scannow

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

PAUL&GINA

scannow
Trying to sfc in admin mode but i keep on getting windows resource
protection could not perform the requested operation
any help please
paul

brink

Re: scannow

PAUL&GINA;557408 Wrote:
> Trying to sfc in admin mode but i keep on getting windows resource
> protection could not perform the requested operation
> any help please
> paul

Hi Paul,

You need to run it in a elevated command prompt. (Run as Administrator)
This tutorial will help help you with it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...tem-files.html

Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: scannow
Have you tried running SFC in safe mode? Restart your Computer, tap F8 until
the startup options appear, select Safe Mode.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"PAUL&GINA" <P_SKINNER@nobody.com> wrote in message
> Trying to sfc in admin mode but i keep on getting windows resource
> protection could not perform the requested operation
> any help please
> paul

groucho

Re: scannow
The problem is in your primary hard disk drive partition (usually C and the
solution is to check this partition for errors: open Computer, right-click on
this partition (local disk), click Properties, click the Tools tab, click
Check Now, schedule a disk check for the next time your computer starts,
restart your computer and let CHKDSK run its course. After your computer
retstarts you should have no problem running SFC /SCANNOW succesfully.

"brink" wrote:

> PAUL&GINA;557408 Wrote:
> > Trying to sfc in admin mode but i keep on getting windows resource
> > protection could not perform the requested operation
> > any help please
> > paul

> Hi Paul,
>
> You need to run it in a elevated command prompt. (Run as Administrator)
> This tutorial will help help you with it.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...tem-files.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

StupidUser is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: scannow
I have the same issue, but neither of these solutions has worked. I have run chkdsk and done this in Safe Mode.

I have Vista x64 Ultimate. I tried to run:

sfc /scanfile="C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\settings.ini"

I got the following output:

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

Quote:
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar>sfc /scanfile=settings.ini

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groucho View Post