Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Nedim

Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties
Hi, I am trying to get my Xbox360 to share internet with my laptop. However
when I want to alow the connection and I go to network sharing center, manage
network connections, right click and properties on wireless network
connection...the sharing tab is not there, only the networking tab is. Help
me please
ratmachine182

Re: Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties

k i had this problem just figured it out . once you are in the network
and sharing center you will see on the left 6 or so options. click
manage network connections, then at teh bottom u will see local area
connection (or possibly ppop or something) right click that and click
connect... now go back to your original network and the sharing tab
should be back,

i signed up as a member just to give you a response because i figured
it out on my own and i know how good it felt to get it fixed.

--
ratmachine182
ratmachine182's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51447

http://forums.techarena.in

benjicoz

Re: Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties

I had the same problem and after much messing about if you got to
status,properties,sharing on your LAN connection to your xbox and
uncheck both boxes. Now when you go back to wireless connection
status,properties the sharing tab should now appear check both boxes
then advanced and tick all boxes hope this helps it worked for me. It
will also fix any ip address problems you have.

--
benjicoz
benjicoz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/benjicoz.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

xman123456789 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties
[quote=ratmachine182;867208]k i had this problem just figured it out . once you are in the network
and sharing center you will see on the left 6 or so options. click
manage network connections, then at teh bottom u will see local area
connection (or possibly ppop or something) right click that and click
connect... now go back to your original network and the sharing tab
should be back,

i signed up as a member just to give you a response because i figured
it out on my own and i know how good it felt to get it fixed.

local area connection does not come.Only wireless network connection is present

--
ratmachine182
local area connection does not come.Only wireless network connection is present.plz reply as soon as possible.
Jsh80st

Re: Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties
Great forum, I like to solve many problemshttp://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...rsion=20070822
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...39;s Day Gifts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ew Kindle Fire