arabic language pack

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Ghada

arabic language pack
I have windows vista home premium edition, how can I type arabic font? I
understand that I need to download arabic language support pack, where can I
find it? I used to have windows xp and the arabic language support was
already there. I have hard time believe that the newer windows version makes
it more difficult ! Thanks for your answers
hatehereyes

Re: arabic language pack

the language pack should show up under windows update as the optional
updates

--
hatehereyes

System:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.26GHZ
RAM: 1024mb DDR-SDRAM
MoBo: ECS P4VXASD2+
Chipset: VIA P4X226
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1
On the Bridge!

Re: arabic language pack
you can TYPE arabic or any other language in Vista without having to
download anything

See this screenshot I made for you go to the control panel, and follow the
steps 1, 2 and 3 and add
your language
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7006/languagecd5.jpg

tell me if this helps

"Ghada" <Ghada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows vista home premium edition, how can I type arabic font? I
> understand that I need to download arabic language support pack, where can
> find it? I used to have windows xp and the arabic language support was
> already there. I have hard time believe that the newer windows version
> makes
> it more difficult ! Thanks for your answers

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: arabic language pack
Ghada

Open Help and Support and search for Add an input language. This will show
you the step by step procedure.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Ghada" <Ghada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows vista home premium edition, how can I type arabic font? I
> understand that I need to download arabic language support pack, where can
> find it? I used to have windows xp and the arabic language support was
> already there. I have hard time believe that the newer windows version
> makes
> it more difficult ! Thanks for your answers

Peter

RE: arabic language pack
If all you you want to is to type in Arabic, the only thing you need to do is
enable an Arabic keyboard:

Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region: Change keyboards or other input
methods.

If you want your UI to be in Arabic, then you need a premium edition to get
UI language packs in alternate languages.

Peter