lost volume control icon

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Peggy

lost volume control icon
I lost the volume control icon in the notification area. When I go to
properties for the notification area the volume check box is grayed out.
I've also looked in the Creative software but there is no option that I can
find for the volume control icon. Any ideas on how to get it back?
peggy

Peggy

Re: lost volume control icon
Never mind
a simple reboot brought it back.

"Peggy" <nospamnono@nonospam.com> wrote in message
>I lost the volume control icon in the notification area. When I go to
>properties for the notification area the volume check box is grayed out.
> I've also looked in the Creative software but there is no option that I
> can find for the volume control icon. Any ideas on how to get it back?
> peggy

Brink

Re: lost volume control icon

Peggy;655743 Wrote:
> I lost the volume control icon in the notification area. When I go to
> properties for the notification area the volume check box is grayed
> out.
> I've also looked in the Creative software but there is no option that I
> can
> find for the volume control icon. Any ideas on how to get it back?
> peggy

Hi Peggy,

This may be able to help you restore the Volume icon in the
notification area system tray.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...tem-icons.html

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Bob

Re: lost volume control icon

Notification Area - System Icons
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...tem-icons.html
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Peggy" <nospamnono@nonospam.com> wrote in message
>I lost the volume control icon in the notification area. When I go to
>properties for the notification area the volume check box is grayed out.
> I've also looked in the Creative software but there is no option that I
> can find for the volume control icon. Any ideas on how to get it back?
> peggy

Peggy

Re: lost volume control icon
Thanks Bob and Brink for your reply.
I rebooted and it came back but thanks for the excellent link!
peggy

"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:RZidnZIPeY_ZT37anZ2dnUVZ_rqlnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> Notification Area - System Icons
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...tem-icons.html
> -------
> *Report back, please*
> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
> so that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>
> [How to ask a question]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> "Peggy" <nospamnono@nonospam.com> wrote in message
>>I lost the volume control icon in the notification area. When I go to
>>properties for the notification area the volume check box is grayed out.
>> I've also looked in the Creative software but there is no option that I
>> can find for the volume control icon. Any ideas on how to get it back?
>> peggy

Brink

Re: lost volume control icon

Peggy;655791 Wrote:
> Thanks Bob and Brink for your reply.
> I rebooted and it came back but thanks for the excellent link!
> peggy
>
> "Bob" <bob@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:RZidnZIPeY_ZT37anZ2dnUVZ_rqlnZ2d@xxxxxx> > >
> > >
> > > Notification Area - System Icons
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...tem-icons.html
> > > -------
> > > *Report back, please*
> > > [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are

> > replying to
> > > so that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
> > >
> > > [How to ask a question]
> > > 'How to ask a question' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375)
> > >
> > > "Peggy" <nospamnono@xxxxxx> wrote in message

Peggy,

I'm glad to hear that it came back for you.

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Bob

Re: lost volume control icon
Peggy,
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.