DWM.EXE APPLICATION ERROR

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

DECKO

DWM.EXE APPLICATION ERROR
Here is the problem I am having, Microsoft please help.

DWM.EXE Application Error
The instruction at 0x72d876f1 referenced memory at 0x72d876f1.
The required data was not placed into memory because of an
I/O error staus of oxc0000185, then say, click on o.k to terminate
the program.

When I clck on o.k my computer freezes and I have to then manualy
turn off my computer and it seems that no error has been recongised,
it will then work fine for a while then the same thing happens.

I would realy like to have some help on the matter,
From a very stressed vista user.
AlexB

Re: DWM.EXE APPLICATION ERROR
DWM.EXE appears to be a Windows Desktop manager. I found it running on my
system (Vista Ultimate). It is present in Windows\system32\ folder but it is
impossible to get it started (because it is already running) and impossible
to get help with dwm.exe /?

The thing that makes me suspicious is that the error code you supplied does
not appear to be Windows Vista Error code.

I think you should try to copy a few top events (errors only) from the event
viewer and post them here.

You have to repair the problem, that's for sure.

Some of the options is to use a Vista installation disk in repair mode, call
your manufacturer (they are responsible for any trouble with the OS), do a
complete security checkup (see some other posts as of today for that), etc.

"DECKO" <DECKO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the problem I am having, Microsoft please help.
>
> DWM.EXE Application Error
> The instruction at 0x72d876f1 referenced memory at 0x72d876f1.
> The required data was not placed into memory because of an
> I/O error staus of oxc0000185, then say, click on o.k to terminate
> the program.
>
> When I clck on o.k my computer freezes and I have to then manualy
> turn off my computer and it seems that no error has been recongised,
> it will then work fine for a while then the same thing happens.
>
> I would realy like to have some help on the matter,
> From a very stressed vista user.

Bob Willard

DECKO wrote:

> Here is the problem I am having, Microsoft please help.
>
> DWM.EXE Application Error
> The instruction at 0x72d876f1 referenced memory at 0x72d876f1.
> The required data was not placed into memory because of an
> I/O error staus of oxc0000185, then say, click on o.k to terminate
> the program.
>
> When I clck on o.k my computer freezes and I have to then manualy
> turn off my computer and it seems that no error has been recongised,
> it will then work fine for a while then the same thing happens.
>
> I would realy like to have some help on the matter,
> From a very stressed vista user.

FYI -- this NG is not a path to M$ support, so you should not expect
an answer from M$ here. This NG is just a collection of users helping
each other, although some seem to know a lot about M$ products.
--
Cheers, Bob
DECKO

RE: DWM.EXE APPLICATION ERROR
It is now my understanging that this is an error in the vista filing system
there is no quick fix to the problem, the only way to fix this is if you keep
having the problem is to save all your files and programs to disk and do a
factory restore and just hope windows will address the problem sooner rather
than later. Hope this is of some help. Decko