My computer locks up

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

NOGOGLO

My computer locks up
Recently, like for the last 2 to 3 days my computer locks up whenever I leave
it running for 10 to 20 minutes and I am not around it,, when I come back the
mouse is locked in place and the screensaver is frozen in place.
I have to do a manual shut down and restart to get back to work,
This is very anoying and I wonder what causes it to freeze like this.
The computer is a HP dv6235ca running on Vista Home premium.
I would appreciate any help on this one
Thanks in advance
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: My computer locks up
Have you ran an AntiVirus and AntiSpyware scan? Have you recently installed
any software or devices that might be triggering this problem? Have you
updated your video driver? Click Start > All Programs > Maintenance >
Problem Reports and Solutions > View Problem History > check for any device
or application errors that could be possibly related. You can check the
Event Viewer to see if there are any related error messages that might help
better diagnose what could be causing this problem.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"NOGOGLO" <NOGOGLO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently, like for the last 2 to 3 days my computer locks up whenever I
> leave
> it running for 10 to 20 minutes and I am not around it,, when I come back
> the
> mouse is locked in place and the screensaver is frozen in place.
> I have to do a manual shut down and restart to get back to work,
> This is very anoying and I wonder what causes it to freeze like this.
> The computer is a HP dv6235ca running on Vista Home premium.
> I would appreciate any help on this one
> Thanks in advance

NOGOGLO

Re: My computer locks up
Recently I had to re-install AOL vr because I was having problems starting it
and I notice errors on the same date because I had to make a few attempts at
downloading it as it was locking.
I tried the solutions option you suggested but the answer is "there is no
solution to this problem at this time."
Anything else I could try like remove Aol from my computer and
re-install...I'm not sure how I can do this??

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:

> Have you ran an AntiVirus and AntiSpyware scan? Have you recently installed
> any software or devices that might be triggering this problem? Have you
> updated your video driver? Click Start > All Programs > Maintenance >
> Problem Reports and Solutions > View Problem History > check for any device
> or application errors that could be possibly related. You can check the
> Event Viewer to see if there are any related error messages that might help
> better diagnose what could be causing this problem.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "NOGOGLO" <NOGOGLO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recently, like for the last 2 to 3 days my computer locks up whenever I
> > leave
> > it running for 10 to 20 minutes and I am not around it,, when I come back
> > the
> > mouse is locked in place and the screensaver is frozen in place.
> > I have to do a manual shut down and restart to get back to work,
> > This is very anoying and I wonder what causes it to freeze like this.
> > The computer is a HP dv6235ca running on Vista Home premium.
> > I would appreciate any help on this one
> > Thanks in advance

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: My computer locks up
Its worth a try removing AOL, can't hurt.
--
> Recently I had to re-install AOL vr because I was having problems starting
> it
> and I notice errors on the same date because I had to make a few attempts
> at
> downloading it as it was locking.
> I tried the solutions option you suggested but the answer is "there is no
> solution to this problem at this time."
> Anything else I could try like remove Aol from my computer and
> re-install...I'm not sure how I can do this??
>
> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:
>
>> Have you ran an AntiVirus and AntiSpyware scan? Have you recently
>> installed
>> any software or devices that might be triggering this problem? Have you
>> updated your video driver? Click Start > All Programs > Maintenance >
>> Problem Reports and Solutions > View Problem History > check for any
>> device
>> or application errors that could be possibly related. You can check the
>> Event Viewer to see if there are any related error messages that might
>> help
>> better diagnose what could be causing this problem.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
>> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
>> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
>> "NOGOGLO" <NOGOGLO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Recently, like for the last 2 to 3 days my computer locks up whenever I
>> > leave
>> > it running for 10 to 20 minutes and I am not around it,, when I come
>> > back
>> > the
>> > mouse is locked in place and the screensaver is frozen in place.
>> > I have to do a manual shut down and restart to get back to work,
>> > This is very anoying and I wonder what causes it to freeze like this.
>> > The computer is a HP dv6235ca running on Vista Home premium.
>> > I would appreciate any help on this one
>> > Thanks in advance

NOGOGLO

Re: My computer locks up
Andre, When I try to remave Aol through add/remove programs, it always leave
something somewhere about Aol.
Is there a way to remove everything that as to do with Aol using another
method?