Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding -- FIX--

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?RHdhaW4=?=

Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding -- FIX--
I have found and fixed the problem today. This is what appears to happen.
during the installation of the most current drivers 100.65 Vista, an OLD file
nvlddmkm.sys is copied into windows/system32/drivers and not the current one
in the install. As a result the new drivers are attempting to access a file
dated 11/2006 instead of 2/2007 ver 7.15.11.0065 which is in the newest WHQL
driver ver 100.65 vista 32.

Fix: Go to windows/system32/drivers and rename nvlddmkm.sys to
nvlddmkm.sys.old. Go to the nvidia directory and find the file nvlddmkm.sy_
and copy it to windows/system32. Using the cmd window (DOS box) type
EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys. When the expansion is complete, copy
the new nvlddmkm.sys to windows/system32/drivers and restart the computer.

Your computer should now work properly.

You will notice that any uninstall and reinstall of nvidia drivers will not
remove the old nvlddmkm.sys file and will not overwrite it with the newer
version. You have to do it manually. I do not know why this happens but who
cares as long it is fixed.

Good luck...
Xavier9

Re: Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding -- FIX--
On Mar 4, 10:31 am, Dwain <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have found and fixed the problem today. This is what appears to happen.
> during the installation of the most current drivers 100.65Vista, an OLD filenvlddmkm.sys is copied into windows/system32/drivers and not the current one
> in the install. As a result the new drivers are attempting to access a file
> dated 11/2006 instead of 2/2007 ver 7.15.11.0065 which is in the newest WHQL
> driver ver 100.65vista32.
>
> Fix: Go to windows/system32/drivers and renamenvlddmkm.sys tonvlddmkm.sys.old. Go to the nvidia directory and find the filenvlddmkm.sy_
> and copy it to windows/system32. Using the cmd window (DOS box) type
> EXPAND.EXEnvlddmkm.sy_nvlddmkm.sys. When the expansion is complete, copy
> the newnvlddmkm.sys to windows/system32/drivers and restart the computer.
>
> Your computer should now work properly.
>
> You will notice that any uninstall and reinstall of nvidia drivers will not
> remove the oldnvlddmkm.sys file and will not overwrite it with the newer
> version. You have to do it manually. I do not know why this happens but who
> cares as long it is fixed.
>
> Good luck...

This doesnt appear to be the case on my system. I checked the version
of windows/system32/nvlddmkm.sys and it is 7.15.11.0065 and I am still
getting the same message

=?Utf-8?B?RHdhaW4=?=

Re: Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding -- FIX--
Try it in safe mode anyway. There might have been corruption of the file...

"Xavier9" wrote:

> On Mar 4, 10:31 am, Dwain <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I have found and fixed the problem today. This is what appears to happen.
> > during the installation of the most current drivers 100.65Vista, an OLD filenvlddmkm.sys is copied into windows/system32/drivers and not the current one
> > in the install. As a result the new drivers are attempting to access a file
> > dated 11/2006 instead of 2/2007 ver 7.15.11.0065 which is in the newest WHQL
> > driver ver 100.65vista32.
> >
> > Fix: Go to windows/system32/drivers and renamenvlddmkm.sys tonvlddmkm.sys.old. Go to the nvidia directory and find the filenvlddmkm.sy_
> > and copy it to windows/system32. Using the cmd window (DOS box) type
> > EXPAND.EXEnvlddmkm.sy_nvlddmkm.sys. When the expansion is complete, copy
> > the newnvlddmkm.sys to windows/system32/drivers and restart the computer.
> >
> > Your computer should now work properly.
> >
> > You will notice that any uninstall and reinstall of nvidia drivers will not
> > remove the oldnvlddmkm.sys file and will not overwrite it with the newer
> > version. You have to do it manually. I do not know why this happens but who
> > cares as long it is fixed.
> >
> > Good luck...

> This doesnt appear to be the case on my system. I checked the version
> of windows/system32/nvlddmkm.sys and it is 7.15.11.0065 and I am still
> getting the same message

tom kalis

nvddmkm.sy_ fix
Keep getting an error message at the command prompt that it can't open output file...what am I doing wrong?

Tom

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Derrickpetr

Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding -- FIX-- -Dwai
Excellent - works for me - Thanks

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
lewis

cant open outputfile
Keep getting an error message at the command prompt that it can't open output file...what am I doing wrong?

Tom

i keep getting that too, ive not a clue what to do

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Goldilox

Displ
I'm getting this exact message too and I really want to put an end to this annoying 'display driver stopped responding...' thing. Please help me out. All I'm getting with expanding the nvlddmkm.sy_ file is the 'can't open output file' message.

Thanx a lot if someone can help me out here.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
marcin of poland

not work this post not help

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Max

Re: x
All you eggheaders should go here (assuming you are not technically
sophisticated enough to use *real* newsgroups such as news.microsoft.com):
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...&fltr= &exp=1
to see just how ridiculous your posts look sitting there all by themselves
with no relation or flow to any thread because you are using such a badly
misconfigured portal like eggheadcafe.com.
"EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice "
Yeah...in their dreams. They can't even mirror newsgroups correctly.

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
----
"marcin of poland" wrote in message news:200748135242marcin_chelmza@wp.eu...
> not work this post not help

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Dustin Harper

Re: x
Yea, it's a one way syncronization. I tried it on my site with newssync, and
I ended up trashing it. It wasn't worth it at all. Things like this would
happen all the time.

Stick with the real newsgroups. If you are away from home and need them, use
a USB drive and Portable Thunderbird.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com