ehthumbs_vista.db

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Bob

ehthumbs_vista.db
This recently appeared on my desktop.

What is it?

AJR

Re: ehthumbs_vista.db
It is the "storage" site for Media Center thumbnails.

Is it pale or washed out? If so it is normally a hidden file - you have the
folder options view set to show hidden files.

"Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:g5adnc99Jos4i_DanZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> This recently appeared on my desktop.
>
> What is it?

Bob

Re: ehthumbs_vista.db
It's not pale or washed out. My folder options are checked to not show
hidden files. Any other thoughts?

"AJR" <ajrjdr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> It is the "storage" site for Media Center thumbnails.
>
> Is it pale or washed out? If so it is normally a hidden file - you have
> the folder options view set to show hidden files.
>
> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:g5adnc99Jos4i_DanZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>> This recently appeared on my desktop.
>>
>> What is it?

bomb#20

Re: ehthumbs_vista.db
Bob wrote:
> It's not pale or washed out. My folder options are checked to not show
> hidden files. Any other thoughts?

Try typing ' ethumbs_vista.db ' into Google.
I get over 300 hits, you should find enough info there.
..

bomb#20

Re: ehthumbs_vista.db
bomb#20 wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>> It's not pale or washed out. My folder options are checked to not
>> show hidden files. Any other thoughts?
>>

> Try typing ' ethumbs_vista.db ' into Google.
> I get over 300 hits, you should find enough info there.

Oops! Obviously that should be ' ehthumbs_vista.db '
..

Bob

Re: ehthumbs_vista.db
I Googled it before I posted. Nothing tells me why it mysteriously appeared
on my desktop.

"bomb#20" <darkstar@home> wrote in message
> Bob wrote:
>> It's not pale or washed out. My folder options are checked to not show
>> hidden files. Any other thoughts?
>>

> Try typing ' ethumbs_vista.db ' into Google.
> I get over 300 hits, you should find enough info there.
> .

bomb#20

Re: ehthumbs_vista.db
Bob wrote:
> I Googled it before I posted. Nothing tells me why it mysteriously
> appeared on my desktop.

Well, just browsing a few of the Google results I see that it's
mentioned a lot on Torrent-type sites. Like this one for example:

http://www.mininova.org/det/846130

Have you downloaded anything
like that to your desktop?
..

dzomlija

Re: ehthumbs_vista.db

As mentioned in previous posts, "ehthumbs_vista.db" is the storage point
for Media Center thumbnails.

It should normally be a hidden file, and is usually located in the same
folder as the media being played. Chances are you had a media file of
sorts on your desktop, and played that file with Media Center.

It is safe to delete the file, because it has no functional bearings or
attachments to Media center other than providing a central location for
thumbnail storage.

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? -And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn-...

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- 128MB ASUS nVidia 6600 PCI-Express
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007See my rig at:
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...zomlija/Venus/

My Weblog:
'http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/' (http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/)
Bob

Re: ehthumbs_vista.db
Thank you for the well informed and well explained answer.