Disk Cleanup in Vista 64 bit not deleting older restore points?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Don

Disk Cleanup in Vista 64 bit not deleting older restore points?
Hey gang,

I have had this behavior in disk cleanup, both prior to SP1 and after
installing SP1.

Sometimes, when doing disk cleanup, I like to delete older restore points.
When you choose to do disk cleanup for all users, you are given a " more
options" tab, and from there can choose to delete all but the latest restore
point.

However, when I do this, it does not delete any of my older restore points,
they all remain.

Anyone else run across this? I am not sure why it is not doing that, far as
I know I am doing it properly.
I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Thanks for any feedback here,

--
Don

Mark L. Ferguson

Re: Disk Cleanup in Vista 64 bit not deleting older restore points?
My guess would be some permission error. I would try running cleanmgr with
full admin rights. Rightclick a Command Prompt icon, and "run as
administrator', then at the prompt:
start cleanmgr
--
Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.

"Don" <burnettedclothes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey gang,
>
> I have had this behavior in disk cleanup, both prior to SP1 and after
> installing SP1.
>
> Sometimes, when doing disk cleanup, I like to delete older restore points.
> When you choose to do disk cleanup for all users, you are given a " more
> options" tab, and from there can choose to delete all but the latest
> restore point.
>
> However, when I do this, it does not delete any of my older restore
> points, they all remain.
>
> Anyone else run across this? I am not sure why it is not doing that, far
> as I know I am doing it properly.
> I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
>
> Thanks for any feedback here,
>

> --
> Don

Don

Re: Disk Cleanup in Vista 64 bit not deleting older restore points?
Aha, you were absolutely right.
Worked perfectly by doing this, many thanks Mark!

--
Don

"Mark L. Ferguson" <MarkLFerguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:ED206AFE-3738-4FB6-9A6F-3386F404DC0D@microsoft.com...