HP Solution Center /Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Dean

HP Solution Center /Vista
I have tried to install my HP Printer Fax Solution Center software and when I
try to open it on my other user accounts on this compuer it opens blank
buttons and I get a Parsing error. If I open it as administrator user on
vista everything opens just fine.

I've tried to re-set permissions to allow all users on running HP Solutions
Center under Properties, settings, and also looked at security settings and
when I switch to another user it still comes up the same way blank buttons on
Vista secondary account.

Tried to uninstall HP Solution Center and re-install and still will not
work . The Shortcut has Arrows around the icon on my Desktop link ?

If I could get some help I'd appreciate it .

Thank You

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: HP Solution Center /Vista
Have you contacted HP Support about compatibility with Limited User accounts
under Windows Vista? There might be some compatibility issues there that you
might not be aware of. You could try right clicking the application
executable in the Limited user account and click Run as Administrator and
enter Administrator credentials if prompted.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to install my HP Printer Fax Solution Center software and when
> try to open it on my other user accounts on this compuer it opens blank
> buttons and I get a Parsing error. If I open it as administrator user on
> vista everything opens just fine.
>
> I've tried to re-set permissions to allow all users on running HP
> Solutions
> Center under Properties, settings, and also looked at security settings
> and
> when I switch to another user it still comes up the same way blank buttons
> on
> Vista secondary account.
>
> Tried to uninstall HP Solution Center and re-install and still will not
> work . The Shortcut has Arrows around the icon on my Desktop link ?
>
> If I could get some help I'd appreciate it .
>
> Thank You

Sean

Re: HP Solution Center /Vista
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:59:07 -0800, Dean wrote:

> I have tried to install my HP Printer Fax Solution Center software and
> when I try to open it on my other user accounts on this compuer it opens
> blank buttons and I get a Parsing error. If I open it as administrator
> user on vista everything opens just fine.
>
> I've tried to re-set permissions to allow all users on running HP
> Solutions Center under Properties, settings, and also looked at security
> settings and when I switch to another user it still comes up the same
> way blank buttons on Vista secondary account.
>
> Tried to uninstall HP Solution Center and re-install and still will not
> work . The Shortcut has Arrows around the icon on my Desktop link ?
>
> If I could get some help I'd appreciate it .
>
> Thank You

Try downloading an up-to-date version from HP. They should have a Vista-
compatible version by now.

devidjoli is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: HP Solution Center /Vista
I have tried running as an administrator, but I have done has been amended. I uninstalled all the HP program, delete the HP folder, and then from the HP website to download the "driver only" package.

Last edited by devidjoli : 06-20-2011 at 16:54.

meetsalman is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: HP Solution Center /Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by devidjoli View Post
I have tried running as an administrator, but I have done has been amended. I uninstalled all the HP program, delete the HP folder, and then from the HP website to download the "driver only" package.
I think should contact customer care center some engineer will come and solve your problem.