page break in word pad

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

micky d

page break in word pad
Does word pad in open office have a page break, or anything to tell me when
to stop typing, i can't even guess how much of the A4 i would have filled.I
have to keep referring to print preview. Is this the norm.
Thanks
Micky D
Malke

Re: page break in word pad
micky d wrote:

> Does word pad in open office have a page break, or anything to tell me
> when to stop typing, i can't even guess how much of the A4 i would have
> filled.I have to keep referring to print preview. Is this the norm.
> Thanks
> Micky D

Your post doesn't make sense as you are conflating two separate and
completely different programs.

1. Word Pad has nothing to do with OpenOffice. Word Pad is a simple word
processor - one very small step up from a plain text editor - that is
included with all versions of the Windows operating system. It doesn't have
the option to show or insert page breaks.

2. OpenOffice Writer is one of the applications in the suite of OpenOffice
programs. OpenOffice Writer is a full-featured word processor with the
ability to show page breaks. If you are using OO Writer, use its excellent
Help function. The OpenOffice suite is free and available from
www.openoffice.org.

That should give you the information you need to determine what you are
really doing and go from there.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Jeff Strickland

Re: page break in word pad

> micky d wrote:
>
>> Does word pad in open office have a page break, or anything to tell me
>> when to stop typing, i can't even guess how much of the A4 i would have
>> filled.I have to keep referring to print preview. Is this the norm.
>> Thanks
>> Micky D

> Your post doesn't make sense as you are conflating two separate and
> completely different programs.
>
> 1. Word Pad has nothing to do with OpenOffice. Word Pad is a simple word
> processor - one very small step up from a plain text editor - that is
> included with all versions of the Windows operating system. It doesn't
> have
> the option to show or insert page breaks.
>
> 2. OpenOffice Writer is one of the applications in the suite of OpenOffice
> programs. OpenOffice Writer is a full-featured word processor with the
> ability to show page breaks. If you are using OO Writer, use its excellent
> Help function. The OpenOffice suite is free and available from
> www.openoffice.org.
>
> That should give you the information you need to determine what you are
> really doing and go from there.
>
> Malke

He posted the same question twice, 8 minutes apart with different Subject
lines. I suspect you did not give him all of the information he actually
needs ...

dev@null.invalid

Re: page break in word pad
/Jeff Strickland/ said:
> "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> micky d wrote:
>>
>>> Does word pad in open office have a page break, or anything to tell me
>>> when to stop typing, i can't even guess how much of the A4 i would have
>>> filled.I have to keep referring to print preview. Is this the norm.
>>> Thanks
>>> Micky D

>> Your post doesn't make sense as you are conflating two separate and
>> completely different programs.
>>
>> 1. Word Pad has nothing to do with OpenOffice. Word Pad is a simple word
>> processor - one very small step up from a plain text editor - that is
>> included with all versions of the Windows operating system. It doesn't
>> have
>> the option to show or insert page breaks.
>>
>> 2. OpenOffice Writer is one of the applications in the suite of OpenOffice
>> programs. OpenOffice Writer is a full-featured word processor with the
>> ability to show page breaks. If you are using OO Writer, use its excellent
>> Help function. The OpenOffice suite is free and available from
>> www.openoffice.org.
>>
>> That should give you the information you need to determine what you are
>> really doing and go from there.
>>
>> Malke

> He posted the same question twice, 8 minutes apart with different Subject
> lines. I suspect you did not give him all of the information he actually
> needs ...

I suspect that the questioner is confused...^