Blue screen fix

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Renee'

Blue screen fix
I was getting the "blue screen of Death" several times a day. I went in and
took out all the Microsoft updates that I had put on since the the first
blue screen happened. I haven't had the blue screen since.

Just so you all know, I hate Vista with a purple flying *******g passion. I
don't have the time to try and figure out compatability issues. I am a
photographer not an IT tech. They should never have released Vista yet.
Too many bugs and issues that need to be fixed, or patched or whatever,
before it ever hit the public. It was such a pain to get set up to run the
programs that I need to run. Unless I want to start all over, set up
another computer, waste more time and buy a copy of XP, I'm stuck.

Rick Rogers

Re: Blue screen fix
Hi Renee,

Sounds like an incompatibility between and update and some software on your
system, possibly a driver. For your information to be useful, knowing which
updates were removed and what the details of the error messages were are
critical. As well some system configuration information and details from the
event viewer would help.

Xp, like other Win OS's, was similarly unstable when released. So have been
many iterations of Linux, it's the nature of the beast. Service Packs will
improve stability, but the majority of early issues arise from running
incompatible software, installing on low spec hardware, using unsigned
drivers, and attaching unsupported peripherals.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org