System configuration utility

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

kirri

System configuration utility
Every time i turn on my laptop, a popup regarding blocked startup programs
appears. I right clicked it and when I hover over 'Run Blocked Program' it
shows the 'System Configuration Utility'. I don't know if i should stop it
from running at startup or do I need it there? The popup is annoying me, so
what should I do?
AJR

Re: System configuration utility
It is referring to a startup item in the config listing. Software Explorer
included with Windows Defender will provide listing of items not yet
classified as OK.

The notice can be disabled, however, at the momrnt, procedure escapes me -
but another post will likely come along.

"kirri" <kirri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time i turn on my laptop, a popup regarding blocked startup programs
> appears. I right clicked it and when I hover over 'Run Blocked Program' it
> shows the 'System Configuration Utility'. I don't know if i should stop it
> from running at startup or do I need it there? The popup is annoying me,
> so
> what should I do?

kirri

Re: System configuration utility
ah yep, I checked the list and AVG Free Edition was the only one that didnt
comeup as permitted, but came up as not yet classified. I think it's because
it has not been signed? Anyway, if anybody can let me know how to get rid of
the popup that would be great, thanks!

"AJR" wrote:

> It is referring to a startup item in the config listing. Software Explorer
> included with Windows Defender will provide listing of items not yet
> classified as OK.
>
> The notice can be disabled, however, at the momrnt, procedure escapes me -
> but another post will likely come along.
>
> "kirri" <kirri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time i turn on my laptop, a popup regarding blocked startup programs
> > appears. I right clicked it and when I hover over 'Run Blocked Program' it
> > shows the 'System Configuration Utility'. I don't know if i should stop it
> > from running at startup or do I need it there? The popup is annoying me,
> > so
> > what should I do?

kirri

Re: System configuration utility
I forgot to add that Windows Defender won't let me enable AVG, so that option
is out.

"AJR" wrote:

> It is referring to a startup item in the config listing. Software Explorer
> included with Windows Defender will provide listing of items not yet
> classified as OK.
>
> The notice can be disabled, however, at the momrnt, procedure escapes me -
> but another post will likely come along.
>
> "kirri" <kirri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time i turn on my laptop, a popup regarding blocked startup programs
> > appears. I right clicked it and when I hover over 'Run Blocked Program' it
> > shows the 'System Configuration Utility'. I don't know if i should stop it
> > from running at startup or do I need it there? The popup is annoying me,
> > so
> > what should I do?

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: System configuration utility
Try doing that from the Windows Security Center.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com