0xc0000225

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Robocz033

0xc0000225
I bought a computer with Windows Vista installed on it, and i decided to
install XP on it as well. I have been running XP and Vista fine for some
time, but randomly i get an error when i try to boot into Vista. I think i
may know what caused it, but i am not positive. I was adjusting my partitions
and adding more space to my Vista partition when a dialouge box popped up
saying there were some problems with the tables in the G: (Vista) partition.
So thinking that there was something wrong, i told it to fix them. Well,
after that, i couldnt boot into vista.

When i try to boot into Vista, i get a screen saying:
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is
missing or corrupt."

The problem with the first part is i dont have the disc, which eliminates
that way to fix it. And the problem with the second part is my computer
manufacturer not going to help me because i bought the computer off of ebay
and i dont have a warranty on it anymore.

So im not exactly sure what i can do....i have a backup of my files on my
external hard drive, but not my programs, which would be a hassel to
reinstall and download. I am also thinking of just ditching XP because i
almost never use it, but that doesnt effect anything. Im stuck.
MICHAEL

Re: 0xc0000225
"Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I bought a computer with Windows Vista installed on it, and i decided to
> install XP on it as well. I have been running XP and Vista fine for some
> time, but randomly i get an error when i try to boot into Vista. I think i
> may know what caused it, but i am not positive. I was adjusting my partitions
> and adding more space to my Vista partition when a dialouge box popped up
> saying there were some problems with the tables in the G: (Vista) partition.
> So thinking that there was something wrong, i told it to fix them. Well,
> after that, i couldnt boot into vista.
>
> When i try to boot into Vista, i get a screen saying:
> "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
> cause. To fix the problem:
>
> 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
> 2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
> 3. Click "Repair your computer."
>
> If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
> manufacturer for assistance.
>
> File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

> Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is
> missing or corrupt."

This can be installed on XP, too.
It should fix your boot problem,
and it's a free program.

http://www.vistabootpro.org/
VistaBootPRO 3.3

-Michael

Robocz033

Re: 0xc0000225
I'm not sure how that is supposed to fix my problem. I can't boot vista
because i get an error (0xc0000225) which i believe was caused when i was
resizing partitions. And now it cant find winload.exe because i believe the
partition tables are messed up. If that can help me, could you tell me what
to do?

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> "Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I bought a computer with Windows Vista installed on it, and i decided to
> > install XP on it as well. I have been running XP and Vista fine for some
> > time, but randomly i get an error when i try to boot into Vista. I think i
> > may know what caused it, but i am not positive. I was adjusting my partitions
> > and adding more space to my Vista partition when a dialouge box popped up
> > saying there were some problems with the tables in the G: (Vista) partition.
> > So thinking that there was something wrong, i told it to fix them. Well,
> > after that, i couldnt boot into vista.
> >
> > When i try to boot into Vista, i get a screen saying:
> > "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
> > cause. To fix the problem:
> >
> > 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
> > 2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
> > 3. Click "Repair your computer."
> >
> > If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
> > manufacturer for assistance.
> >
> > File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

> > Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is
> > missing or corrupt."

> This can be installed on XP, too.
> It should fix your boot problem,
> and it's a free program.
>
> http://www.vistabootpro.org/
> VistaBootPRO 3.3
>

> -Michael

MICHAEL

Re: 0xc0000225
You are dual-booting? XP and Vista?

If yes, install the program on XP.

After installing the software, run it and look
for "System Bootloader".
Screenshot;
http://www.pronetworks.org/forum/alb... 2fd5ca7315a8

Click "Install Bootloader".

-Michael

> I'm not sure how that is supposed to fix my problem. I can't boot vista
> because i get an error (0xc0000225) which i believe was caused when i was
> resizing partitions. And now it cant find winload.exe because i believe the
> partition tables are messed up. If that can help me, could you tell me what
> to do?
>
> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
>> "Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I bought a computer with Windows Vista installed on it, and i decided to
>> > install XP on it as well. I have been running XP and Vista fine for some
>> > time, but randomly i get an error when i try to boot into Vista. I think i
>> > may know what caused it, but i am not positive. I was adjusting my partitions
>> > and adding more space to my Vista partition when a dialouge box popped up
>> > saying there were some problems with the tables in the G: (Vista) partition.
>> > So thinking that there was something wrong, i told it to fix them. Well,
>> > after that, i couldnt boot into vista.
>> >
>> > When i try to boot into Vista, i get a screen saying:
>> > "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
>> > cause. To fix the problem:
>> >
>> > 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
>> > 2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
>> > 3. Click "Repair your computer."
>> >
>> > If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
>> > manufacturer for assistance.
>> >
>> > File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

>> > Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is
>> > missing or corrupt."

>> This can be installed on XP, too.
>> It should fix your boot problem,
>> and it's a free program.
>>
>> http://www.vistabootpro.org/
>> VistaBootPRO 3.3
>>

>> -Michael

Robocz033

Re: 0xc0000225
Yes, i am dual booting XP and Vista. I installed it on XP, and did what you
said, but i think you misunderstood my problem. I can get to the bootloader
fine, but there is something wrong with my partition. I was in Norton
partition magic and a box popped up saying that some tables were corrupt in
my vista partition, so i had it fix them, then after that, i couldnt boot
into vista. I can boot into XP fine, and i have the choice for vista, but it
fails to start. So im not exactly sure how installing the boot loader will
fix it, seeing as it is already installed.

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> You are dual-booting? XP and Vista?
>
> If yes, install the program on XP.
>
> After installing the software, run it and look
> for "System Bootloader".
> Screenshot;
> http://www.pronetworks.org/forum/alb... 2fd5ca7315a8
>
> Click "Install Bootloader".
>

> -Michael
>
> "Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure how that is supposed to fix my problem. I can't boot vista
> > because i get an error (0xc0000225) which i believe was caused when i was
> > resizing partitions. And now it cant find winload.exe because i believe the
> > partition tables are messed up. If that can help me, could you tell me what
> > to do?
> >
> > "MICHAEL" wrote:
> >
> >> "Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> This can be installed on XP, too.
> >> It should fix your boot problem,
> >> and it's a free program.
> >>
> >> http://www.vistabootpro.org/
> >> VistaBootPRO 3.3
> >>

> >> -Michael

MICHAEL

Re: 0xc0000225
Sorry, I don't know what to suggest. You did, at least,
do what I asked? Humor me, please.

I don't believe Norton Partition Magic is compatible with
Vista and its slightly different NTFS. Stop using it.

Your only option is to reinstall Vista, but you don't
have a disk. What version of Vista is installed? If it's
Business or Ultimate- did you ever do a CompletePC Backup?

-Michael

> Yes, i am dual booting XP and Vista. I installed it on XP, and did what you
> said, but i think you misunderstood my problem. I can get to the bootloader
> fine, but there is something wrong with my partition. I was in Norton
> partition magic and a box popped up saying that some tables were corrupt in
> my vista partition, so i had it fix them, then after that, i couldnt boot
> into vista. I can boot into XP fine, and i have the choice for vista, but it
> fails to start. So im not exactly sure how installing the boot loader will
> fix it, seeing as it is already installed.
>
> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
>> You are dual-booting? XP and Vista?
>>
>> If yes, install the program on XP.
>>
>> After installing the software, run it and look
>> for "System Bootloader".
>> Screenshot;
>> http://www.pronetworks.org/forum/alb... 2fd5ca7315a8
>>
>> Click "Install Bootloader".
>>

>> -Michael
>>
>> "Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm not sure how that is supposed to fix my problem. I can't boot vista
>> > because i get an error (0xc0000225) which i believe was caused when i was
>> > resizing partitions. And now it cant find winload.exe because i believe the
>> > partition tables are messed up. If that can help me, could you tell me what
>> > to do?

Robocz033

Re: 0xc0000225
I did do what you suggested, just in case it would fix it, but i did not. I
used norton partition magic to make the partition in the first place, then
vista did the rest. I do have Ultimate, but i didnt do the backup, however, i
do have a backup from Norton 360 so that might help a bit.

Thanks for your input however. Hopefully there is some fix, otherwise i will
have to go out and buy Ultimate, which would not be fun.

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> Sorry, I don't know what to suggest. You did, at least,
> do what I asked? Humor me, please.
>
> I don't believe Norton Partition Magic is compatible with
> Vista and its slightly different NTFS. Stop using it.
>
> Your only option is to reinstall Vista, but you don't
> have a disk. What version of Vista is installed? If it's
> Business or Ultimate- did you ever do a CompletePC Backup?
>

> -Michael
>
> "Robocz033" <Robocz033@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, i am dual booting XP and Vista. I installed it on XP, and did what you
> > said, but i think you misunderstood my problem. I can get to the bootloader
> > fine, but there is something wrong with my partition. I was in Norton
> > partition magic and a box popped up saying that some tables were corrupt in
> > my vista partition, so i had it fix them, then after that, i couldnt boot
> > into vista. I can boot into XP fine, and i have the choice for vista, but it
> > fails to start. So im not exactly sure how installing the boot loader will
> > fix it, seeing as it is already installed.
> >
> > "MICHAEL" wrote:
> >
> >> You are dual-booting? XP and Vista?
> >>
> >> If yes, install the program on XP.
> >>
> >> After installing the software, run it and look
> >> for "System Bootloader".
> >> Screenshot;
> >> http://www.pronetworks.org/forum/alb... 2fd5ca7315a8
> >>
> >> Click "Install Bootloader".
> >>

> >> -Michael

NoStop

Re: 0xc0000225
Robocz033 wrote:

> I did do what you suggested, just in case it would fix it, but i did not.
> I used norton partition magic to make the partition in the first place,
> then vista did the rest. I do have Ultimate, but i didnt do the backup,
> however, i do have a backup from Norton 360 so that might help a bit.
>
> Thanks for your input however. Hopefully there is some fix, otherwise i
> will have to go out and buy Ultimate, which would not be fun.

No it wouldn't be fun. The only people that would find such a waste of money
fun, are people like Frank, Andre Da Costa-ya Alot, Bill Yawner, HeyBub,
Jupiter "the Mouth" Jones and other Fista fanboys.

Cheers.

--
An HONEST Vista Ad:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bzt4wDiVY9E

The Rolling Stones Love Vista:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kql8cWqiv8

Frank - seek help immediately! Visit ...
http://www.binsa.org/

hitu is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 0xc0000225
Enable "IO APIC" from your Bios and then re-run the setup.

Regards,
Hitesh Dhruna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStop View Post
Robocz033 wrote:

> I did do what you suggested, just in case it would fix it, but i did not.
> I used norton partition magic to make the partition in the first place,
> then vista did the rest. I do have Ultimate, but i didnt do the backup,
> however, i do have a backup from Norton 360 so that might help a bit.
>
> Thanks for your input however. Hopefully there is some fix, otherwise i
> will have to go out and buy Ultimate, which would not be fun.

No it wouldn't be fun. The only people that would find such a waste of money
fun, are people like Frank, Andre Da Costa-ya Alot, Bill Yawner, HeyBub,
Jupiter "the Mouth" Jones and other Fista fanboys.

Cheers.

--
An HONEST Vista Ad:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bzt4wDiVY9E

The Rolling Stones Love Vista:
YouTube - WINDOWS VISTA SUCKS! OMFG!

Frank - seek help immediately! Visit ...
The Brain Injury Network of SA Inc.

Screaming Bob is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 0xc0000225
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitu View Post
Enable "IO APIC" from your Bios and then re-run the setup.

Regards,
Hitesh Dhruna
Hi

I'm having the same problem. I've promised a friend I'd have a look at her malfunctioning laptop, safely assuming that there were just a few viruses on it because she didn't know what AVG was. I have it here now and it has no CD drive. It's a Dell D400 and the same error is coming up:

File: \Windows\System32\Driver\oyglcqra.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

At the top of the page it's talking about hardware or software change, but my friend assures that she hasn't done anything (and neither do I think she would be able to).

I'm outta my league here. I would simply re-format but can't because of no disk drive, I cannot run any error correcting programs or downloads because I cannot get into Vista, and I cannot find APIC options on the setup. Any suggestions?

Thanks