Codec file for movie maker

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Paula

Codec file for movie maker
I have an HP Pavillion that came with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a
video camera that I recorded a couple of things that I saved on my C drive. I
am trying to make a movie using windows movie maker, but every time I try to
import the files either from the cd of the camera or from the c drive there
is a message saying that it can not be imported because the codec required to
play is not installed. I went to avi codec.com and dowloaded and restarted my
computer. Still it doesn't work. Some help, please? My video camera is samsug.
thanks
Mick Murphy

RE: Codec file for movie maker
http://www.mediacodec.org/

The codecs pack at the above link may suit you.

"Paula" wrote:

> I have an HP Pavillion that came with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a
> video camera that I recorded a couple of things that I saved on my C drive. I
> am trying to make a movie using windows movie maker, but every time I try to
> import the files either from the cd of the camera or from the c drive there
> is a message saying that it can not be imported because the codec required to
> play is not installed. I went to avi codec.com and dowloaded and restarted my
> computer. Still it doesn't work. Some help, please? My video camera is samsug.
> thanks

MiA16

RE: Codec file for movie maker

I have a Sony GC1 Net-Sharing Cam- it publishes my videos as MPEG-4'S.
You think this codec would help me transfer .mp4's to say .wav's or .avi's?
Thanks
"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> http://www.mediacodec.org/
>
> The codecs pack at the above link may suit you.
>
> "Paula" wrote:
>
> > I have an HP Pavillion that came with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a
> > video camera that I recorded a couple of things that I saved on my C drive. I
> > am trying to make a movie using windows movie maker, but every time I try to
> > import the files either from the cd of the camera or from the c drive there
> > is a message saying that it can not be imported because the codec required to
> > play is not installed. I went to avi codec.com and dowloaded and restarted my
> > computer. Still it doesn't work. Some help, please? My video camera is samsug.
> > thanks

Paula

RE: Codec file for movie maker
Thanks But it did not work. I downloaded and still I get the same message.
Any other help.
Thanks in advance for your help.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> http://www.mediacodec.org/
>
> The codecs pack at the above link may suit you.
>
> "Paula" wrote:
>
> > I have an HP Pavillion that came with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a
> > video camera that I recorded a couple of things that I saved on my C drive. I
> > am trying to make a movie using windows movie maker, but every time I try to
> > import the files either from the cd of the camera or from the c drive there
> > is a message saying that it can not be imported because the codec required to
> > play is not installed. I went to avi codec.com and dowloaded and restarted my
> > computer. Still it doesn't work. Some help, please? My video camera is samsug.
> > thanks

Mark R. Cusumano

Re: Codec file for movie maker
Try this website. The program will not fix your problem but it WILL tell
you what codec you need and which website to get it from. I have used it
several times when I have encountered a file that I can't read or a codec is
missing.

http://avicodec.duby.info/

--
Mark R. Cusumano
Skype Name: mark.cusumano

Paula

Re: Codec file for movie maker
Thanks, I had tried it also but it did not work. I will try again to see if I
missing something. I talked with the support technical of samsung and they
told me that the files of my camcord are .VOB, .BUP and .IFO, so I need a
converter to .avid for example in order to import to the movie maker. Does it
make sense? Is that correct? Is there any web site that I could convert the
files?