Boot critical file is corrupt

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Bert

Boot critical file is corrupt
Lately, when I boot my computer, it suddenly shut down.

Me problem is:

Root cause:
Bugcheck: c000021a
Parameters = 0x8ae274e8, 0x00000189, 0x0, 0x0.
Boot critical file is corrupt

Repair action: file repair
Result: failed. error code = 0xa
Time taken = 3432 ms

Repair action: System restore
Result action: completed succesfully. Error code = 0x0
Time take = 60497 ms

Now, when the pc 's starting correctly he gives the following:

Problemsignature:
name of event problem: bluescreen
Version of controlsystem: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Landinst - id: 2067

More info
BCCode: c000021a
BCP1: 89C41068
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: C0000001
BCP4: 001003C4
OS version: 6_0_6000
SP: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files who helpes describe the problem:
C:\windows\minidump\mini121707-01.dmp
C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60309-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\WER48F1.tmp version.txt

That's it
I hope somebody or someone is going to help me solve this annoying problem
Thx
swisscanada

RE: Boot critical file is corrupt
I got exactly the same problem, with the same parameters. Checked all the
updates which is done automaticely and still everytime I start the PC it
crshes and shows "fatal error".....etc.
Like you, I hope somebody,somewhere can help us with the
solution...........is this a Vista problem ???
Thanks for replies .

"Bert" wrote:

> Lately, when I boot my computer, it suddenly shut down.
>
> Me problem is:
>
> Root cause:
> Bugcheck: c000021a
> Parameters = 0x8ae274e8, 0x00000189, 0x0, 0x0.
> Boot critical file is corrupt
>
> Repair action: file repair
> Result: failed. error code = 0xa
> Time taken = 3432 ms
>
> Repair action: System restore
> Result action: completed succesfully. Error code = 0x0
> Time take = 60497 ms
>
> Now, when the pc 's starting correctly he gives the following:
>
> Problemsignature:
> name of event problem: bluescreen
> Version of controlsystem: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Landinst - id: 2067
>
> More info
> BCCode: c000021a
> BCP1: 89C41068
> BCP2: 00000000
> BCP3: C0000001
> BCP4: 001003C4
> OS version: 6_0_6000
> SP: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Files who helpes describe the problem:
> C:\windows\minidump\mini121707-01.dmp
> C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60309-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\WER48F1.tmp version.txt
>
> That's it
> I hope somebody or someone is going to help me solve this annoying problem
> Thx

polarbear

RE: Boot critical file is corrupt
Hello,

I have the exact same problem as well. Initially I thought it had something
to do with some USB ports I use for an IR receiver and a wireless keyboard,
because when I unplugged it when the computer was off, and swapped the USB
ports it crashed the next time I wanted to start Vista. However, recently it
sometimes hangs again, without a cause.

Do you guys completely turn of the power? Because it seems when I don't, it
hangs not that often.

Well, I am trying several things to find the cause, but it seems to be a
Vista specific problem.

"swisscanada" wrote:

> I got exactly the same problem, with the same parameters. Checked all the
> updates which is done automaticely and still everytime I start the PC it
> crshes and shows "fatal error".....etc.
> Like you, I hope somebody,somewhere can help us with the
> solution...........is this a Vista problem ???
> Thanks for replies .
>

> "Bert" wrote:
>
> > Lately, when I boot my computer, it suddenly shut down.
> >
> > Me problem is:
> >
> > Root cause:
> > Bugcheck: c000021a
> > Parameters = 0x8ae274e8, 0x00000189, 0x0, 0x0.
> > Boot critical file is corrupt
> >
> > Repair action: file repair
> > Result: failed. error code = 0xa
> > Time taken = 3432 ms
> >
> > Repair action: System restore
> > Result action: completed succesfully. Error code = 0x0
> > Time take = 60497 ms
> >
> > Now, when the pc 's starting correctly he gives the following:
> >
> > Problemsignature:
> > name of event problem: bluescreen
> > Version of controlsystem: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Landinst - id: 2067
> >
> > More info
> > BCCode: c000021a
> > BCP1: 89C41068
> > BCP2: 00000000
> > BCP3: C0000001
> > BCP4: 001003C4
> > OS version: 6_0_6000
> > SP: 0_0
> > Product: 768_1
> >
> > Files who helpes describe the problem:
> > C:\windows\minidump\mini121707-01.dmp
> > C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60309-0.sysdata.xml
> > C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\WER48F1.tmp version.txt
> >
> > That's it
> > I hope somebody or someone is going to help me solve this annoying problem
> > Thx

Bert

RE: Boot critical file is corrupt
Hi there,

I've searched and researched some topics that involves problems with the
bluescreen matter.

Now then, in similar cases (read: not exactly the same parameters), they
advise the people to insert the boot-cd/dvd-rom vista and re-install the
whole nine yards. Maybe this could be a solution. But I think it's specific
vista related.

Now me problem is that I don't have a bootable-cd/dvd-rom with vista on it.
When I bought my pc Vista was already installed on it. So.... I went looking
for other articles in which other people having the same problem. (read:
people who does not have a bootable cd/dvd -rom)

Now I'm still looking for an answer and hoping the service pack of vista is
going to be there soon. (Maybe this will resolves the problem we're having)

Good luck to y'all
Happy holidays and a happy new year

"polarbear" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the exact same problem as well. Initially I thought it had something
> to do with some USB ports I use for an IR receiver and a wireless keyboard,
> because when I unplugged it when the computer was off, and swapped the USB
> ports it crashed the next time I wanted to start Vista. However, recently it
> sometimes hangs again, without a cause.
>
> Do you guys completely turn of the power? Because it seems when I don't, it
> hangs not that often.
>
> Well, I am trying several things to find the cause, but it seems to be a
> Vista specific problem.
>

> "swisscanada" wrote:
>
> > I got exactly the same problem, with the same parameters. Checked all the
> > updates which is done automaticely and still everytime I start the PC it
> > crshes and shows "fatal error".....etc.
> > Like you, I hope somebody,somewhere can help us with the
> > solution...........is this a Vista problem ???
> > Thanks for replies .
> >

> > "Bert" wrote:
> >
> > > Lately, when I boot my computer, it suddenly shut down.
> > >
> > > Me problem is:
> > >
> > > Root cause:
> > > Bugcheck: c000021a
> > > Parameters = 0x8ae274e8, 0x00000189, 0x0, 0x0.
> > > Boot critical file is corrupt
> > >
> > > Repair action: file repair
> > > Result: failed. error code = 0xa
> > > Time taken = 3432 ms
> > >
> > > Repair action: System restore
> > > Result action: completed succesfully. Error code = 0x0
> > > Time take = 60497 ms
> > >
> > > Now, when the pc 's starting correctly he gives the following:
> > >
> > > Problemsignature:
> > > name of event problem: bluescreen
> > > Version of controlsystem: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > > Landinst - id: 2067
> > >
> > > More info
> > > BCCode: c000021a
> > > BCP1: 89C41068
> > > BCP2: 00000000
> > > BCP3: C0000001
> > > BCP4: 001003C4
> > > OS version: 6_0_6000
> > > SP: 0_0
> > > Product: 768_1
> > >
> > > Files who helpes describe the problem:
> > > C:\windows\minidump\mini121707-01.dmp
> > > C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60309-0.sysdata.xml
> > > C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Local\Temp\WER48F1.tmp version.txt
> > >
> > > That's it
> > > I hope somebody or someone is going to help me solve this annoying problem
> > > Thx

swisscanada

RE: Boot critical file is corrupt
Hi Bert +Polarbear

To answer the question: yes, sometimes I shut off the PC (normal shutdown)
and I even tried to keep the Monitor on and start up like this, but almost
every morning I have a crash with the "fatal error...bla bla...message".
My Vista cam e pre-installed too and I researched everywhere for a solution
to this problem and I think it must be MS Vista. I hope somebody from MS will
hear us (read) and help us out. Anyway if any solution is found, please post
it here!!!!
A troublefree New Year to all of you.

"Bert" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've searched and researched some topics that involves problems with the
> bluescreen matter.
>
> Now then, in similar cases (read: not exactly the same parameters), they
> advise the people to insert the boot-cd/dvd-rom vista and re-install the
> whole nine yards. Maybe this could be a solution. But I think it's specific
> vista related.
>
> Now me problem is that I don't have a bootable-cd/dvd-rom with vista on it.
> When I bought my pc Vista was already installed on it. So.... I went looking
> for other articles in which other people having the same problem. (read:
> people who does not have a bootable cd/dvd -rom)
>
> Now I'm still looking for an answer and hoping the service pack of vista is
> going to be there soon. (Maybe this will resolves the problem we're having)
>
> Good luck to y'all
> Happy holidays and a happy new year
>
> "polarbear" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have the exact same problem as well. Initially I thought it had something
> > to do with some USB ports I use for an IR receiver and a wireless keyboard,
> > because when I unplugged it when the computer was off, and swapped the USB
> > ports it crashed the next time I wanted to start Vista. However, recently it
> > sometimes hangs again, without a cause.
> >
> > Do you guys completely turn of the power? Because it seems when I don't, it
> > hangs not that often.
> >
> > Well, I am trying several things to find the cause, but it seems to be a
> > Vista specific problem.
> >

> > "swisscanada" wrote:
> >
> > > I got exactly the same problem, with the same parameters. Checked all the
> > > updates which is done automaticely and still everytime I start the PC it
> > > crshes and shows "fatal error".....etc.
> > > Like you, I hope somebody,somewhere can help us with the
> > > solution...........is this a Vista problem ???
> > > Thanks for replies .

ato_zee@hotmail.com

Re: Boot critical file is corrupt

On 26-Dec-2007, =?Utf-8?B?c3dpc3NjYW5hZGE=?=
<swisscanada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> > Now me problem is that I don't have a bootable-cd/dvd-rom with vista on
> > it.
> > When I bought my pc Vista was already installed on it.

A new PC should come with recovery media, this may be
manufacturer specific, if it was a maufacturers bulk
licence then, with luck, it may think it is still activated.

If it's a s/h PC and it didn't come with recovery media, or
a recovery partition, then the vendor has stuffed you good
and proper.

You will need to buy a retail copy, which will have an
unused and unactivated install key, and all will, at a
price come good again.
s/h copies of Vista have often been installed, activated,
then resold. So you install it, and when you go to
activate it, it says key already in use, and you are stuffed
again.