Monitor flashes 3 times after Resuming Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Vista User

Monitor flashes 3 times after Resuming Vista
Resuming Vista, logging back on again after unlocking the PC, the display
flashes about 3 times.

It is very un-nerving.

Anybody know why/solution?

Beejaysoo

RE: Monitor flashes 3 times after Resuming Vista
I see the same thing...as you say....un-nerving!!!! Any help would be
appreciated.

bj

"Vista User" wrote:

> Resuming Vista, logging back on again after unlocking the PC, the display
> flashes about 3 times.
>
> It is very un-nerving.
>
> Anybody know why/solution?

Dan

lines that flash

i got a un-nerving (5) 1 inch horizonal lines that flash) in the center of
my screen on boot up. it comes in just before the final display screen shows
in the boot up sequence. Black screen then (5) 1 inch horizonal lines that
flash white, then black screen then finally the blue screen. Is this normal?
-Dan

> I see the same thing...as you say....un-nerving!!!! Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> bj
>

> "Vista User" wrote:
>
> > Resuming Vista, logging back on again after unlocking the PC, the display
> > flashes about 3 times.
> >
> > It is very un-nerving.
> >
> > Anybody know why/solution?

Vista User

Re: Monitor flashes 3 times after Resuming Vista
Something I discovered.

Set CompositionPolicy to 0 at the following key:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wind ows\DWM

Also have Composition set to 1 just to be on the safe side.

Windows attempts to invoke Aero, and upon failing it results screen flashing
a number of times after resuming Windows.

"Vista User" <user@host.com> wrote in message
> Resuming Vista, logging back on again after unlocking the PC, the display
> flashes about 3 times.
>
> It is very un-nerving.
>
> Anybody know why/solution?

Beejaysoo

Re: Monitor flashes 3 times after Resuming Vista
I checked those settings in my Registry but they are as you suggested.
Problem of flashing screen still exists.

Thanks... I hope someone can offer further help or if you have other ideas
please let me know..

"Vista User" wrote:

> Something I discovered.
>
> Set CompositionPolicy to 0 at the following key:
>
> Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wind ows\DWM
>
> Also have Composition set to 1 just to be on the safe side.
>
> Windows attempts to invoke Aero, and upon failing it results screen flashing
> a number of times after resuming Windows.
>

> "Vista User" <user@host.com> wrote in message
> > Resuming Vista, logging back on again after unlocking the PC, the display
> > flashes about 3 times.
> >
> > It is very un-nerving.
> >
> > Anybody know why/solution?

Vista User

Re: Monitor flashes 3 times after Resuming Vista
Did you use Window Blinds or try to get Aero to work on your machine? In any
case the registry was fiddled.

Try removing your display adaptor from Device Manager and deleting the
software drivers when Vista prompts you. Restart your PC and reinstall your
drivers fresh.

Be sure the DWM registry keys are as specified below.

"Beejaysoo" <Beejaysoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I checked those settings in my Registry but they are as you suggested.
> Problem of flashing screen still exists.
>
> Thanks... I hope someone can offer further help or if you have other ideas
> please let me know..
>

> "Vista User" wrote:
>
>> Something I discovered.
>>
>> Set CompositionPolicy to 0 at the following key:
>>
>> Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wind ows\DWM
>>
>> Also have Composition set to 1 just to be on the safe side.
>>
>> Windows attempts to invoke Aero, and upon failing it results screen
>> flashing
>> a number of times after resuming Windows.
>>

>> "Vista User" <user@host.com> wrote in message
>> > Resuming Vista, logging back on again after unlocking the PC, the
>> > display
>> > flashes about 3 times.
>> >
>> > It is very un-nerving.
>> >
>> > Anybody know why/solution?

Beejaysoo

Re: Monitor flashes 3 times after Resuming Vista
Hi there and thanks!!!

I sort of did what you suggested, I think. I went into the WDM and there
was an option for Windows to go look for new drivers, which it did...and
installed them automatically. With a restart everything seems to be much
better...ie. no flashing screens on and off.

Thanks again,

bj