Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?RGlhbW9uZGxvZA==?=

Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD
I'm getting a seemingly random BSOD with the stop error of 0x0000001a and a
description of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit with 4gb of ram (although only 2.75gb
shows available). I'm running an nVidia 680i motherboard with 4gb of
Kingston ram and an Intel quad-core 2.66ghz CPU.

Has anyone else run into this? Is 4gb simply too much for 32-bit Vista?

Thanks
Tim B.

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD
Sounds like a bad memory module to me.

I'd grab an ISO of memtest86 and run it on your system for a while

"Diamondlod" <Diamondlod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting a seemingly random BSOD with the stop error of 0x0000001a and
> description of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
>
> I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit with 4gb of ram (although only 2.75gb
> shows available). I'm running an nVidia 680i motherboard with 4gb of
> Kingston ram and an Intel quad-core 2.66ghz CPU.
>
> Has anyone else run into this? Is 4gb simply too much for 32-bit Vista?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FicmlsbA==?=

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD
Actually, I'm having the same problem, only 2GB of RAM. My Windows XP was
running rock stable for over a year with the exact same RAM, but I get random
"Memory Management" errors in Vista. I ran Memtest86 for 12 hours with no
errors. Any other suggestions?

"Tim B." wrote:

> Sounds like a bad memory module to me.
>
> I'd grab an ISO of memtest86 and run it on your system for a while
>
> "Diamondlod" <Diamondlod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm getting a seemingly random BSOD with the stop error of 0x0000001a and
> > description of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
> >
> > I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit with 4gb of ram (although only 2.75gb
> > shows available). I'm running an nVidia 680i motherboard with 4gb of
> > Kingston ram and an Intel quad-core 2.66ghz CPU.
> >
> > Has anyone else run into this? Is 4gb simply too much for 32-bit Vista?
> >
> > Thanks

uk4caster

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD
Me too. 2Gb RAM same errors, memtest86 ran overnight fine. For me it is
definitely associated with running either Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 or
Google Picassa while importing large numbers of photos....

"Cabrill" wrote:

> Actually, I'm having the same problem, only 2GB of RAM. My Windows XP was
> running rock stable for over a year with the exact same RAM, but I get random
> "Memory Management" errors in Vista. I ran Memtest86 for 12 hours with no
> errors. Any other suggestions?
>
> "Tim B." wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a bad memory module to me.
> >
> > I'd grab an ISO of memtest86 and run it on your system for a while
> >
> > "Diamondlod" <Diamondlod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm getting a seemingly random BSOD with the stop error of 0x0000001a and
> > > description of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
> > >
> > > I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit with 4gb of ram (although only 2.75gb
> > > shows available). I'm running an nVidia 680i motherboard with 4gb of
> > > Kingston ram and an Intel quad-core 2.66ghz CPU.
> > >
> > > Has anyone else run into this? Is 4gb simply too much for 32-bit Vista?
> > >
> > > Thanks

Baxtor

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Sorry to resurrect a dead post but I have been having the same BSOD for
the last week or so now.
I run Vista 64 Ultimate with 4GB of Ram, I also have an XP partition
which is rock solid which leads me to believe its Vista Issue and not my
ram.
Did any of you guys find a cure for yours?

--
Baxtor
Chad Harris

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD
Hi Baxtor--

Not knowing where your other posts are--you sure didn't provide much info.

Can you boot to Vista? ***What in the world have you tried to do to fix
this so far? Did I mention you haven't given any info about whether you get
the BSOD and can still run Vista or you get the BSOD and you're having
problems or can't boot to Vista.

BSODs are often associated with not being able to boot the OS but that sure
isn't aren't always the case.

Have you checked for hardware causes? Have you added any new HDW or
driver(s) for hdw lately?

MSFT has a couple or more MSKBs addressing this issue, but I don't find (as
is sometimes the case) them that helpful. Many apply to Vista but MSFT
hasn't gotten around to labelling many that do for Vista yet and may never.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282504

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885272

You asked for a cure, and in several places from what I saw on the web. I'd
try these (again I'd have to be clairvoyant to know if you can boot to
Windows Vista--but I'm signed up for a course in that this semester):

I'd either use System File Checker (and if that does not helpyou), Startup
Repair (if you own a Vista DVD), which does not require a no boot situation
to help you fix many Vista components, or try Sytem Restorefrom either the
Vista DVD's Recovery link or from the F8 menu. Links that show you how to
do this are below.

***SFC as a Remedy***:

SFC or System File Checker is a bit like the spare tire in your car or a
backup battery I suppose. In Vista of course, they have changed it somewhat
and come up with a new name--Redmond stands for name it something different
twice a year and now it's part of WRP or Windows Resource Protection. It
scans protected resources including thousands of files, libraries, critical
folders, and essential registry keys, and it replaces those that are
corrupted with intact ones. It fixes a lot of problems in Windows XP, OE,
Windows Vista, Win Mail, IE6, and on Vista or if it is installed on XP, IE7.
It protects these things from changes by any source including
administrators, by keeping a spare of most of them.

How to Run SFC:

Type "cmd" into the Search box above the Start Button>and when cmd comes up
at the top of the Start menu>right click cmd and click "run as Admin" and
when the cmd prompt comes up at the cmd prompt type "sfc /scannow" no quotes
and let it run. This may fix things quite a bit. It replaces corrupt files
with intact ones, if you're not familiar with it.

If no help from SFC, you can try a restore point to before this happened or
you try the steps below if you have a Vista DVD:

***Startup Repair from the Vista DVD***

How to Use The Vista DVD to Repair Vista (Startup Repair is misnamed by the
Win RE team and it can be used to fix many Vista components even when you
can boot to Vista):

http://www.windowsvista.windowsreins...rtup/index.htm

If you elect to run Startup repair from the Vista DVD (it can fix major
components in Vista--I've verified this many many times; it's good for more
than startup problems, and the Win RE team simply screwed up when they named
it not understanding its full functionality):

Startup Repair will look like this when you put in the Vista DVD:

http://www.vistaclues.com/wp-content...r-computer.png

You run the startup repair tool this way (and system restore from here is
also sometimes effective):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925810/en-us

How To Run Startup Repair In Vista Ultimate (Multiple Screenshots)
http://www.windowsvista.windowsreins...rtup/index.htm

It will automatically take you to this on your screen:

http://www.vistaclues.com/wp-content...r-computer.png

That will allow you to go to the Vista setup that has a Repair link on
thelower left corner>click it and then you'll see a gray backgrounded list
and I want you to click Startup Repair from it and follow the directions.

The gray screen after you click the first link in the above pic will look
like this:

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winv...ir/Image17.gif

Click Startup Repair, the link at the top and after it scans>click OK and
let it try to repair Vista. It will tell you if it does, and if it
doesn't, try System Restore from the Recovery Link on the DVD. If these
don't work booting into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key and using System
Restore from one of the safe modes besides VGA may work. That means you
have the option to try 4 different safe modes to get to system restore, (one
from the Recovery link on the DVD) and sometimes one will work when the
others won't.

You could also try a Repair Install with Vista which is done exactly the
same way as in XP:

***Repair Install Steps*** (can be used for Vista) MVP Doug Knox
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/doug92.mspx

***Using the F8 Environment***

***Taking Full Advantage of the F8 Options (Windows Advanced Options Menu)
by starting the PC and tapping F8 once per second when the firmware screen
with the pc manufacturer's name shows a few seconds after restarting***:

The F8 options in Vista are the same as XP, and the link for Safe Mode Boot
options is labled XP by MSFT but they are the same for Vista (they haven't
updated to add Vista to the title as they have with several MSKBs that apply
to both).

Again, pressing F8 repeatedly when you seem the firmware screen may be is a
generic way to launch Windows RE on some OEM Vista computers.

You could also:

Think: I have 4 different ways to get back my XP at F8 and try 'em in order.
1) Safe Mode 2) Safe Mode with Cmd to Sys Restore which is simply a cmd
prompt in safe mode 3) Safe Mode with Neworking 4) LKG or Last Known Good
Configuration

Try to F8 to the Windows Adv Options Menu>try 3 safe modes there (I don't
use WGA) and Last Known Good>then I go to Win RE in Vista. That gives you a
choice of Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking,and Safe Mode with Command
Prompt.

These methods are outlined in

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP/and Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding System Restore from MSFT:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../faqsrwxp.mspx

System Restore can be run from the Win RE recovery environment from the same
link as Startup Repair, and sometimes it will work from one F8 safe mode
location or from the Win Recovery Environment when it won't work from other
locations.

How to start the System Restore tool at a command prompt in Windows XP

Good luck,

CH

"Baxtor" <Baxtor.2vtvj3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Sorry to resurrect a dead post but I have been having the same BSOD for
> the last week or so now.
> I run Vista 64 Ultimate with 4GB of Ram, I also have an XP partition
> which is rock solid which leads me to believe its Vista Issue and not my
> ram.
> Did any of you guys find a cure for yours?
>

> --
> Baxtor

craig

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD
Try mscofig boot advanced box limit ram to 1536mb, and run if it works go
back and make it permanent.
--
craig

"Chad Harris" wrote:

> [...]
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../faqsrwxp.mspx
>

> System Restore can be run from the Win RE recovery environment from the same
> link as Startup Repair, and sometimes it will work from one F8 safe mode
> location or from the Win Recovery Environment when it won't work from other
> locations.
>

> How to start the System Restore tool at a command prompt in Windows XP

> Good luck,
>
> CH
>

> "Baxtor" <Baxtor.2vtvj3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Sorry to resurrect a dead post but I have been having the same BSOD for
> > the last week or so now.
> > I run Vista 64 Ultimate with 4GB of Ram, I also have an XP partition
> > which is rock solid which leads me to believe its Vista Issue and not my
> > ram.
> > Did any of you guys find a cure for yours?

pcgod

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

It's a simple problem if you actually understand the architecture of the
computer. I have seen this in both XP and Vista.

The problem is that under load (eg Vista) the system needs to push more
power to the certain elements of the PC one of these elements is the HDD
and the other is the RAM, hence the memory dump that comes with this
BSOD.

The pc can't get enough power to the RAM in time for the process and so
crashes. I am not certain this is the case but I have seen the problem
solved on many systems with a PSU upgrade. (400W upto 550W, etc.)

As I say I am not certain but this certainly solved the problem on the
many pcs i have encountered with the issue.

--
pcgod
Sykosis

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Good Day,

I'm not to computer literate but i've been having a couple of BSOD's
lately. My First one is the Memory_Management. I read this forums, and
ran a memtest on it...one of my 4gs of ram was bad. I'm running vista
by the way. the other 2 BSOD are caused randomly. sometimes when i
try to update the SP i get the Bad_Pool_Header. the Bad_Spool_Caller
is just random. I tired to get the error code but it dumps memory soo
damn fast. What i got is, 0x0000001a and 0x0000008e. the other one
i'm still trying to make it BSOD to i can get the error code.

Comp Spec:s

CPU: Core2 Duo 2.4
8800GTX video card.
4gigs Ram (now3)
Brand new Mother board (cant remember the model but just bought it 2
days ago)

any help will be greatly appricated.

--
Sykosis
Sykosis's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47500

http://forums.techarena.in

DorothyJ

Re: Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD
Hi,

There is a way to stop the PC from rebooting after the BSOD, so you can see
the error messages. I have started taking photos with my digital camera. See
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...omatic-reboot/