Backup Freezes

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

bobcatspots

Backup Freezes
I’ve been using Vista Complete Backup successfully for the past 6 months but
recently, while trying to do another complete backup, it just hangs. When I
go to the Control Panel and click on Backup and Restore Center it just hangs
showing a blank window with a message at the bottom saying, “searching for
folders”. I left it that way all night last night and it still said the same
thing, nothing changed.

AlexB

Re: Backup Freezes
Do you backup only C: drive or also other internal drives or even external
HDs? If so, is it possible that Vista expects to find some of the drives
that have been disconnected purposely or because of a USB instability which
is very common?

"bobcatspots" <bobcatspots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I’ve been using Vista Complete Backup successfully for the past 6 months
> but
> recently, while trying to do another complete backup, it just hangs. When
> go to the Control Panel and click on Backup and Restore Center it just
> hangs
> showing a blank window with a message at the bottom saying, “searching for
> folders”. I left it that way all night last night and it still said the
> same
> thing, nothing changed.

Bob

Re: Backup Freezes
Are you backing up to an external HD? Is it still being recognized?

"bobcatspots" <bobcatspots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I’ve been using Vista Complete Backup successfully for the past 6 months
> but
> recently, while trying to do another complete backup, it just hangs. When
> go to the Control Panel and click on Backup and Restore Center it just
> hangs
> showing a blank window with a message at the bottom saying, “searching for
> folders”. I left it that way all night last night and it still said the
> same
> thing, nothing changed.

Frank

Re: Backup Freezes
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:30:00 -0800, bobcatspots
<bobcatspots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ive been using Vista Complete Backup successfully for the past 6 months but
>recently, while trying to do another complete backup, it just hangs. When I
>go to the Control Panel and click on Backup and Restore Center it just hangs
>showing a blank window with a message at the bottom saying, searching for
>folders. I left it that way all night last night and it still said the same
>thing, nothing changed.

You are playing with fire by using M$ backup/restore. It sucks and is
one of those things that you only need once in awhile, but when you do
it really needs to work. Look at Acronis.