Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restartautomatically in one minute.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

fpmalard@gmail.com

Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restartautomatically in one minute.
Hello,

I'm facing the same problem with two of my Toshiba laptops running
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

Both are running fine since April, 2007 with all Microsoft updates.

The first one, a Toshiba A135-S4477 suddenly start to present this
error message.

I have tried almost anything you can imagine. Things such as:

- Performed a System Restore;
- Scanned my computer with almost all antivirus, antispyware,
antianything you may know (nothing found);
- Performed a chkdsk with bad sector seek (no errors found);
- Unistalled all recent software and updates from Microsoft;
- Tried two Hotfix from Microsoft (no effect);
- Tried Vista SP1 Release Candidate;
- Tried to disable all non-Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
- Tried to disable all Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
- As soon as I reboot the system it shows the critical error message,
wait for 1 minute and restart;
- Format my C: drive and fully resintalled Vista. It have worked fine
for 2 or 3 days and the problem get back!

As my last resort I send my Notebook back to Toshiba.

Well, today, back to the office...brand new year...good mood...

My employee turned on its Notebook (also a Toshiba, but model A205-
S4797) and....guess what??? SAME PROBLEM!

Note: We have some Vaio Notebooks at our company all running Vista
Ultimate without showing this bizzarre problem.

We have contacted Microsoft today and they told us to try the same
possible workaround we have tried.

The strange aspect is that the system always load in Safe Mode and if
you reinstall the system it works fine for a couple of days...go
figure...

Any huch (as much crazy it could be) will be appreciated!

Best regards,
Fernando.

David B.

Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute.
I would start by disabling all the Toshiba specific tools/utilities/drivers
using msconfig and reboot.

--

----

<fpmalard@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm facing the same problem with two of my Toshiba laptops running
> Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.
>
> Both are running fine since April, 2007 with all Microsoft updates.
>
> The first one, a Toshiba A135-S4477 suddenly start to present this
> error message.
>
> I have tried almost anything you can imagine. Things such as:
>
> - Performed a System Restore;
> - Scanned my computer with almost all antivirus, antispyware,
> antianything you may know (nothing found);
> - Performed a chkdsk with bad sector seek (no errors found);
> - Unistalled all recent software and updates from Microsoft;
> - Tried two Hotfix from Microsoft (no effect);
> - Tried Vista SP1 Release Candidate;
> - Tried to disable all non-Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
> - Tried to disable all Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
> - As soon as I reboot the system it shows the critical error message,
> wait for 1 minute and restart;
> - Format my C: drive and fully resintalled Vista. It have worked fine
> for 2 or 3 days and the problem get back!
>
> As my last resort I send my Notebook back to Toshiba.
>
> Well, today, back to the office...brand new year...good mood...
>
> My employee turned on its Notebook (also a Toshiba, but model A205-
> S4797) and....guess what??? SAME PROBLEM!
>
> Note: We have some Vaio Notebooks at our company all running Vista
> Ultimate without showing this bizzarre problem.
>
> We have contacted Microsoft today and they told us to try the same
> possible workaround we have tried.
>
> The strange aspect is that the system always load in Safe Mode and if
> you reinstall the system it works fine for a couple of days...go
> figure...
>
> Any huch (as much crazy it could be) will be appreciated!
>
> Best regards,
> Fernando.

fpmalard@gmail.com

Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restartautomatically in one minute.
Hi,

My installation is a clean one.
Both Notebooks came with Vista Home but I have formatted and installed
a clean legal MSDN copy of Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Next I have
performed all Microsoft updates and both have been working just fine
since April. The first Notebook problem was about December 20th and
the other one today.

I have also used MSCONFIG in a sort of combination you can't
imagine...

Thanks for the tip.

On Jan 2, 4:33*pm, "David B." <nom...@nomail.com> wrote:
> I would start by disabling all the Toshiba specific tools/utilities/drivers
> using msconfig and reboot.
>
> --
>
> ----
> Crosspost, do not multiposthttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> __________________________________________________ _________________________*______
>
> <fpmal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,

> > I'm facing the same problem with two of my Toshiba laptops running
> > Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

> > Both are running fine since April, 2007 with all Microsoft updates.

> > The first one, a Toshiba A135-S4477 suddenly start to present this
> > error message.

> > I have tried almost anything you can imagine. Things such as:

> > - Performed a System Restore;
> > - Scanned my computer with almost all antivirus, antispyware,
> > antianything you may know (nothing found);
> > - Performed a chkdsk with bad sector seek (no errors found);
> > - Unistalled all recent software and updates from Microsoft;
> > - Tried two Hotfix from Microsoft (no effect);
> > - Tried Vista SP1 Release Candidate;
> > - Tried to disable all non-Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
> > - Tried to disable all Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
> > - As soon as I reboot the system it shows the critical error message,
> > wait for 1 minute and restart;
> > - Format my C: drive and fully resintalled Vista. It have worked fine
> > for 2 or 3 days and the problem get back!

> > As my last resort I send my Notebook back to Toshiba.

> > Well, today, back to the office...brand new year...good mood...

> > My employee turned on its Notebook (also a Toshiba, but model A205-
> > S4797) and....guess what??? SAME PROBLEM!

> > Note: We have some Vaio Notebooks at our company all running Vista
> > Ultimate without showing this bizzarre problem.

> > We have contacted Microsoft today and they told us to try the same
> > possible workaround we have tried.

> > The strange aspect is that the system always load in Safe Mode and if
> > you reinstall the system it works fine for a couple of days...go
> > figure...

> > Any huch (as much crazy it could be) will be appreciated!

> > Best regards,
> > Fernando.- Hide quoted text -

David B.

Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute.
Ahh, I missed that, anything in event log referencing the problem?

--

----

Hi,

My installation is a clean one.
Both Notebooks came with Vista Home but I have formatted and installed
a clean legal MSDN copy of Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Next I have
performed all Microsoft updates and both have been working just fine
since April. The first Notebook problem was about December 20th and
the other one today.

I have also used MSCONFIG in a sort of combination you can't
imagine...

Thanks for the tip.

On Jan 2, 4:33 pm, "David B." <nom...@nomail.com> wrote:
> I would start by disabling all the Toshiba specific
> tools/utilities/drivers
> using msconfig and reboot.
>
> --
>
> ----
> Crosspost, do not multiposthttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> __________________________________________________ _________________________*______
>
> <fpmal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,

> > I'm facing the same problem with two of my Toshiba laptops running
> > Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

> > Both are running fine since April, 2007 with all Microsoft updates.

> > The first one, a Toshiba A135-S4477 suddenly start to present this
> > error message.

> > I have tried almost anything you can imagine. Things such as:

> > - Performed a System Restore;
> > - Scanned my computer with almost all antivirus, antispyware,
> > antianything you may know (nothing found);
> > - Performed a chkdsk with bad sector seek (no errors found);
> > - Unistalled all recent software and updates from Microsoft;
> > - Tried two Hotfix from Microsoft (no effect);
> > - Tried Vista SP1 Release Candidate;
> > - Tried to disable all non-Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
> > - Tried to disable all Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
> > - As soon as I reboot the system it shows the critical error message,
> > wait for 1 minute and restart;
> > - Format my C: drive and fully resintalled Vista. It have worked fine
> > for 2 or 3 days and the problem get back!

> > As my last resort I send my Notebook back to Toshiba.

> > Well, today, back to the office...brand new year...good mood...

> > My employee turned on its Notebook (also a Toshiba, but model A205-
> > S4797) and....guess what??? SAME PROBLEM!

> > Note: We have some Vaio Notebooks at our company all running Vista
> > Ultimate without showing this bizzarre problem.

> > We have contacted Microsoft today and they told us to try the same
> > possible workaround we have tried.

> > The strange aspect is that the system always load in Safe Mode and if
> > you reinstall the system it works fine for a couple of days...go
> > figure...

> > Any huch (as much crazy it could be) will be appreciated!

> > Best regards,
> > Fernando.- Hide quoted text -

fpmalard@gmail.com

Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restartautomatically in one minute.
Yes, the first problem was (sorry, it is in Portuguese) this one:

<LOG FRAGMENT BEGIN>

Erro 02/01/2008 08:15:53 Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem 4609 Sistema
de eventos O Sistema de Eventos COM+ detectou um código de retorno
incorreto durante o processamento interno. HRESULT era 8007043c da
linha 45 de d:\longhorn_rc0\com\complus\src\events
\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Contate o Atendimento Microsoft para
relatar este erro.

<LOG FRAGMENT END>

It seems a problem inside COM+ code 4609.
It shows a problem at line 45 inside C++ file d:\longhorn_rc0\com
\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp returning HRESULT =
8007043c. Seems to be something old once the path is longhorn_rc0
based...

No idea what it means...

Thanks again.

After this event there is a huge list of errors.

On Jan 2, 5:00*pm, "David B." <nom...@nomail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> > > wait for 1 minute and restart;
> > > - Format my C: drive and fully resintalled Vista. It have worked fine
> > > for 2 or 3 days and the problem get back!

> > > As my last resort I send my Notebook back to Toshiba.

> > > Well, today, back to the office...brand new year...good mood...

> > > My employee turned on its Notebook (also a Toshiba, but model A205-
> > > S4797) and....guess what??? SAME PROBLEM!

> > > Note: We have some Vaio Notebooks at our company all running Vista
> > > Ultimate without showing this bizzarre problem.

> > > We have contacted Microsoft today and they told us to try the same
> > > possible workaround we have tried.

> > > The strange aspect is that the system always load in Safe Mode and if
> > > you reinstall the system it works fine for a couple of days...go
> > > figure...

> > > Any huch (as much crazy it could be) will be appreciated!

fpmalard@gmail.com

Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restartautomatically in one minute.
Hi David,

I have talked again with Microsoft support today and we have found the
culprit.
The problem is an ActiveX control used by some Banks in Brazil
(Service for G-Buster Browser Defense - C:\PROGRA~1\GbPlugin
\GbpSv.exe).

This control has become corrupted and thus affect the Windows Vista
cryptographic system which causes a problem that generates that error
message and make the system restart in one minute.

As there is no solution at this moment the recommended workaround was
to log in Safe Mode and disable this ActiveX control.

After doing this the error has disappeared and the system get back to
normal state.

Thank you for the help.

Best regards and happy new year!
Fernando.

On Jan 2, 5:34*pm, fpmal...@gmail.com wrote:
> Yes, the first problem was (sorry, it is in Portuguese) this one:
>
> <LOG FRAGMENT BEGIN>
>
> Erro 02/01/2008 08:15:53 Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem * 4609 * Sistema
> de eventos * * *O Sistema de Eventos COM+ detectou um código de retorno
> incorreto durante o processamento interno. HRESULT era 8007043c da
> linha 45 de d:\longhorn_rc0\com\complus\src\events
> \tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Contate o Atendimento Microsoft para
> relatar este erro.
>
> <LOG FRAGMENT END>
>
> It seems a problem inside COM+ code 4609.
> It shows a problem at line 45 inside C++ file d:\longhorn_rc0\com
> \complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp returning HRESULT =
> 8007043c. Seems to be something old once the path is longhorn_rc0
> based...
>
> No idea what it means...
>
> Thanks again.
>
> After this event there is a huge list of errors.
>
> On Jan 2, 5:00*pm, "David B." <nom...@nomail.com> wrote:
>

> > Ahh, I missed that, anything in event log referencing the problem?

> > --

> > ----
> > Crosspost, do not multiposthttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> > How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > __________________________________________________ _________________________**______

> > <fpmal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,

> > My installation is a clean one.
> > Both Notebooks came with Vista Home but I have formatted and installed
> > a clean legal MSDN copy of Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Next I have
> > performed all Microsoft updates and both have been working just fine
> > since April. The first Notebook problem was about December 20th and
> > the other one today.

> > I have also used MSCONFIG in a sort of combination you can't
> > imagine...

> > Thanks for the tip.

> > On Jan 2, 4:33 pm, "David B." <nom...@nomail.com> wrote:

> > > I would start by disabling all the Toshiba specific
> > > tools/utilities/drivers
> > > using msconfig and reboot.

> > > --

> > > ----
> > > Crosspost, do not multiposthttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> > > How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > > __________________________________________________ _________________________***______

David B.

Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute.
Glad you got it solved cause I can't read Portuguese

--

----

> [...]

> > How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > __________________________________________________ _________________________**______

> > <fpmal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,

> > My installation is a clean one.
> > Both Notebooks came with Vista Home but I have formatted and installed
> > a clean legal MSDN copy of Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Next I have
> > performed all Microsoft updates and both have been working just fine
> > since April. The first Notebook problem was about December 20th and
> > the other one today.

> > I have also used MSCONFIG in a sort of combination you can't
> > imagine...

> > Thanks for the tip.

> > On Jan 2, 4:33 pm, "David B." <nom...@nomail.com> wrote:

> > > I would start by disabling all the Toshiba specific

AlexB

Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute.
Just do all your transactions in US dollars, forget the reals

<fpmalard@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi David,

Justin Buser is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute.
Listen man, stop lying and wasting everyones time. Buy vista and install the updates and you shouldn't have any more problems. Alternatively if you are going to run illegal software (yes rc0 is technically illegal to run) at least download something from after they stopped calling it longhorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Ahh, I missed that, anything in event log referencing the problem?

--

----
Crosspost, do not multipost Multiposting vs Crossposting
How to ask a question How to ask a question

<fpmalard@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,

My installation is a clean one.
Both Notebooks came with Vista Home but I have formatted and installed
a clean legal MSDN copy of Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Next I have
performed all Microsoft updates and both have been working just fine
since April. The first Notebook problem was about December 20th and
the other one today.

I have also used MSCONFIG in a sort of combination you can't
imagine...

Thanks for the tip.

On Jan 2, 4:33 pm, "David B." <nom...@nomail.com> wrote:
> I would start by disabling all the Toshiba specific
> tools/utilities/drivers
> using msconfig and reboot.
>
> --
>
> ----
> Crosspost, do not multiposthttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> __________________________________________________ _________________________*______
>
> <fpmal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,

> > I'm facing the same problem with two of my Toshiba laptops running
> > Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

> > Both are running fine since April, 2007 with all Microsoft updates.

> > The first one, a Toshiba A135-S4477 suddenly start to present this
> > error message.

> > I have tried almost anything you can imagine. Things such as:

> > - Performed a System Restore;
> > - Scanned my computer with almost all antivirus, antispyware,
> > antianything you may know (nothing found);
> > - Performed a chkdsk with bad sector seek (no errors found);
> > - Unistalled all recent software and updates from Microsoft;
> > - Tried two Hotfix from Microsoft (no effect);
> > - Tried Vista SP1 Release Candidate;
> > - Tried to disable all non-Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
> > - Tried to disable all Microsoft services through MSCONFIG;
> > - As soon as I reboot the system it shows the critical error message,
> > wait for 1 minute and restart;
> > - Format my C: drive and fully resintalled Vista. It have worked fine
> > for 2 or 3 days and the problem get back!

> > As my last resort I send my Notebook back to Toshiba.

> > Well, today, back to the office...brand new year...good mood...

> > My employee turned on its Notebook (also a Toshiba, but model A205-
> > S4797) and....guess what??? SAME PROBLEM!

> > Note: We have some Vaio Notebooks at our company all running Vista
> > Ultimate without showing this bizzarre problem.

> > We have contacted Microsoft today and they told us to try the same
> > possible workaround we have tried.

> > The strange aspect is that the system always load in Safe Mode and if
> > you reinstall the system it works fine for a couple of days...go
> > figure...

> > Any huch (as much crazy it could be) will be appreciated!

> > Best regards,
> > Fernando.- Hide quoted text -

Richard G. Harper

Re: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restartautomatically in one minute.
Dude, why are you replying to a message that's more than a year old?

Oh, newsgroup slurp. Never mind.

"Justin Buser" <Justin.Buser.3iq782@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:Justin.Buser.3iq782@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...