Re: Start up repair problem
I know it's been ages for you guys but hopefully you see this. I fixed
my issue, which was the same as yours. It just sat at attempting repairs
for hours. What I did though was the following
1. Boot up with Vista install disc
2. Select the necessary options and hit next
3. Hit next again once I had the OS selected
4. Then it went to searching for problems...
5. Then it came up with a box to say Restore or Cancel. (Usually I
would hit restore and it would just say attempting repairs forever)
6. Instead, hit cancel, and it will come up with saying it couldn't fix
7. At the bottom there are 2 options, "View log of diagnostics" or
"View Advanced Options" (hit the second one)
8. This brings up that menu that you should've gotten even if you hit
restore. From here you can choose to either restore, complete pc
Hopefully you can figure out how to get here with these steps and be
able to restore your computer to an earlier time when it worked!
Best of luck!