Need valid Product Key for Vista Ultimate.....

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

rebell

Need valid Product Key for Vista Ultimate.....
who/where may I call? Or who/where may I email for valid Product Key for my
Vista Ultimate Upgrage?

In early December, I upgraded my new HP Slimline s3120n that came with Vista
Home Edition pre-installed. Since upgrading, I have attempted to activate my
Vista Ultimate several times only to have the Product Key rejected each time.
Up until yesterday, after each failed attempt to activate ovfer the past 5-6
weeks, the program nonetheless loaded and I was allowed to continue using my
computer, with the Ultimate Upgrade, without a problem.

However, yesterday, another balloon popped up requesting me to activate my
Ultimate Upgrade. This time, upon being rejected, I get an error code
00XC004F061 - 'unauthorized copy of Vista Ultimate' I am then directed to a
menu driven sight indicating I must purchase a new product key from
Microsoft!!! I bought my Upgrade at Staples early last Summer and paid
$259. Why am I being forced to purchased a prodcut key now?! BTW, I had
one heck of a time upgrading my Home Edition to begin with - I had to
reconfigure my HP two times before the upgrade 'took'.

I prefer a direct phone number (or email, chat) to Microsoft to resolve this
issue. BTW, I did perform a Clean Install as instructed on both Microsoft's
Forum and the back of the Vista Ultimate Upgrade box. I can scan either my
receipt or Staples statement and email as proof of purchase if needed. I
just need my computer up and running - I have work to do!

Scooter2 (ReBell, Tupelo MS)
Veeshhhh ta!

Re: Need valid Product Key for Vista Ultimate.....
you insist on using vista after such harassment?

ok you spent your money now so its too late..

but if you knew this before you got vista, would you perhaps select XP
instead?

"rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> who/where may I call? Or who/where may I email for valid Product Key for
> my
> Vista Ultimate Upgrage?
>
> In early December, I upgraded my new HP Slimline s3120n that came with
> Vista
> Home Edition pre-installed. Since upgrading, I have attempted to activate
> my
> Vista Ultimate several times only to have the Product Key rejected each
> time.
> Up until yesterday, after each failed attempt to activate ovfer the past
> 5-6
> weeks, the program nonetheless loaded and I was allowed to continue using
> my
> computer, with the Ultimate Upgrade, without a problem.
>
> However, yesterday, another balloon popped up requesting me to activate my
> Ultimate Upgrade. This time, upon being rejected, I get an error code
> 00XC004F061 - 'unauthorized copy of Vista Ultimate' I am then directed to
> menu driven sight indicating I must purchase a new product key from
> Microsoft!!! I bought my Upgrade at Staples early last Summer and paid
> $259. Why am I being forced to purchased a prodcut key now?! BTW, I had
> one heck of a time upgrading my Home Edition to begin with - I had to
> reconfigure my HP two times before the upgrade 'took'.
>
> I prefer a direct phone number (or email, chat) to Microsoft to resolve
> this
> issue. BTW, I did perform a Clean Install as instructed on both
> Microsoft's
> Forum and the back of the Vista Ultimate Upgrade box. I can scan either
> my
> receipt or Staples statement and email as proof of purchase if needed. I
> just need my computer up and running - I have work to do!
>
> Scooter2 (ReBell, Tupelo MS)

Frank

Re: Need valid Product Key for Vista Ultimate.....
Veeshhhh ta! wrote:

....capin' crunch once again makes a fool out of himself.
Loser!
Frank
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Need valid Product Key for Vista Ultimate.....
You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5. Once completed, restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"rebell" wrote:

[...]

Richard in AZ

Re: Need valid Product Key for Vista Ultimate.....
Trolls who don't know the answer to the question should keep their hands off the keyboard.

"Veeshhhh ta!" <nospam@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:479f5b47$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...
> you insist on using vista after such harassment?
>
> ok you spent your money now so its too late..
>
> but if you knew this before you got vista, would you perhaps select XP instead?
>

> "rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> who/where may I call? Or who/where may I email for valid Product Key for my
>> Vista Ultimate Upgrage?
>>
>> In early December, I upgraded my new HP Slimline s3120n that came with Vista
>> Home Edition pre-installed. Since upgrading, I have attempted to activate my
>> Vista Ultimate several times only to have the Product Key rejected each time.
>> Up until yesterday, after each failed attempt to activate ovfer the past 5-6
>> weeks, the program nonetheless loaded and I was allowed to continue using my
>> computer, with the Ultimate Upgrade, without a problem.
>>
>> However, yesterday, another balloon popped up requesting me to activate my
>> Ultimate Upgrade. This time, upon being rejected, I get an error code
>> 00XC004F061 - 'unauthorized copy of Vista Ultimate' I am then directed to a
>> menu driven sight indicating I must purchase a new product key from
>> Microsoft!!! I bought my Upgrade at Staples early last Summer and paid
>> $259. Why am I being forced to purchased a prodcut key now?! BTW, I had
>> one heck of a time upgrading my Home Edition to begin with - I had to
>> reconfigure my HP two times before the upgrade 'took'.
>>
>> I prefer a direct phone number (or email, chat) to Microsoft to resolve this
>> issue. BTW, I did perform a Clean Install as instructed on both Microsoft's
>> Forum and the back of the Vista Ultimate Upgrade box. I can scan either my
>> receipt or Staples statement and email as proof of purchase if needed. I
>> just need my computer up and running - I have work to do!
>>
>> Scooter2 (ReBell, Tupelo MS)

Waylen Gumbal

Richard in AZ wrote:
> Trolls who don't know the answer to the question should keep their
> hands off the keyboard.

But he is essentially correct. One should not have to go through such
absurd hoops and end up with a nice shiney paper weight.

-WG

Waylen Gumbal

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the
> following:
>
> 1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:
> slui.exe 4
>
> 2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
>
> 3. Select your Country.
>
> 4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.
>
> 5. Once completed, restart your computer.

That will work, though you may end up feeling like a trained seal.
Honestly, I do not know why people put up with this sort of infuriating
bull.

-WG

Alias

Waylen Gumbal wrote:
> Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>> You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the
>> following:
>>
>> 1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:
>> slui.exe 4
>>
>> 2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
>>
>> 3. Select your Country.
>>
>> 4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.
>>
>> 5. Once completed, restart your computer.

> That will work, though you may end up feeling like a trained seal.
> Honestly, I do not know why people put up with this sort of infuriating
> bull.
>
> -WG

The WPA/WGA crap is the main reason I checked out and use Linux.
Microsoft made BILLIONS with Windows before XP when there wasn't such
crap. Sheer greed and total disdain for paying customers are the ONLY
reasons that crap was instituted.

Alias
Frank

Alias wrote:

> Waylen Gumbal wrote:
>
>> Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>> You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> 1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:
>>> slui.exe 4
>>>
>>> 2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
>>>
>>> 3. Select your Country.
>>>
>>> 4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.
>>>
>>> 5. Once completed, restart your computer.

>> That will work, though you may end up feeling like a trained seal.
>> Honestly, I do not know why people put up with this sort of
>> infuriating bull.
>>
>> -WG
>>

> The WPA/WGA crap is the main reason I checked out and use Linux.
> Microsoft made BILLIONS with Windows before XP when there wasn't such
> crap. Sheer greed and total disdain for paying customers are the ONLY
> reasons that crap was instituted.
>
> Alias

You're stupid!
Frank
thetruthhurts @homail.com

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:06:20 -0800, Frank <fb@samm.zrr> wrote:

>Alias wrote:
>
>> Waylen Gumbal wrote:

>>> That will work, though you may end up feeling like a trained seal.
>>> Honestly, I do not know why people put up with this sort of
>>> infuriating bull.
>>>
>>> -WG
>>>

>> The WPA/WGA crap is the main reason I checked out and use Linux.
>> Microsoft made BILLIONS with Windows before XP when there wasn't such
>> crap. Sheer greed and total disdain for paying customers are the ONLY
>> reasons that crap was instituted.
>>
>> Alias

>You're stupid!
>Frank

Another insightful contribution from the village idiot.