Thumbnail file vob windows explorer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Cristian

Thumbnail file vob windows explorer
Hi,
when I go in a folder which contains some file vob (associated with nero
showtime), not all the files show the preview. I don't understand if this is
caused from nero or windows. Can someone help me?

Cristian

Re: Thumbnail file vob windows explorer
I have contacted nero and they told me that the problem is in windows. It
seems me a bug for this reason, I hope somebody, mvp or microsoft, help me
to discover the cause.

"Cristian" <cristian511@hotmail.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
> when I go in a folder which contains some file vob (associated with nero
> showtime), not all the files show the preview. I don't understand if this
> is caused from nero or windows. Can someone help me?

brink

Cristian;548762 Wrote:
> I have contacted nero and they told me that the problem is in windows.
> It
> seems me a bug for this reason, I hope somebody, mvp or microsoft, help
> me
> to discover the cause.
>
> "Cristian" <cristian511@xxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:B55E99F4-8957-452F-92B7-96C3C90F0B56@xxxxxx> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > when I go in a folder which contains some file vob (associated with

> > nero
> > > showtime), not all the files show the preview. I don't understand if

> > this
> > > is caused from nero or windows. Can someone help me? > >

Hi Cristian,

Try clearing the thumbnail cache to reset it. This usually clears up a
thumbnail viewing problem. You can see how to here:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73...ail-cache.html

Shawn

--
brink

*'Vista Forums' (http://www.vistax64.com/)*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Thumbnail file vob windows explorer

What specifically did they say that Windows was doing wrong here? Generally
the filter there pretty clearly owns the preview process. I don't know of
too many other filters who have problems there, so I'm curious as to what
bug they think they've found.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Cristian" <cristian511@hotmail.it> wrote in message
>I have contacted nero and they told me that the problem is in windows. It
>seems me a bug for this reason, I hope somebody, mvp or microsoft, help me
>to discover the cause.
>
> "Cristian" <cristian511@hotmail.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Hi,
>> when I go in a folder which contains some file vob (associated with nero
>> showtime), not all the files show the preview. I don't understand if this
>> is caused from nero or windows. Can someone help me?

Cristian

Re: Thumbnail file vob windows explorer
They told me only that a Windows problem not a bug, I am that I think this
is a bug beacause I don't understand what is the problem.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:u#3aVnnQIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

> What specifically did they say that Windows was doing wrong here?
> Generally the filter there pretty clearly owns the preview process. I
> don't know of too many other filters who have problems there, so I'm
> curious as to what bug they think they've found.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
>
> "Cristian" <cristian511@hotmail.it> wrote in message
>>I have contacted nero and they told me that the problem is in windows. It
>>seems me a bug for this reason, I hope somebody, mvp or microsoft, help me
>>to discover the cause.
>>
>> "Cristian" <cristian511@hotmail.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> Hi,
>>> when I go in a folder which contains some file vob (associated with
>>> nero showtime), not all the files show the preview. I don't understand
>>> if this is caused from nero or windows. Can someone help me?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Thumbnail file vob windows explorer

What specifically did they say Microsoft or Windows was doing wrong here?
Either one of the two sides here is supposedly dropping the ball here, if
they can be specific, that's helpful. If not, I'd send you back there,
since thumbnails are handled by the filter - them in this case. =\

--

> They told me only that a Windows problem not a bug, I am that I think this
> is a bug beacause I don't understand what is the problem.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:u#3aVnnQIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>
>> What specifically did they say that Windows was doing wrong here?
>> Generally the filter there pretty clearly owns the preview process. I
>> don't know of too many other filters who have problems there, so I'm
>> curious as to what bug they think they've found.
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Cristian" <cristian511@hotmail.it> wrote in message
>>>I have contacted nero and they told me that the problem is in windows. It
>>>seems me a bug for this reason, I hope somebody, mvp or microsoft, help
>>>me to discover the cause.

Cristian

Re: Thumbnail file vob windows explorer
Hello,
I send an email to nero for your question and I'm looking forward to the
reply.
But can I ask you how the thumbnail work? I don't know and I don't
understand it yet.

messaggio news:uGLg#K6QIHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Cristian;550809 Wrote:
> Hello,
> I send an email to nero for your question and I'm looking forward to
> the
> reply.
> But can I ask you how the thumbnail work? I don't know and I don't
> understand it yet.

Christian,

This tutorial may help you. Try clearing the thumbnail cache to force
Vista to reload them. It may clear up your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73...ail-cache.html

Shawn

--
brink

VISTA FORUMS X64 (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Cristian

Re: Thumbnail file vob windows explorer
The link doesn't work, anyway I tried to clear the cache several time but
there is always some files which doesn't show the preview.

"brink" <brink.31yd10@no-mx.forums.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Cristian;550809 Wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I send an email to nero for your question and I'm looking forward to
>> the
>> reply.
>> But can I ask you how the thumbnail work? I don't know and I don't
>> understand it yet.
>>

> Christian,
>
> This tutorial may help you. Try clearing the thumbnail cache to force
> Vista to reload them. It may clear up your problem.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73...ail-cache.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> VISTA FORUMS X64 (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")

marty

Re: Thumbnail file vob windows explorer
By the way, the link does work.

I have the same problem, although in my case AVI files don't display
thumbnails. Other files like MPG, WMV, JPG, etc do show thumbnails.

I think this is a problem with Windows Explorer, there are so many other
bugs in Explorer in Vista. I have AVI files set to open in VLC, and even
if I change it to WMP it still does not show a thumbnail.

Any idea? Thanks!