Cannot download Adobe flash player

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

asilad

Cannot download Adobe flash player
My new Toshiba satellite a200 laptop came with pre-installed vista home
premium. When opening windows live messenger I receive a warning telling me I
need a newer version of adobe flash player and am prompted to download. On
attempting to download I receive a message blocking the download because
'windows is unable to verify the publisher'. Just to check I have tried using
my webcam on messenger to call someone and sure enough, it does not work. It
does however work on Skype. Any Ideas?
--
many thanks.
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Cannot download Adobe flash player
Have you tried downloading it manually?
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com

"asilad" <asilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My new Toshiba satellite a200 laptop came with pre-installed vista home
> premium. When opening windows live messenger I receive a warning telling
> me I
> need a newer version of adobe flash player and am prompted to download. On
> attempting to download I receive a message blocking the download because
> 'windows is unable to verify the publisher'. Just to check I have tried
> using
> my webcam on messenger to call someone and sure enough, it does not work.
> It
> does however work on Skype. Any Ideas?
> --
> many thanks.

asilad

RE: Cannot download Adobe flash player
Yes i did try that b4 and again just now. Still get the message 'windows
blocked this software because it cannot verify the publisher' - it doesn't
even give me an option to overide it
--
many thanks.

"asilad" wrote:

> My new Toshiba satellite a200 laptop came with pre-installed vista home
> premium. When opening windows live messenger I receive a warning telling me I
> need a newer version of adobe flash player and am prompted to download. On
> attempting to download I receive a message blocking the download because
> 'windows is unable to verify the publisher'. Just to check I have tried using
> my webcam on messenger to call someone and sure enough, it does not work. It
> does however work on Skype. Any Ideas?
> --
> many thanks.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Cannot download Adobe flash player
Try downloading it through Firefox
--
> Yes i did try that b4 and again just now. Still get the message 'windows
> blocked this software because it cannot verify the publisher' - it doesn't
> even give me an option to overide it
> --
> many thanks.
>

> "asilad" wrote:
>
>> My new Toshiba satellite a200 laptop came with pre-installed vista home
>> premium. When opening windows live messenger I receive a warning telling
>> me I
>> need a newer version of adobe flash player and am prompted to download.
>> On
>> attempting to download I receive a message blocking the download because
>> 'windows is unable to verify the publisher'. Just to check I have tried
>> using
>> my webcam on messenger to call someone and sure enough, it does not work.
>> It
>> does however work on Skype. Any Ideas?
>> --
>> many thanks.

uvbogden

Re: Cannot download Adobe flash player
Most installation problems are due to failed or broken installs or
uninstalls. Details on how to remove these blocking elements in the
following tutorial. Also, try the link for Fix Can't Install Adobe Flash
which removes the previous install, any left-over debris, and installs Flash.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87...ram-vista.html

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:

> Try downloading it through Firefox
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "asilad" <asilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes i did try that b4 and again just now. Still get the message 'windows
> > blocked this software because it cannot verify the publisher' - it doesn't
> > even give me an option to overide it
> > --
> > many thanks.
> >

> > "asilad" wrote:
> >
> >> My new Toshiba satellite a200 laptop came with pre-installed vista home
> >> premium. When opening windows live messenger I receive a warning telling
> >> me I
> >> need a newer version of adobe flash player and am prompted to download.
> >> On
> >> attempting to download I receive a message blocking the download because
> >> 'windows is unable to verify the publisher'. Just to check I have tried
> >> using
> >> my webcam on messenger to call someone and sure enough, it does not work.
> >> It
> >> does however work on Skype. Any Ideas?
> >> --
> >> many thanks.

asilad

Re: Cannot download Adobe flash player
Andre, tvm you are a scholar! Can now talk via webcam on messenger after
downloading flash via firefox. I think windows has a software issue here -
once again, many thanks.
--
many thanks.

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:

> Try downloading it through Firefox
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "asilad" <asilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes i did try that b4 and again just now. Still get the message 'windows
> > blocked this software because it cannot verify the publisher' - it doesn't
> > even give me an option to overide it
> > --
> > many thanks.
> >

> > "asilad" wrote:
> >
> >> My new Toshiba satellite a200 laptop came with pre-installed vista home
> >> premium. When opening windows live messenger I receive a warning telling
> >> me I
> >> need a newer version of adobe flash player and am prompted to download.
> >> On
> >> attempting to download I receive a message blocking the download because
> >> 'windows is unable to verify the publisher'. Just to check I have tried
> >> using
> >> my webcam on messenger to call someone and sure enough, it does not work.
> >> It
> >> does however work on Skype. Any Ideas?
> >> --
> >> many thanks.

asilad

Re: Cannot download Adobe flash player
Many thanks - I have followed your recommended link and it looks full of
useful information, relevent to my problem. However, following Andre's advice
about downloading via firefox has worked so although it hasn't got to the
root of the initial problem, I think I shall quit whilst i am ahead!
I'm sure this is a windows oversight problem.
--
many thanks.

"uvbogden" wrote:

> Most installation problems are due to failed or broken installs or
> uninstalls. Details on how to remove these blocking elements in the
> following tutorial. Also, try the link for Fix Can't Install Adobe Flash
> which removes the previous install, any left-over debris, and installs Flash.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87...ram-vista.html
>

> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:
>
> > Try downloading it through Firefox
> > --
> > Andre
> > Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> > My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> > http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> > "asilad" <asilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes i did try that b4 and again just now. Still get the message 'windows
> > > blocked this software because it cannot verify the publisher' - it doesn't
> > > even give me an option to overide it
> > > --
> > > many thanks.

s13.c.jones@gmail.com

Re: Cannot download Adobe flash player
So, if the security and activex IE settings don't fix your problem, as
they did NOT for me -

- here is the real fix. Go here:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=1

It requires you to dl the SubInAcl tool from microsoft. Here:

Then you have to dl the reset_minimal.zip file from Adobe - here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashpl...et_minimal.zip

Install the tool, then copy the extracted .cmd file to the SubInAcl
install location. c:\program files\windows resource kits\tools.

Run the reset_minimal.cmd file.

---------------
On Nov 10, 3:33 pm, asilad <asi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My new Toshiba satellite a200 laptop came with pre-installed vista home
> premium. When openingwindowslive messenger I receive a warning telling me I
> need a newer version of adobe flash player and am prompted to download. On
> attempting to download I receive a message blocking the downloadbecause
> 'windowsis unable toverifythepublisher'. Just to check I have tried using
> my webcam on messenger to call someone and sure enough, it does not work. It
> does however work on Skype. Any Ideas?
> --
> many thanks.

asilad

"s13.c.jones@gmail.com" wrote:

> So, if the security and activex IE settings don't fix your problem, as
> they did NOT for me -
>
> - here is the real fix. Go here:
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=1
>
> It requires you to dl the SubInAcl tool from microsoft. Here:
>
> Then you have to dl the reset_minimal.zip file from Adobe - here:
> http://www.adobe.com/support/flashpl...et_minimal.zip
>
> Install the tool, then copy the extracted .cmd file to the SubInAcl
> install location. c:\program files\windows resource kits\tools.
>
> Run the reset_minimal.cmd file.

> ---------------
> On Nov 10, 3:33 pm, asilad <asi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > My new Toshiba satellite a200 laptop came with pre-installed vista home
> > premium. When openingwindowslive messenger I receive a warning telling me I
> > need a newer version of adobe flash player and am prompted to download. On
> > attempting to download I receive a message blocking the downloadbecause
> > 'windowsis unable toverifythepublisher'. Just to check I have tried using
> > my webcam on messenger to call someone and sure enough, it does not work. It
> > does however work on Skype. Any Ideas?
> > --
> > many thanks.

asilad

Re: Cannot download Adobe flash player
When i open the downloaded 'subinacl' , c:\windows32\cmd.exe tells me
'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file. Also, in my program files there is no 'windows
resource kits' ??
--
many thanks.