misaligned screen

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

rob

misaligned screen
My screen has moved 1.5cm to the left: on the left I'cant see some of the
icons and on the right I have a strip of black. I bought my computer
Yesterday with vista preinstalled and it was working OK until it froze and I
had to turn it off with the on/off button and ever since then the screen has
been misaligned.

Any ideas as to how I can fix it?
Mick Murphy

RE: misaligned screen
If you are having probs on a brand new computer after one day, take it back
to them.

"rob" wrote:

> My screen has moved 1.5cm to the left: on the left I'cant see some of the
> icons and on the right I have a strip of black. I bought my computer
> Yesterday with vista preinstalled and it was working OK until it froze and I
> had to turn it off with the on/off button and ever since then the screen has
> been misaligned.
>
> Any ideas as to how I can fix it?

Bigguy

Re: misaligned screen
rob wrote:
> My screen has moved 1.5cm to the left: on the left I'cant see some of the
> icons and on the right I have a strip of black. I bought my computer
> Yesterday with vista preinstalled and it was working OK until it froze and I
> had to turn it off with the on/off button and ever since then the screen has
> been misaligned.
>
> Any ideas as to how I can fix it?

Try doing an 'auto adjust' on your monitor.

Guy
dzomlija

Re: misaligned screen

rob;515551 Wrote:
> My screen has moved 1.5cm to the left: on the left I'cant see some of
> the icons and on the right I have a strip of black. I bought my computer
> Yesterday with vista preinstalled and it was working OK until it froze
> and I had to turn it off with the on/off button and ever since then the
> screen has been misaligned.
>
> Any ideas as to how I can fix it?

Both Mick and Bigguy have valid points. Check your monitor
documentation on how to "re-align" it, or go knock on your suppliers
door and tell then your screen isn't working properly.

You can also try adjusting your display settings to match the scren
native resolution (you are using an LCD, correct?)

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? -And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn-...

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Atlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- ASUS nVidia 6600
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007'http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/' (http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/)
rob

RE: misaligned screen
Thanks for the help. I fixed the problem by re-aligning the screen as Bigguy
suggested by pushing the "A" button on the screen.