application window stays minimized and won't open

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

daissy

application window stays minimized and won't open
Hi,

I'm running Vista Business on Vaio VGN-TZ 150N. Since a few weeks I am not
able to use the application for connecting to the wifi internet . When I
double click on the application, window does not open normally but is
minimized and can not be run in normal mode so basically i can not access the
application functions at all. Neverthless the application itself runs on a
task amanger and uses about 60% of CPU, which seems strange as well. I can
not also close the application using right mouse button, it doesn't work, so
I can close it only via task manager.

One of the application component is also blocked on a start up by windows
defender so in order for application to run correctly first i need to unblock
it but it has been like that always, when the application worked correctly in
the past.

I think that the problems started when I wanted to install drivers for HP
printer. It did not install correctly, and since then the internet
application stoped working correctly. I unistalled the drivers, tried a few
times reinstalling the application, cleared even the registry, but nothing
helped.

I know that there is a workaround to that, since I only need this
application for connecting to the internet, i could set up dialup connection,
however Vista does not come with preinstalled feature that would allow for
entering PIN code for dial up connection. So if anyone knows how to install
it, or knows how to fix it so it works as in the past, I'd appreciate help.

I can't also do the system restore, as all my restore points were deleted
god knows why and when and vista does not create new ones automatically for
so far unknown reason to anybody who tried to help with that.

--
/daissy