Error Message "File System Error (65535)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Cindy

Error Message "File System Error (65535)
When I try to install a program or open any program, I get this error. Also,
all of my desktop items are missing icons.

This just started after the latest Windows Update download, install, and
reboot.

Any ideas, suggestions?

I'm trying to open msconfig to remove startup items to improve boot speed,
it's very very slow.

Thank you,
Cindy
ri990104

Re: Error Message "File System Error (65535)

me 2 ,sucks... for some of the icons change them to extra large icons it
works some of the time,... if u find anything on fixing it tell me plz

--
ri990104

craigybabes1983 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
error 65535
im having the same bloody problems ive recently recovered my laptop and now no vista programs work and all of the icons have changed. somebody please help me??

aguppie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I, too, am having the same problem where no matter which program I try to run, I receive a message saying System File Error (65535). This started when my computer crashed and Gateway sent me new disks to reinstall Vista and wipe out my hard disk. I am now able to get my computer to run Internet Explorer and I can go to web pages. Any program I try to install gives me the System File Error (65535) message. Gateway says they have to send me a new hard drive to install in my computer. I'm waiting for the hard drive now so I haven't seen the resolution of this problem.

hari181k is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I found a solution
Hi Cindy,

Sounds like you have some corrupt windows files. I think you may also have a black logon screen and problems running programs as an administrator.

To solve this issue, first, boot your computer in Safe Mode. Do this by pressing F8 before the Windows Logo shows up during boot-up. Then, run Command Prompt as an Administrator (found under Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories - right click and select Run as administrator). Then all you have to do is type this:

sfc /scannow
(Space in between sfc and the /)

Then press Enter and the computer will fix itself. This is called the System File Checker Tool and it checks all Windows files for any corrupt or missing ones.

Thats it.
Tell me if it works.
Bye
Hobbes

"hari181k" <hari181k.3e0503@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hi Cindy,
>
> Sounds like you have some corrupt windows files. I think you may also
> have a black logon screen and problems running programs as an
> administrator.
>
> To solve this issue, first, boot your computer in Safe Mode. Do this by
> pressing F8 before the Windows Logo shows up during boot-up. Then, run
> Command Prompt as an Administrator (found under Start Menu > All
> Programs > Accessories - right click and select Run as administrator).
> Then all you have to do is type this:
>
> sfc /scannow
> (Space in between sfc and the /)
>
> Then press Enter and the computer will fix itself. This is called the
> System File Checker Tool and it checks all Windows files for any corrupt
> or missing ones.
>
> Thats it.
> Tell me if it works.
> Bye
>

> --
> hari181k

Another buzzard just flew in

--
Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire

hari181k is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
"hari181k" <hari181k.3e0503@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hi Cindy,
>
> Sounds like you have some corrupt windows files. I think you may also
> have a black logon screen and problems running programs as an
> administrator.
>
> To solve this issue, first, boot your computer in Safe Mode. Do this by
> pressing F8 before the Windows Logo shows up during boot-up. Then, run
> Command Prompt as an Administrator (found under Start Menu > All
> Programs > Accessories - right click and select Run as administrator).
> Then all you have to do is type this:
>
> sfc /scannow
> (Space in between sfc and the /)
>
> Then press Enter and the computer will fix itself. This is called the
> System File Checker Tool and it checks all Windows files for any corrupt
> or missing ones.
>
> Thats it.
> Tell me if it works.
> Bye
>

> --
> hari181k

Another buzzard just flew in

--
Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire
what are you on about?

Hidalgo1990 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Error Message "File System Error (65535)
i have attempted the repair process but it will not complete the scan. The process gets to 52% of the verification phase, then says "Windows Resource Protection could not perf orm the requested operation". Is there anything I can do to fix this?
the wharf rat

Re: Error Message "File System Error (65535)
In article <Hidalgo1990.3rzj82@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com>,
Hidalgo1990 <Hidalgo1990.3rzj82@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>i have attempted the repair process but it will not complete the scan.
>The process gets to 52% of the verification phase, then says "Windows
>Resource Protection could not perf orm the requested operation". Is
>there anything I can do to fix this?

You could try booting to the recovery console and running chkdsk /r

Solus7

Re: Error Message "File System Error (65535)

have a look at this 'windows errors'
(http://unclebob.isgreat.org/tech/win...rror-codes.php)
page they have some solutions for various problems.

--
Solus7