Streaming Video

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

KALU

Streaming Video
My Lenovo Dual Core running on Vista Buisness has a serious buffering
problem. I can't get a simple 2 minute video to run for more than 10-15
seconds without it freezing up. Comcast told me to try shutting off the virus
software but that had no effect. Do I need more than 1 gig of memory? Any
thoughts? Thanks.
--
Kalu
WaruiKoohii/Ed

Re: Streaming Video
Try watching Task Managers Networking tab when watching videos. Is any data
actually being transferred?

I've had many instances with YouTube where the server will simply stop
sending video, but this was not a Vista issue, as it happened with other
operating systems as well.
"KALU" <KALU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Lenovo Dual Core running on Vista Buisness has a serious buffering
> problem. I can't get a simple 2 minute video to run for more than 10-15
> seconds without it freezing up. Comcast told me to try shutting off the
> virus
> software but that had no effect. Do I need more than 1 gig of memory? Any
> thoughts? Thanks.
> --
> Kalu

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Streaming Video
Vista definitely benefits from 2gb RAM.. :-)

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"KALU" <KALU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Lenovo Dual Core running on Vista Buisness has a serious buffering
> problem. I can't get a simple 2 minute video to run for more than 10-15
> seconds without it freezing up. Comcast told me to try shutting off the
> virus
> software but that had no effect. Do I need more than 1 gig of memory? Any
> thoughts? Thanks.
> --
> Kalu

KALU

Re: Streaming Video
Thanks for the reply, I'll try that. The videos that I'm referring to come
from Yahoo.com which I have been using for a home page. Also from Americas
Test Kitchen website. I also have an older P4 running on XP through a router
and I also have the problem there but it doesn't seem nearly as bad.
--
Kalu

"WaruiKoohii/Ed" wrote:

> Try watching Task Managers Networking tab when watching videos. Is any data
> actually being transferred?
>
> I've had many instances with YouTube where the server will simply stop
> sending video, but this was not a Vista issue, as it happened with other
> operating systems as well.
> "KALU" <KALU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Lenovo Dual Core running on Vista Buisness has a serious buffering
> > problem. I can't get a simple 2 minute video to run for more than 10-15
> > seconds without it freezing up. Comcast told me to try shutting off the
> > virus
> > software but that had no effect. Do I need more than 1 gig of memory? Any
> > thoughts? Thanks.
> > --
> > Kalu

KALU

Re: Streaming Video
Thanks Mike, I just ordered another gig of ram so we'll see how that works.
--
Kalu