Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Aaron

Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll
When I login after booting, I get these RunDLL errors:

Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll
The Specified module could not be found

and

Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll
The Specified module could not be found

I can't seem to find anywhere to download these dlls, help?

Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
doing anything?

Thanks!
uvbogden

RE: Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll
Are you running McAfee antivirus? If so, your McAfee is corrupted and you
may need to completely uninstall McAfee (not just with Vista uninstaller),
and reinstall it. You can do this with the help of McAfee Removal Tool, or
using a program like Smarty Uninstaller. Details in this tutorial.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87...ram-vista.html

"Aaron" wrote:

> When I login after booting, I get these RunDLL errors:
>
> Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll
> The Specified module could not be found
>
> and
>
> Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll
> The Specified module could not be found
>
> I can't seem to find anywhere to download these dlls, help?
>
> Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
> doing anything?
>
> Thanks!

Steve Campbell

RE: Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll
I've got Vista Ulitmate (32) with 3GB RAM and if you mean 'it runs all the
time at about 40%' then Vista is clearly unhappy with something, as mentiond
by the other reply.

When I'm not asking the system to do anything and no major background
service is updating the internet or whatever mine fluctuates between 1-4%.

Steve

"Aaron" wrote:

Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
doing anything?

MICHAEL

"Steve Campbell" <SteveCampbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got Vista Ulitmate (32) with 3GB RAM and if you mean 'it runs all the
> time at about 40%' then Vista is clearly unhappy with something, as mentiond
> by the other reply.
>
> When I'm not asking the system to do anything and no major background
> service is updating the internet or whatever mine fluctuates between 1-4%.
>
> Steve
>
> "Aaron" wrote:
>
> Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
> doing anything?

Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Yes, Vista consumes more RAM than XP.
However, it does a much better job at managing memory than XP.
More than likely, you'll never come close to actually using 3GB of RAM.

-Michael

MICHAEL

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...ctray.dll.html

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...nvcpl.dll.html

> I can't seem to find anywhere to download these dlls, help?

You probably need to reinstall your Nvidia video drivers.

If that doesn’t help, read through this thread;
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion...hp?t15885.html

> Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
> doing anything?

Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Vista will adjust its memory needs and
program needs rather efficiently.

> Thanks!

-Michael

Steve Campbell

Re: Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll
Yes, as I found out - the expensive way. I bought 4GB (before I'd heard of
the 32 bit OS limitations) and found I only had 3009MB in use. Removed one
chip and am still left with 3009MB. Part of the problem is my 640MB graphics
card, all other RAM coming off the total that the OS can use. Vista sees the
same as the mobo.

Steve

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> "Steve Campbell" <SteveCampbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've got Vista Ulitmate (32) with 3GB RAM and if you mean 'it runs all the
> > time at about 40%' then Vista is clearly unhappy with something, as mentiond
> > by the other reply.
> >
> > When I'm not asking the system to do anything and no major background
> > service is updating the internet or whatever mine fluctuates between 1-4%.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > "Aaron" wrote:
> >
> > Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
> > doing anything?

> Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Yes, Vista consumes more RAM than XP.
> However, it does a much better job at managing memory than XP.
> More than likely, you'll never come close to actually using 3GB of RAM.
>

> -Michael

Aaron

RE: Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll
I'm using Norton, but these are NVIDIA drivers, not from Norton...

"uvbogden" wrote:

> Are you running McAfee antivirus? If so, your McAfee is corrupted and you
> may need to completely uninstall McAfee (not just with Vista uninstaller),
> and reinstall it. You can do this with the help of McAfee Removal Tool, or
> using a program like Smarty Uninstaller. Details in this tutorial.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87...ram-vista.html

So it's normal?

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Yes, Vista consumes more RAM than XP.
> However, it does a much better job at managing memory than XP.
> More than likely, you'll never come close to actually using 3GB of RAM.

One more thing, my computer puts out heat like a heater, is this normal?
Here's my computer:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh... lang=en&cc=us
uvbogden

RE: Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll
I would download and install the latest driver for your NVIDIA card. You can
get these from NVIDIA or from where you bought your computer. I bought mine
from Dell and on their support site they have all the update or original
drivers available for download. I wouldn't worry about just getting
replacement files for those that are mentioned in the error notice, just
download and install the complete driver.

"Aaron" wrote:

> I'm using Norton, but these are NVIDIA drivers, not from Norton...
>
> "uvbogden" wrote:
>
> > Are you running McAfee antivirus? If so, your McAfee is corrupted and you
> > may need to completely uninstall McAfee (not just with Vista uninstaller),
> > and reinstall it. You can do this with the help of McAfee Removal Tool, or
> > using a program like Smarty Uninstaller. Details in this tutorial.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87...ram-vista.html

> So it's normal?
>
> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
> > Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Yes, Vista consumes more RAM than XP.
> > However, it does a much better job at managing memory than XP.
> > More than likely, you'll never come close to actually using 3GB of RAM.

> __________________________________________________ ____________
> One more thing, my computer puts out heat like a heater, is this normal?
> Here's my computer:
>
> http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh... lang=en&cc=us

Ironfist117

Re: Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll

I have this same problem, but I might have a reason for RAM issues.

Try running disk cleanup. I did, and I had 10.6GB of system error
dumps, all because of the NVCPL.DLL problem. If you logout, be attentive
- you may see 15+ of those error messages stacked. You can see these in
Task Manager, as they are rundll32.exe processes, the same number as the
hidden errors. If you fix this problem, your RAM should stabilize at its
initial value.

Good luck!

--
Ironfist117