System 32 error

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

KayP

System 32 error
I have windows vista but recently a box with a black background keeps
flashing on the screen with system 32 at the top of the box. I tried to open
windows update (which is the problem) and i was unable to open the
application and have no idea what to do any help would be appreciated.
Mark L. Ferguson

Re: System 32 error
You are either having a problem with Malware of some kind that found a way
on your system, or you have some corrupt system files (or Permissions)
Accessories has a Command Prompt icon. Rightclick it, and 'run as
administrator'. Type:
systeminfo

If that runs, it's probably not Malware. You will need to use whatever
Recovery Options you see when you enter the Safe Mode Menu items. You press
F8 during the 'black screen' after the BIOS screen of a restart.

--
Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.

Mark L. Ferguson

..
"KayP" <KayP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows vista but recently a box with a black background keeps
> flashing on the screen with system 32 at the top of the box. I tried to
> open
> windows update (which is the problem) and i was unable to open the
> application and have no idea what to do any help would be appreciated.

KayP

Re: System 32 error
well I have attempted to turn on automatic updates and it wont let me, it
keeps stating that it cant find something. Also I am unable to use windows
defender as it needs updating. Any help would be appreciated.