Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2008
RDU
 

Posts: n/a
'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File
I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the infamous 'blue
screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific log file in
XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a comparable
log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting the screen
referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2008
Bobby McNulty
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File

"RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9B89D0C5-78CB-410B-8F5C-24D48B8F1A2E@microsoft.com...
> I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the infamous
> 'blue
> screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific log file
> in
> XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a
> comparable
> log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting the
> screen
> referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.

What is Vista Home Ultimate?
Vista Home is low end, and Vista Ultimate is high end.
Which one?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2008
Mark L. Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File
Elevated prompt, type 'perfmon /rel'

--
Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost

Mark L. Ferguson

..
"RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9B89D0C5-78CB-410B-8F5C-24D48B8F1A2E@microsoft.com...
> I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the infamous
> 'blue
> screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific log file
> in
> XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a
> comparable
> log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting the
> screen
> referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008
RDU
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File
Ultimate

"Bobby McNulty" wrote:

>
> "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9B89D0C5-78CB-410B-8F5C-24D48B8F1A2E@microsoft.com...
> > I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the infamous
> > 'blue
> > screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific log file
> > in
> > XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a
> > comparable
> > log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting the
> > screen
> > referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.

> What is Vista Home Ultimate?
> Vista Home is low end, and Vista Ultimate is high end.
> Which one?
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008
RDU
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File
Sorry, but you lost me Mark! Where should I type the elevated prompt command?
--Randy

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Elevated prompt, type 'perfmon /rel'
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> .
> "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9B89D0C5-78CB-410B-8F5C-24D48B8F1A2E@microsoft.com...
> > I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the infamous
> > 'blue
> > screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific log file
> > in
> > XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a
> > comparable
> > log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting the
> > screen
> > referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008
Mark L. Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File
The Command Prompt icon on the Start menu can be rightclicked to 'run as
administrator'

--
Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost

Mark L. Ferguson

..
"RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6776B7C8-F9E8-4C1C-86FE-3997FDAE2328@microsoft.com...
> Sorry, but you lost me Mark! Where should I type the elevated prompt
> command?
> --Randy
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Elevated prompt, type 'perfmon /rel'
>>
>> --
>> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
>> web
>> interface.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>>
>> .
>> "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:9B89D0C5-78CB-410B-8F5C-24D48B8F1A2E@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the infamous
>> > 'blue
>> > screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific log
>> > file
>> > in
>> > XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a
>> > comparable
>> > log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting the
>> > screen
>> > referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.

>>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008
RDU
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File
I thought that was it. Tried it & worked. Thanks.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> The Command Prompt icon on the Start menu can be rightclicked to 'run as
> administrator'
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> ..
> "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6776B7C8-F9E8-4C1C-86FE-3997FDAE2328@microsoft.com...
> > Sorry, but you lost me Mark! Where should I type the elevated prompt
> > command?
> > --Randy
> >
> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Elevated prompt, type 'perfmon /rel'
> >>
> >> --
> >> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
> >> web
> >> interface.
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
> >>
> >> Mark L. Ferguson
> >>
> >> .
> >> "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:9B89D0C5-78CB-410B-8F5C-24D48B8F1A2E@microsoft.com...
> >> > I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the infamous
> >> > 'blue
> >> > screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific log
> >> > file
> >> > in
> >> > XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a
> >> > comparable
> >> > log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting the
> >> > screen
> >> > referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008
Thomas
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File
I wasn't able to locate the command prompt on the start menu.

"RDU" wrote:

> I thought that was it. Tried it & worked. Thanks.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
> > The Command Prompt icon on the Start menu can be rightclicked to 'run as
> > administrator'
> >
> > --
> > Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> > interface.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
> >
> > Mark L. Ferguson
> >
> > ..
> > "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:6776B7C8-F9E8-4C1C-86FE-3997FDAE2328@microsoft.com...
> > > Sorry, but you lost me Mark! Where should I type the elevated prompt
> > > command?
> > > --Randy
> > >
> > > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> > >
> > >> Elevated prompt, type 'perfmon /rel'
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
> > >> web
> > >> interface.
> > >> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
> > >>
> > >> Mark L. Ferguson
> > >>
> > >> .
> > >> "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >> news:9B89D0C5-78CB-410B-8F5C-24D48B8F1A2E@microsoft.com...
> > >> > I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the infamous
> > >> > 'blue
> > >> > screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific log
> > >> > file
> > >> > in
> > >> > XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a
> > >> > comparable
> > >> > log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting the
> > >> > screen
> > >> > referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.
> > >>

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2008
Mark L. Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 'Blue Screen of Death' & Log File
Rightclick the desktop, New, Shortcut. Make the command : CMD , and the
name Command Prompt. Set properties, advanced to run as admin.

--
Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost

Mark L. Ferguson

..
"Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:71C28CD8-9B7D-47D1-91C4-59EB6EBF43A2@microsoft.com...
>I wasn't able to locate the command prompt on the start menu.
>
> "RDU" wrote:
>
>> I thought that was it. Tried it & worked. Thanks.
>>
>> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>>
>> > The Command Prompt icon on the Start menu can be rightclicked to 'run
>> > as
>> > administrator'
>> >
>> > --
>> > Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
>> > web
>> > interface.
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>> >
>> > Mark L. Ferguson
>> >
>> > ..
>> > "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:6776B7C8-F9E8-4C1C-86FE-3997FDAE2328@microsoft.com...
>> > > Sorry, but you lost me Mark! Where should I type the elevated prompt
>> > > command?
>> > > --Randy
>> > >
>> > > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>> > >
>> > >> Elevated prompt, type 'perfmon /rel'
>> > >>
>> > >> --
>> > >> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps
>> > >> the
>> > >> web
>> > >> interface.
>> > >> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>> > >>
>> > >> Mark L. Ferguson
>> > >>
>> > >> .
>> > >> "RDU" <RDU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > >> news:9B89D0C5-78CB-410B-8F5C-24D48B8F1A2E@microsoft.com...
>> > >> > I'm running Vista Home Ultimate and have begun en****ering the
>> > >> > infamous
>> > >> > 'blue
>> > >> > screen of death' on a daily basis. I seem to remember a specific
>> > >> > log
>> > >> > file
>> > >> > in
>> > >> > XP being associated with these events. If so, where would I find a
>> > >> > comparable
>> > >> > log file in Vista. I do recall when this happened yesterday noting
>> > >> > the
>> > >> > screen
>> > >> > referencing 'tcpip.sys'. Any ideas? Thanks.
>> > >>
>> >
>> >


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue Screen of Death pineappled microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 6 11-27-2008 15:25
2. Sata Festplatte: Standby & Blue Screen of Death WolfgangJ microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.hardware 0 10-04-2007 19:52
Blue screen of DEATH chrismc20050 microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 2 09-26-2007 20:04
blue screen of death LordViper microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 08-10-2007 06:52
Blue screen of death =?Utf-8?B?Tm90eQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 03-06-2007 05:14




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:59.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120