What is IUSR_NMPR

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Zeena

What is IUSR_NMPR
Hi

Please can someone explain to me, in an easy to understand way...

What is IUSR_NMPR

Yesterday I was trying to move a picture from my user account, into
my sons user account.

With XP this was something I found easy )
But with Vista... I couldn't work it out (
In the end, I decided to get it to his side by using - Share
After about half an hour of debating - Should I use the public folder or the
Share button.... I used the Share Button.

That's when I got a shock!

I clicked on the drop down list to pick a user to share with.
But instead of seeing just mine and my sons name. It said...

My Name
IUSR_NMPR
My Sons Name

It really scared me!

I have googled IUSR_NMPR
But the only bits of information I have found about IUSR_NMPR...
Have so far been confusing
Conflicting views (e.g. One says one thing - One says another)
Not Definite! (I need to know for sure what IUSR_NMPR is)

So can someone plaease tell me....

What is IUSR_NMPR ?
And.... Is it normal to have it on a Vista Computer?

Thank You!
PNutts

RE: What is IUSR_NMPR
I don't have it on mine, but at
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...-accounts.aspx
the following information was given:

delete user accounts - Ronnie Vernon MVP
10-Aug-07 02:00:42

Bill

I did some research on what you are seeing.

The user "IUSR_NMPR" seems to be associated with a process entitled
mediaserver.exe that uses this account when it is running. This has
something to do with Media Center or possibly the "Intel Viiv" software and
is used to download media content from the internet. This looks legitimate
and this is all I could find.

"Zeena" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please can someone explain to me, in an easy to understand way...
>
> What is IUSR_NMPR
>
> Yesterday I was trying to move a picture from my user account, into
> my sons user account.
>
> With XP this was something I found easy )
> But with Vista... I couldn't work it out (
> In the end, I decided to get it to his side by using - Share
> After about half an hour of debating - Should I use the public folder or the
> Share button.... I used the Share Button.
>
> That's when I got a shock!
>
> I clicked on the drop down list to pick a user to share with.
> But instead of seeing just mine and my sons name. It said...
>
> My Name
> IUSR_NMPR
> My Sons Name
>
> It really scared me!
>
> I have googled IUSR_NMPR
> But the only bits of information I have found about IUSR_NMPR...
> Have so far been confusing
> Conflicting views (e.g. One says one thing - One says another)
> Not Definite! (I need to know for sure what IUSR_NMPR is)
>
> So can someone plaease tell me....
>
> What is IUSR_NMPR ?
> And.... Is it normal to have it on a Vista Computer?
>
> Thank You!

Zeena

RE: What is IUSR_NMPR
Hi PNutts!

Thank's for your help!

I do have Intell Viiv on my PC (Whatever Intell Viiv is ) ?)

But the thing I find strange is....

If having IUSR_NMPR is something normal on some Vista Computers... Then why
is there no proper documentation / information to be found about it.

I was really scared when I found it sitting between mine and my sons name.
I got even more scared when I realised, I could find No Definite Proof of
what it is
(

Anyway... Thank's PNutts