already installed' - which is 'standard VGA'. Is there another way
around to install these drivers?

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEQ=?=

"runeb" wrote:

> if i try to replace the driver by directing windows to
> the Vista DVD, it searches the dvd

the driver for ATI Radeon is automatically installed, you don't need search
for a driver!
ThisSucks

ATI Radeon 7000 Vista Driver
Yeah this totally sucks. I had an nVidia graphics card which burned up so I ended up getting this ATI Radeon 7000 series which probably wont have drivers made for it, that's lame and retarded.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Dustin Harper

Re: ATI Radeon 7000 Vista Driver
The 7000 series is a 6 year old, if not more, video card. Vista should have
drivers built in for it, though. If not, ATI may come out with some in the
future. But, there is no telling when...

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"ThisSucks" wrote in message news:2007330143224sk8r_4life2003@hotmail.com...
> Yeah this totally sucks. I had an nVidia graphics card which burned up so
> I ended up getting this ATI Radeon 7000 series which probably wont have
> drivers made for it, that's lame and retarded.

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

=?Utf-8?B?cnVuZWI=?=

Re: ATI Radeon 7000 Vista Driver
Windows installs a standard-driver that recognises the card as ATI Mobility
Radeon with 16 mb ram. However, it is not able to run e.g. full screen TV as
smothly as it was on XP - which I guess is due to the lack of a driver
capable of allowing the full use of the video card.
So - I'm truly hoping that you're right, that there will be a release of
drivers to this card...

awbachorski@earthlink.net

On Mar 30, 2:32 pm, ThisSucks wrote:
> Yeah this totally sucks. I had an nVidia graphics card which burned up so I ended up getting thisATIRadeon7000 series which probably wont have drivers made for it, that's lame and retarded.
>
> EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choicehttp://www.eggheadcafe.com

There is a graphics driver its the ati catalyst rc1 vista. It works
though you cannot change the frame buffer size.