how to Install Hotfix ?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Rj

how to Install Hotfix ?
hi all. My vista Ultimate gave a BSOD yesterday STOP: 0x00000050, and the
machine will only boot in safe mode . So I looked it up and it so happens
that its a know issue for MSFT (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB939720). SO
I got the hotfix from premier support but I cannot install it in safe mode .
Is there a way around it ??
Joseph Conway [MSFT]

RE: how to Install Hotfix ?
So it bugchecks with a STOP 0x50 everytime you boot into normal mode?

Have you tried booting into WinRE, using system restore and rolling back a
few days before the problem occurred and then installing the update? If
you have a Premier account and it is a hotfix issue, thats a free case and
you should be able to get help from someone here with getting it installed
if that doesnt work.

Joseph W. Conway, MCSE
Windows Server Group

Jerry Atricks

What would happen?

""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" <joscon@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So it bugchecks with a STOP 0x50 everytime you boot into normal mode?
>
> Have you tried booting into WinRE, using system restore and rolling back a
> few days before the problem occurred and then installing the update? If
> you have a Premier account and it is a hotfix issue, thats a free case and
> you should be able to get help from someone here with getting it installed
> if that doesnt work.
>
> Joseph W. Conway, MCSE
> Windows Server Group

> rights.

What would happen if you left off your "AS IS" line? Would the user then
have a warranty and rights?

Rj

RE: how to Install Hotfix ?
http://www.mediafire.com/?ez0isdnkmdz

Hi Joseph,

yes it does a BSOD everytime I try to login into normal mode. I managed to
get into safe mode by using the System Restore but not into normal mode, I
even tried to reapair the system with install disk, no joy.

Here is the error I get when I try to get the hotfix to install in safemode.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ez0isdnkmdz

Yes my work place has premiere support. thanx.

""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" wrote:

> So it bugchecks with a STOP 0x50 everytime you boot into normal mode?
>
> Have you tried booting into WinRE, using system restore and rolling back a
> few days before the problem occurred and then installing the update? If
> you have a Premier account and it is a hotfix issue, thats a free case and
> you should be able to get help from someone here with getting it installed
> if that doesnt work.
>
> Joseph W. Conway, MCSE
> Windows Server Group

Not Me

Re: What would happen?
"Jerry Atricks" <jerry@atricks.com> wrote in message

> ""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" <joscon@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> So it bugchecks with a STOP 0x50 everytime you boot into normal mode?
>> Have you tried booting into WinRE, using system restore and rolling back
>> few days before the problem occurred and then installing the update? If
>> you have a Premier account and it is a hotfix issue, thats a free case
>> and
>> you should be able to get help from someone here with getting it
>> installed
>> if that doesnt work.

> Joseph W. Conway, MCSE
>> Windows Server Group
>> rights.

> What would happen if you left off your "AS IS" line? Would the user then
> have a warranty and rights?

Some attorney somewhere would sue claiming just that.

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
CarGodZeroOne@hotmail.com