HP Health Check

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?amtoYXRoYXdheQ==?=

HP Health Check
In the HP total health care page it says that I need to install HP health
check. When I click on it I am not directed to a site listing anything about
HP health check......I am so confused. However I continue to have a warning
that it needs to be installed.
Malke

Re: HP Health Check
jkhathaway wrote:
> In the HP total health care page it says that I need to install HP health
> check. When I click on it I am not directed to a site listing anything about
> HP health check......I am so confused. However I continue to have a warning
> that it needs to be installed.

This is an HP suite of programs preinstalled by them on new HP
computers. I've seen it on three new client laptops. You need to contact
HP for support with their programs - this is not a Vista issue. That
said, I don't recommend having OEM programs like that running resident
anyway.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
ykw

Re: HP Health Check
> jkhathaway wrote:
>> In the HP total health care page it says that I need to install HP health
>> check. When I click on it I am not directed to a site listing anything
>> about HP health check......I am so confused. However I continue to have
>> a warning that it needs to be installed.

> This is an HP suite of programs preinstalled by them on new HP computers.
> I've seen it on three new client laptops. You need to contact HP for
> support with their programs - this is not a Vista issue. That said, I
> don't recommend having OEM programs like that running resident anyway.

Doesn't seem to be universally "pre-installed". In fact, a recent WASHINGTON
POST article suggested that the software in question won't be ready for
Vista systems until at least the end of this month or the beginning of the
next:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...801892_pf.html

"A system-maintenance screen told me to download an HP Health Check program,
but it's still not ready a month after the TouchSmart shipped -- and won't
be for another four weeks."

emichael is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hp health check
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?amtoYXRoYXdheQ==?= View Post
In the HP total health care page it says that I need to install HP health
check. When I click on it I am not directed to a site listing anything about
HP health check......I am so confused. However I continue to have a warning
that it needs to be installed.
very simple to fix. if you know someone that has it installed tell them to go to start/computor/drive c/program files/hewlett-packard/hp advisor/copy the file and then you would copy and paste in the same location/then go back and open hp advisor in the same place on your computor .once it is opened it will work/ make a shorcut ot pin it to the task bar or start menu. i hope this helps as it does work as for where you can get the file if your buddy does not have it i dont know as a full system recovery has it if it came with it.i will not give anyone the file as i think it is copyrighted
floorcovering

RE: HP Health Check