Language: need to change from german to english!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Language: need to change from german to english!
Basically my girlfriend is german, and has a german laptop and vista is
installed in german. I dont know German and she doesnt know computers (and i
cant wait for her to read every word on every menu in the hope that she finds
what we need), so i need help to change the language of vista, all menus and
as much as possible, to ENGLISH!

i have seen language packs on here, but they seem to be for less common
languages..

any advice greatly appreciated!
thanks
Iain

Re: Language: need to change from german to english!
P wrote:
> Basically my girlfriend is german, and has a german laptop and vista is
> installed in german. I dont know German and she doesnt know computers (and i
> cant wait for her to read every word on every menu in the hope that she finds
> what we need), so i need help to change the language of vista, all menus and
> as much as possible, to ENGLISH!
>
> i have seen language packs on here, but they seem to be for less common
> languages..
>
> any advice greatly appreciated!
> thanks

What version of Vista; Business, Ultimate or Enterprise?

If your version is > Business, simply load English Language Pack via
"Windows Update".
Joe cann

Re: Language: need to change from german to english!
Hello little vista crap OS loving poster...

You dont know skit about the OS you luv...

Here is the real information >>>>

Licensing requirements state that versions of the Windows Vista operating
system can include only a single language, with the exception of the Windows
VistaT Ultimate and the Windows VistaT Enterprise editions.

"Iain" <iain@comnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>P wrote:
>> Basically my girlfriend is german, and has a german laptop and vista is
>> installed in german. I dont know German and she doesnt know computers
>> (and i cant wait for her to read every word on every menu in the hope
>> that she finds what we need), so i need help to change the language of
>> vista, all menus and as much as possible, to ENGLISH!
>>
>> i have seen language packs on here, but they seem to be for less common
>> languages..
>>
>> any advice greatly appreciated!
>> thanks

> What version of Vista; Business, Ultimate or Enterprise?
>
> If your version is > Business, simply load English Language Pack via
> "Windows Update".

Joe cann

Re: Language: need to change from german to english!
You need Vista Ultimate in order to install an extra language pack

"Licensing requirements state that versions of the Windows Vista operating
system can include only a single language, with the exception of the Windows
VistaT Ultimate and the Windows VistaT Enterprise editions."

there are some partial language packs called LIP but MS has been realy
stupid about those because it wants to sell ultimate upgrades..

see here
http://www.microsoft.com/industry/pu...age/about.aspx
and
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b5ecc1033.mspx

"P" <P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Basically my girlfriend is german, and has a german laptop and vista is
> installed in german. I dont know German and she doesnt know computers
> (and i
> cant wait for her to read every word on every menu in the hope that she
> finds
> what we need), so i need help to change the language of vista, all menus
> and
> as much as possible, to ENGLISH!
>
> i have seen language packs on here, but they seem to be for less common
> languages..
>
> any advice greatly appreciated!
> thanks

Joe Cann

Re: Language: need to change from german to english!
I replied to your other post about the theme.. here is the reply again just
in case you didnt see it since it is some days ago

It works 100%, you just have to have Vista patched by vistaglazz

then you must put the theme files in the proper c/windows/resources folder
I made a video for you, along with the theme, so you can see how its done..
click the runme shortcut to see the video

I have uploaded it to rapidshare file hosting .. download it here
http://rapidshare.com/files/86408397...ro-enabled.zip

Along with the video I have the theme I used for the video...

As you can see after I apply this theme, aero with flip 3d is working.. all
the aspects of the accelerated aero interface are functional, along with the
DPI function as it is with aero glass default theme.

if you need any help post back

"Iain" <iain@comnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>P wrote:
>> Basically my girlfriend is german, and has a german laptop and vista is
>> installed in german. I dont know German and she doesnt know computers
>> (and i cant wait for her to read every word on every menu in the hope
>> that she finds what we need), so i need help to change the language of
>> vista, all menus and as much as possible, to ENGLISH!
>>
>> i have seen language packs on here, but they seem to be for less common
>> languages..
>>
>> any advice greatly appreciated!
>> thanks

> What version of Vista; Business, Ultimate or Enterprise?
>
> If your version is > Business, simply load English Language Pack via
> "Windows Update".

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Language: need to change from german to english!
Your most likely choice if you want to switch the base OS language would be
an upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"Joe Cann" <JoeCann@is.bak> wrote in message
>I replied to your other post about the theme.. here is the reply again just
>in case you didnt see it since it is some days ago
>>>>>>

> It works 100%, you just have to have Vista patched by vistaglazz
>
> then you must put the theme files in the proper c/windows/resources folder
> I made a video for you, along with the theme, so you can see how its
> done.. click the runme shortcut to see the video
>
> I have uploaded it to rapidshare file hosting .. download it here
> http://rapidshare.com/files/86408397...ro-enabled.zip
>
> Along with the video I have the theme I used for the video...
>
> As you can see after I apply this theme, aero with flip 3d is working..
> all the aspects of the accelerated aero interface are functional, along
> with the DPI function as it is with aero glass default theme.
>
> if you need any help post back
>

> "Iain" <iain@comnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>P wrote:
>>> Basically my girlfriend is german, and has a german laptop and vista is
>>> installed in german. I dont know German and she doesnt know computers
>>> (and i cant wait for her to read every word on every menu in the hope
>>> that she finds what we need), so i need help to change the language of
>>> vista, all menus and as much as possible, to ENGLISH!
>>>
>>> i have seen language packs on here, but they seem to be for less common
>>> languages..
>>>
>>> any advice greatly appreciated!
>>> thanks

>> What version of Vista; Business, Ultimate or Enterprise?
>>
>> If your version is > Business, simply load English Language Pack via
>> "Windows Update".

Re: Language: need to change from german to english!
it's just vista Home Premium...

"Iain" wrote:

> P wrote:
> > Basically my girlfriend is german, and has a german laptop and vista is
> > installed in german. I dont know German and she doesnt know computers (and i
> > cant wait for her to read every word on every menu in the hope that she finds
> > what we need), so i need help to change the language of vista, all menus and
> > as much as possible, to ENGLISH!
> >
> > i have seen language packs on here, but they seem to be for less common
> > languages..
> >
> > any advice greatly appreciated!
> > thanks

> What version of Vista; Business, Ultimate or Enterprise?
>
> If your version is > Business, simply load English Language Pack via
> "Windows Update".

forty-nine

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] wrote:
> Your most likely choice if you want to switch the base OS language would be
> an upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate.

But not Vista Enterprise, eh?
@ Windows7 M1

Re: Language: need to change from german to english!
You can have enterprise only if you are in some large company I think...

its not available to normal users