Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Missing Navigation Pane & toolbar

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008
Angela
 

Posts: n/a
Missing Navigation Pane & toolbar
I actually like the Navigation pane in Windows Explorer (if that's still what
it's called in Vista). However, all of a sudden my Navigation pane and
toolbar have gone missing and I want them back. No known viruses have been
detected on my computer, although we have some performance issues with lack
of speed. Any suggestions?


I'm starting to really hate Vista. I've never had so many problems with
other operating systems.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Missing Navigation Pane & toolbar
Windows Explorer>Organise>Layout>Menu Bar

"Angela" wrote:

> I actually like the Navigation pane in Windows Explorer (if that's still what
> it's called in Vista). However, all of a sudden my Navigation pane and
> toolbar have gone missing and I want them back. No known viruses have been
> detected on my computer, although we have some performance issues with lack
> of speed. Any suggestions?
>
>
> I'm starting to really hate Vista. I've never had so many problems with
> other operating systems.
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008
Angela
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Missing Navigation Pane & toolbar
I have no visible toolbar so I just right clicked. Organize is not one of the
options listed.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Windows Explorer>Organise>Layout>Menu Bar
>
> "Angela" wrote:
>
> > I actually like the Navigation pane in Windows Explorer (if that's still what
> > it's called in Vista). However, all of a sudden my Navigation pane and
> > toolbar have gone missing and I want them back. No known viruses have been
> > detected on my computer, although we have some performance issues with lack
> > of speed. Any suggestions?
> >
> >
> > I'm starting to really hate Vista. I've never had so many problems with
> > other operating systems.
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Missing Navigation Pane & toolbar
Angela

A couple of items that may have caused this.

In Windows Explorer, click Organize/Layout and make sure that Navigation
Pane and Menu Bar are selected.

If the Navigation Pane is visible, but you only see 'Favorite Links', look
at the bottom of the pane for 'Folders'. Hover the mouse cursor over the
line directly above the word 'Folders' until it turns into a double arrow,
press and hold the left mouse button and drag it to the top of the pane.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience


"Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A2C20DC9-135D-4D14-8B06-7005ECCE486C@microsoft.com...
>I actually like the Navigation pane in Windows Explorer (if that's still
>what
> it's called in Vista). However, all of a sudden my Navigation pane and
> toolbar have gone missing and I want them back. No known viruses have been
> detected on my computer, although we have some performance issues with
> lack
> of speed. Any suggestions?
>
>
> I'm starting to really hate Vista. I've never had so many problems with
> other operating systems.
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008
Angela
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Missing Navigation Pane & toolbar
Ronnie,
I really appreciate your help. This may be a stupid question but how do I
click Organize/Layout? There is no toolbar, no menu bar, nothing at the top
of the window that has any buttons/menu items to click on. There is nothing
in the window that even says Organize.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Angela
>
> A couple of items that may have caused this.
>
> In Windows Explorer, click Organize/Layout and make sure that Navigation
> Pane and Menu Bar are selected.
>
> If the Navigation Pane is visible, but you only see 'Favorite Links', look
> at the bottom of the pane for 'Folders'. Hover the mouse cursor over the
> line directly above the word 'Folders' until it turns into a double arrow,
> press and hold the left mouse button and drag it to the top of the pane.
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2008
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Missing Navigation Pane & toolbar
Angela

The Organize button is on the new Vista Command Bar, it is a bar that is
located directly under the Address Bar at the top of the Windows Explorer
window. There is no way to hide this bar as far as I know?

How are you opening Windows Explorer?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience


"Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7ED39E8D-4288-40C5-8B83-7CE6F44CD86E@microsoft.com...
> Ronnie,
> I really appreciate your help. This may be a stupid question but how do I
> click Organize/Layout? There is no toolbar, no menu bar, nothing at the
> top
> of the window that has any buttons/menu items to click on. There is
> nothing
> in the window that even says Organize.
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Angela
>>
>> A couple of items that may have caused this.
>>
>> In Windows Explorer, click Organize/Layout and make sure that Navigation
>> Pane and Menu Bar are selected.
>>
>> If the Navigation Pane is visible, but you only see 'Favorite Links',
>> look
>> at the bottom of the pane for 'Folders'. Hover the mouse cursor over the
>> line directly above the word 'Folders' until it turns into a double
>> arrow,
>> press and hold the left mouse button and drag it to the top of the pane.
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Navigation Pane Diana microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 12 03-12-2008 14:23
Navigation Pane Chris Waldick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 12-09-2007 18:32
Windows Explorer & Navigation Pane woes Sterno@where.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 08-08-2007 16:25
navigation pane faults navigator microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 2 07-16-2007 06:59
Navigation pane Diana microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 06-01-2007 06:33




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:44.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120