grant read/write permission for a folder

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?Tm92aWNl?=

grant read/write permission for a folder
I downloaded a set of Add-In tools for PowerPoint. To be added to my program,
I need to grant read/write permission to the folder containing the new tools.
I have located that folder, chosen Properties and removed the check mark from
"Read Only". That didn't help.

Can someone tell me how to get these Add-Ins installed? Just another small
problem with Vista that is driving me nuts!!!
Stuart Forshaw

Re: grant read/write permission for a folder
Which version of Powerpoint are you using 2000, 2003, 2007?

I have installed additional microsoft add-ins with no problem into
Powerpoint 2007.
Just download the file>Save To A Location>Open.

If you are using Powerpoint 2007 you will see a new tab on the ribbon marked
"Add-Ins" click on the tab and your add-ins will be shown on the ribbon.

For earlier versions, from experience many of the add-ins end up under
"View">Toolbars>then select the add-in you require.

Hope this helps you

Regards
Stuart
"Novice" <Novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded a set of Add-In tools for PowerPoint. To be added to my
>program,
> I need to grant read/write permission to the folder containing the new
> tools.
> I have located that folder, chosen Properties and removed the check mark
> from
> "Read Only". That didn't help.
>
> Can someone tell me how to get these Add-Ins installed? Just another small
> problem with Vista that is driving me nuts!!!

=?Utf-8?B?Tm92aWNl?=

Re: grant read/write permission for a folder
Thanks for responding, Stuart. I have solved my problem; it was related to
Office 2003. I also have installed Add-Ins to Office 2003 when I was using
Windows XP. Using Vista, I find everything different. Because the suggested
location when I unzipped the downloaded file was in C:\Program
Files|etc.\etc., I wasn't able to change the permission for a folder in that
location.

I decided to unzip the downloaded tools to a new folder stored in My
Documents and it installed immediately. Don't know why I didn't think of that
before!!! I was just caught up in the directions on my screen that told me I
had give read/write permission.

Thanks again for responding. Guess I'll tackle Office 2007 when I feel more
comfortable with Vista.

"Stuart Forshaw" wrote:

> Which version of Powerpoint are you using 2000, 2003, 2007?
>
> I have installed additional microsoft add-ins with no problem into
> Powerpoint 2007.
> Just download the file>Save To A Location>Open.
>
> If you are using Powerpoint 2007 you will see a new tab on the ribbon marked
> "Add-Ins" click on the tab and your add-ins will be shown on the ribbon.
>
> For earlier versions, from experience many of the add-ins end up under
> "View">Toolbars>then select the add-in you require.
>
> Hope this helps you
>
> Regards
> Stuart
> "Novice" <Novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I downloaded a set of Add-In tools for PowerPoint. To be added to my
> >program,
> > I need to grant read/write permission to the folder containing the new
> > tools.
> > I have located that folder, chosen Properties and removed the check mark
> > from
> > "Read Only". That didn't help.
> >
> > Can someone tell me how to get these Add-Ins installed? Just another small
> > problem with Vista that is driving me nuts!!!

Stuart Forshaw

Re: grant read/write permission for a folder
I am pleased that you got yourself sorted, if we can help further do not
hesitate to post.