No file open,save, save as

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

No file open,save, save as
OK its been two weeks now.
None of my Abode products can open a file.
notepad can't open a file
wordpad can't open a file
paint can't open a file.
and on and on
they all crash and burn.

problems sent to microsoft via the control panel 10's of times.
0 solutions returned.
What is the date and time and size of the common control I need off of the CD?

Bill Condie

Re: No file open,save, save as
I'd be checking my HD and RAM for starters.

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK its been two weeks now.
> None of my Abode products can open a file.
> notepad can't open a file
> wordpad can't open a file
> paint can't open a file.
> and on and on
> they all crash and burn.
>
> problems sent to microsoft via the control panel 10's of times.
> 0 solutions returned.
> What is the date and time and size of the common control I need off of the
> CD?

Simon Berube

Re: No file open,save, save as
Sounds like you're experiencing a very strange and unusual issue. I can't
help you with it actually, but I wanted to add how I never get solutions
either. I wonder why you have the option to search for a solution if it
never gives you an answer. Sometimes I wonder why nothing at all happens
after asking for a solution, when I'd be expecting to see some status. I'm
left to wonder whether there was no solution found or if it didn't search.

Good luck with your issue.

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK its been two weeks now.
> None of my Abode products can open a file.
> notepad can't open a file
> wordpad can't open a file
> paint can't open a file.
> and on and on
> they all crash and burn.
>
> problems sent to microsoft via the control panel 10's of times.
> 0 solutions returned.
> What is the date and time and size of the common control I need off of the
> CD?

Robert Firth

Re: No file open,save, save as
Every once in a while, it will give me status on an issue. Sometimes it will
say that xyz company's latest version fixes the issue, sometimes it says
that the issue is currently being investigated. More often than not, it just
says no solutions found.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Simon Berube" <sbberube@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Sounds like you're experiencing a very strange and unusual issue. I can't
> help you with it actually, but I wanted to add how I never get solutions
> either. I wonder why you have the option to search for a solution if it
> never gives you an answer. Sometimes I wonder why nothing at all happens
> after asking for a solution, when I'd be expecting to see some status.
> I'm left to wonder whether there was no solution found or if it didn't
> search.
>
> Good luck with your issue.
>
> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> OK its been two weeks now.
>> None of my Abode products can open a file.
>> notepad can't open a file
>> wordpad can't open a file
>> paint can't open a file.
>> and on and on
>> they all crash and burn.
>>
>> problems sent to microsoft via the control panel 10's of times.
>> 0 solutions returned.
>> What is the date and time and size of the common control I need off of
>> the CD?

DrJonathan

Re: No file open,save, save as

I have the very same problem with Vista Business upgrade from XP Pro
SP2.

All Open and Save dialogues crash their parent applications.

It seems that the filepicker is broken, and I had thought that it might
be due to some left over bit of registry from XP... but Larry if your
install was clean then perhaps not.

Trawling google, I have seen at least a dozen people having this
*highly disabling* problem with Vista, and no satisfactory solutions
(certainly not from Microsoft or their 'throw a coin in the well' Vista
problem report philosophy).

Any help at all would be great

Jonathan

--