Need copy of Vista Home Premium!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

jim

Need copy of Vista Home Premium!
Is there a web sight were I can get a free trial version of Vista Home
Premium? Reason is that I have a oem version key on my laptop but it came
pre installed and I formated drive to rid viruses but oops! Anyway if anyone
knows were I can get a copy to use for install I can use my product code off
of the laptop were I will be installing this copy of vista home premium???
Any help would be appreciated. Can not access recovery partition since I
formated the os partition?

turnstyle

Re: Need copy of Vista Home Premium!
Get a copy of the Vista Upgrade Anytime disk -- I got one from CompUSA
for $5.

-Scott
peter

Re: Need copy of Vista Home Premium!
Contact the maker of your Latop for CD/DVD copies of your System
Recovery............or read the manual on how to restore from the Recovery
Partition.
Some makers have you push an F? on startup to instantly start the recovery
process.
Since you did not name the Laptop its hard to get specific
peter

"jim" <jmlvy1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Is there a web sight were I can get a free trial version of Vista Home
> Premium? Reason is that I have a oem version key on my laptop but it came
> pre installed and I formated drive to rid viruses but oops! Anyway if
> anyone knows were I can get a copy to use for install I can use my product
> code off of the laptop were I will be installing this copy of vista home
> premium??? Any help would be appreciated. Can not access recovery
> partition since I formated the os partition?

BillD

"jim" wrote:

> Is there a web sight were I can get a free trial version of Vista Home
> Premium? Reason is that I have a oem version key on my laptop but it came
> pre installed and I formated drive to rid viruses but oops! Anyway if anyone
> knows were I can get a copy to use for install I can use my product code off
> of the laptop were I will be installing this copy of vista home premium???
> Any help would be appreciated. Can not access recovery partition since I
> formated the os partition?

order the dvd from this site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro.../overview.mspx

jim

Re: Need copy of Vista Home Premium!

Thanks for info to all! I tried installing my copy of vista home basic which
works fine except in 30 days it will be dead because i can't activate do to
it being installed on my desktop computer? Contacting the manufacturer is a
good option for me. Just looking for a different fix. I tried upgrade online
except my copy on the laptop is not activated? Keep sending me ideas and
hopefully some one will give me a link i can go to to download a trial
version so i can find out if microsoft will honor the oem numbers on my
laptop? Thank you to all who inform!

"peter" <peterk@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Contact the maker of your Latop for CD/DVD copies of your System
> Recovery............or read the manual on how to restore from the Recovery
> Partition.
> Some makers have you push an F? on startup to instantly start the recovery
> process.
> Since you did not name the Laptop its hard to get specific
> peter
>
> --
> DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
> offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
> If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
> me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)
>

> "jim" <jmlvy1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Is there a web sight were I can get a free trial version of Vista Home
>> Premium? Reason is that I have a oem version key on my laptop but it came
>> pre installed and I formated drive to rid viruses but oops! Anyway if
>> anyone knows were I can get a copy to use for install I can use my
>> product code off of the laptop were I will be installing this copy of
>> vista home premium??? Any help would be appreciated. Can not access
>> recovery partition since I formated the os partition?

jim

Re: Need copy of Vista Home Premium!
Scott,
How is the anytime disk different from upgrading online?

"turnstyle" <turnstyle@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Get a copy of the Vista Upgrade Anytime disk -- I got one from CompUSA
> for $5.
>
> -Scott

Rick Rogers

Re: Need copy of Vista Home Premium!
Hi,

1) Contact the system manufacturer for instructions on accessing the
recovery partition or to obtain an appropriate recovery disk set. Why?

2) Your OEM product key is not going to work with a retail version of the
product even if a free trial download were available (it's not, but that's
besides the point). An OEM key needs to be used with OEM media.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jim" <jmlvy1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Is there a web sight were I can get a free trial version of Vista Home
> Premium? Reason is that I have a oem version key on my laptop but it came
> pre installed and I formated drive to rid viruses but oops! Anyway if
> anyone knows were I can get a copy to use for install I can use my product
> code off of the laptop were I will be installing this copy of vista home
> premium??? Any help would be appreciated. Can not access recovery
> partition since I formated the os partition?

Bill

jim wrote:

> Thanks for info to all! I tried installing my copy of vista home basic
> which works fine except in 30 days it will be dead because i can't
> activate do to it being installed on my desktop computer? Contacting
> the manufacturer is a good option for me. Just looking for a different
> fix. I tried upgrade online except my copy on the laptop is not
> activated? Keep sending me ideas and hopefully some one will give me a
> link i can go to to download a trial version so i can find out if
> microsoft will honor the oem numbers on my laptop? Thank you to all who
> inform!

You have a disc for Vista Home Basic then? That disc can be used to
install Home Premium. Just key in your Home Premium registration key
when prompted, and it should work.

Once it is installed, your product key, if it's like the OEM key that
came with my Acer, may not activate if you attempt internet activation.
You'll probably be prompted to call Microsoft's toll-free number.
jim

Re: Need copy of Vista Home Premium!
Thank you Rick for this info. Looks like Dell wins?
> Hi,
>
> 1) Contact the system manufacturer for instructions on accessing the
> recovery partition or to obtain an appropriate recovery disk set. Why?
>
> 2) Your OEM product key is not going to work with a retail version of the
> product even if a free trial download were available (it's not, but that's
> besides the point). An OEM key needs to be used with OEM media.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "jim" <jmlvy1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Is there a web sight were I can get a free trial version of Vista Home
>> Premium? Reason is that I have a oem version key on my laptop but it came
>> pre installed and I formated drive to rid viruses but oops! Anyway if
>> anyone knows were I can get a copy to use for install I can use my
>> product code off of the laptop were I will be installing this copy of
>> vista home premium??? Any help would be appreciated. Can not access
>> recovery partition since I formated the os partition?

Rick Rogers

Re: Need copy of Vista Home Premium!
I stopped recommending them long ago, the hardware's not what it used to be.