IE7 64-BIT Default

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Gibbsalot

IE7 64-BIT Default
Is there anyway to make IE7 64BIT the default browser? Thanks!
Mark L. Ferguson

Re: IE7 64-BIT Default
Control Panel, Default Programs.

--
Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.

Mark L. Ferguson

..
"Gibbsalot" <Gibbsalot@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to make IE7 64BIT the default browser? Thanks!

Gibbsalot

Re: IE7 64-BIT Default
You can only select "Internet Explorer" as the default browser, which
defaults to the 32-bit version. In the start-menu there is a link for
Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer (64 Bit). I'm only trying to figure
out how to make the 64bit one default so that when I open links, or listed
in the top of the start-menu it uses 64bit.

"Mark L. Ferguson" <MarkLFerguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C45F58C1-BE69-4D03-8CBF-7A06429762B6@microsoft.com...
> Control Panel, Default Programs.
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> .
> "Gibbsalot" <Gibbsalot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is there anyway to make IE7 64BIT the default browser? Thanks!

Mark L. Ferguson

Re: IE7 64-BIT Default
choose 'associate a file type or protocol. Scroll to the bottom. highlight
the desired protocol to use, and click the 'change program' button. You
should see both browsers.
--

> You can only select "Internet Explorer" as the default browser, which
> defaults to the 32-bit version. In the start-menu there is a link for
> Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer (64 Bit). I'm only trying to
> figure
> out how to make the 64bit one default so that when I open links, or listed
> in the top of the start-menu it uses 64bit.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" <MarkLFerguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C45F58C1-BE69-4D03-8CBF-7A06429762B6@microsoft.com...
>> Control Panel, Default Programs.
>>
>> --
>> Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
>> interface.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>>
>> .
>> "Gibbsalot" <Gibbsalot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there anyway to make IE7 64BIT the default browser? Thanks!

Gibbsalot

Re: IE7 64-BIT Default
Nope, down in Protocols, selecting HTTP, select 'Change Progam" only one
Internet Explorer is there.

"Mark L. Ferguson" <MarkLFerguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6EF63A7E-78DE-4FF4-96CE-6F0B445B532B@microsoft.com...
> choose 'associate a file type or protocol. Scroll to the bottom. highlight
> the desired protocol to use, and click the 'change program' button. You
> should see both browsers.
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> .
> "Gibbsalot" <Gibbsalot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> You can only select "Internet Explorer" as the default browser, which
>> defaults to the 32-bit version. In the start-menu there is a link for
>> Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer (64 Bit). I'm only trying to
>> figure
>> out how to make the 64bit one default so that when I open links, or
>> listed
>> in the top of the start-menu it uses 64bit.
>>
>> "Mark L. Ferguson" <MarkLFerguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:C45F58C1-BE69-4D03-8CBF-7A06429762B6@microsoft.com...
>>> Control Panel, Default Programs.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
>>> interface.
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>>>
>>> Mark L. Ferguson
>>>
>>> .

Mark L. Ferguson

Re: IE7 64-BIT Default
This app will run everything in 64 bit that you start with it.
Dave's Quick Search Taskbar Toolbar Deskbar: http://www.dqsd.net/

--

> Nope, down in Protocols, selecting HTTP, select 'Change Progam" only one
> Internet Explorer is there.
>

> "Mark L. Ferguson" <MarkLFerguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:6EF63A7E-78DE-4FF4-96CE-6F0B445B532B@microsoft.com...
>> choose 'associate a file type or protocol. Scroll to the bottom.
>> highlight the desired protocol to use, and click the 'change program'
>> button. You should see both browsers.
>> --
>> Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
>> interface.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>>
>> .
>> "Gibbsalot" <Gibbsalot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You can only select "Internet Explorer" as the default browser, which
>>> defaults to the 32-bit version. In the start-menu there is a link for
>>> Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer (64 Bit). I'm only trying to
>>> figure
>>> out how to make the 64bit one default so that when I open links, or
>>> listed
>>> in the top of the start-menu it uses 64bit.
>>>
>>> "Mark L. Ferguson" <MarkLFerguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:C45F58C1-BE69-4D03-8CBF-7A06429762B6@microsoft.com...

hcl14 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbsalot View Post
Is there anyway to make IE7 64BIT the default browser? Thanks!
Path of ie32: C:\Program files(x86)\Internet Explorer
Path of ie64: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

Just rename "internet explorer" folder in "Program files(x86)" and copy there the same one from "Program Files". If threre would be errors with some files it is possible to replace them too, but it seems for me the difference between two versions of ie is only in 3 exe files

Open web page and look to the Task manager to ensure

On my system works perfectly
Don't forget to take it back before installing updates

Last edited by hcl14 : 07-28-2008 at 13:31.
customer

Re: IE7 64-BIT Default

Gibbsalot;3521058 Wrote:
> Is there anyway to make IE7 64BIT the default browser? Thanks!

hi,

the icon that you click for opening the program, right click on it,
properties, shortcut tab, Target: , instead of "Program Files (x86)"
needs to be "Program Files"

--
customer
customer's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/152480.htm