Can't find Search in Start Menu

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

bassam

Can't find Search in Start Menu
Can't find Search in Start Menu .... even in customize under start menu
sinovera

RE: Can't find Search in Start Menu
it should be at the very bottom of the start menu....right above the start
button. That's where it's supposed to be anyways.

"bassam" wrote:

> Can't find Search in Start Menu .... even in customize under start menu

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Can't find Search in Start Menu
If you are running Windows Vista SP1 beta, the Search link on the Start menu
has been removed. If you are not, then it has somehow been unchecked, right
click Taskbar > click Properties > Start Menu (tab) > Customize > scroll
down and make sure the 'Search' option is checked.

Also note that the Search field is not available if you have the Windows
Classic Start menu enabled.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"bassam" <bassam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can't find Search in Start Menu .... even in customize under start menu

bassam

Re: Can't find Search in Start Menu
yes iam running Windows Vista SP1

so now i can't display the search in my start menu ?

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:

> If you are running Windows Vista SP1 beta, the Search link on the Start menu
> has been removed. If you are not, then it has somehow been unchecked, right
> click Taskbar > click Properties > Start Menu (tab) > Customize > scroll
> down and make sure the 'Search' option is checked.
>
> Also note that the Search field is not available if you have the Windows
> Classic Start menu enabled.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "bassam" <bassam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can't find Search in Start Menu .... even in customize under start menu

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Can't find Search in Start Menu
Yes, the Search link on Start menu has been removed.

Brandon Leblanc over at the Windows Vista Experience Blog explains why:

Quote:
"Microsoft has recently published a KB article outlining changes to Windows
Vista's desktop search in SP1 but I'd like to elaborate a little bit based
on my own experience with the changes. Windows Vista SP1 allows the user to
change their default desktop search provider from the built-in Windows
Desktop Search that ships with Windows Vista to another 3rd party desktop
search provider. As noted above, the Search option has been removed from the
right side of the Start menu. Users will also notice "See all results" has
disappeared when doing a search via the Start menu. Instead, you will see
"Search Everywhere". Search Everywhere will launch whatever is the user's
default desktop search program. In Windows Explorer, users will also see a
"Search Everywhere" option in the toolbar as well."

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941946
--
> yes iam running Windows Vista SP1
>
> so now i can't display the search in my start menu ?
>

> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:
>
>> If you are running Windows Vista SP1 beta, the Search link on the Start
>> menu
>> has been removed. If you are not, then it has somehow been unchecked,
>> right
>> click Taskbar > click Properties > Start Menu (tab) > Customize > scroll
>> down and make sure the 'Search' option is checked.
>>
>> Also note that the Search field is not available if you have the Windows
>> Classic Start menu enabled.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
>> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
>> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
>> "bassam" <bassam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can't find Search in Start Menu .... even in customize under start menu

brink

bassam;553599 Wrote:
> yes iam running Windows Vista SP1
>
> so now i can't display the search in my start menu ?
>

> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:
> > > >
> > > If you are running Windows Vista SP1 beta, the Search link on the

> > Start menu
> > > has been removed. If you are not, then it has somehow been unchecked,

> > right
> > > click Taskbar > click Properties > Start Menu (tab) > Customize >

> > scroll
> > > down and make sure the 'Search' option is checked.
> > >
> > > Also note that the Search field is not available if you have the

> > Windows
> > > Classic Start menu enabled.
> > > --
> > > Andre
> > > Blog: 'Teching It Easy: Windows Vista'

> > (http://adacosta.spaces.live.com)
> > > My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> > > 'Teching It Easy: Windows Vista: Windows Vista RTM FAQ and

> > Quick Start Guide.'
> > (http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry)
> > > "bassam" <bassam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > news:C83E347D-CAC2-4610-83ED-BA25E376299A@xxxxxx> > > > >
> > > menu> > > >

Hi Bassam,

Sorry no. This is the result from the lawsuit by Google vs Microsoft.
You can still get search results when you type in the White Line area of
the Start Menu. You can open a Advanced Search window by pressing the
Windows Key+F.

Shawn

--
brink

VISTA FORUMS (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")
*Please post feedback to help others.*
bassam

Re: Can't find Search in Start Menu
thx alot guys
jd\

RE: Can't find Search in Start Menu
I cannot find anything, it keeeps asking me for a product key for windows 7,
which I do not have. Now I havve nothing at all.???