Outlook 2007 and Vista - doesn't remember passwords

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

bartman

Outlook 2007 and Vista - doesn't remember passwords
I have seen this question come up in various forms, but no one seems to have
the answer.

On a NEW Vista machine with Outlook 2007 and POP3 mail Outlook will not
remember the passwords. It prompts every time it wants to check email and
sometimes on sending. This is extremely frustrating. The common fix seems
to be to make a new user profile. I have done that a couple of times now and
the same problem exists. I spoke with another user with the same
configuration and he does not have this issue so clearly it works properly,
just not on my machine.

The articles I read all seem to relate to older versions of Outlook or
Microsoft Exchange which I am not using.

What is the key? I've tried everything I can think of. Because this is a
new machine I am not even worried about the data file at this point. I'm
happy to delete whatever I can if that is the problem.

Thanks.
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Outlook 2007 and Vista - doesn't remember passwords
Save password setting not retained in Office Outlook or Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684

Password is not saved when connecting to an email server
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...142741033.aspx

Microsoft Outlook issues:
microsoft.public.outlook.general
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"bartman" <bartman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have seen this question come up in various forms, but no one seems to
>have
> the answer.
>
> On a NEW Vista machine with Outlook 2007 and POP3 mail Outlook will not
> remember the passwords. It prompts every time it wants to check email and
> sometimes on sending. This is extremely frustrating. The common fix
> seems
> to be to make a new user profile. I have done that a couple of times now
> and
> the same problem exists. I spoke with another user with the same
> configuration and he does not have this issue so clearly it works
> properly,
> just not on my machine.
>
> The articles I read all seem to relate to older versions of Outlook or
> Microsoft Exchange which I am not using.
>
> What is the key? I've tried everything I can think of. Because this is a
> new machine I am not even worried about the data file at this point. I'm
> happy to delete whatever I can if that is the problem.
>
> Thanks.

bartman

Re: Outlook 2007 and Vista - doesn't remember passwords
The first one is the article I already have attempted at least twice and the
second link is not for Office 2007 and only refers back to the first link.

Thanks, but the problem still persists.

I find it strange that this sort of thing has to be an issue in the first
place. One would think the answer would be less difficult. Clearly there is
an entry somewhere that is preventing the program from operating properly.

Bart

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:

> Save password setting not retained in Office Outlook or Outlook Express
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684
>
> Password is not saved when connecting to an email server
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...142741033.aspx
>
> Microsoft Outlook issues:
> microsoft.public.outlook.general
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "bartman" <bartman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have seen this question come up in various forms, but no one seems to
> >have
> > the answer.
> >
> > On a NEW Vista machine with Outlook 2007 and POP3 mail Outlook will not
> > remember the passwords. It prompts every time it wants to check email and
> > sometimes on sending. This is extremely frustrating. The common fix
> > seems
> > to be to make a new user profile. I have done that a couple of times now
> > and
> > the same problem exists. I spoke with another user with the same
> > configuration and he does not have this issue so clearly it works
> > properly,
> > just not on my machine.
> >
> > The articles I read all seem to relate to older versions of Outlook or
> > Microsoft Exchange which I am not using.
> >
> > What is the key? I've tried everything I can think of. Because this is a
> > new machine I am not even worried about the data file at this point. I'm
> > happy to delete whatever I can if that is the problem.
> >
> > Thanks.

GJ.Oomens

bartman wrote:
> The first one is the article I already have attempted at least twice and the
> second link is not for Office 2007 and only refers back to the first link.
>
> Thanks, but the problem still persists.
>
> I find it strange that this sort of thing has to be an issue in the first
> place. One would think the answer would be less difficult. Clearly there is
> an entry somewhere that is preventing the program from operating properly.

Maybe this will help:
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/40

--
Gérard
bartman

Re: Outlook 2007 and Vista - doesn't remember passwords
By gawd, I think you got it!

In the last half hour since trying this it has successfully retrieved and
sent email with no prompt!

Thank you. You just saved me another day of headache medication.

Bart

"GJ.Oomens" wrote:

> bartman wrote:
> > The first one is the article I already have attempted at least twice and the
> > second link is not for Office 2007 and only refers back to the first link.
> >
> > Thanks, but the problem still persists.
> >
> > I find it strange that this sort of thing has to be an issue in the first
> > place. One would think the answer would be less difficult. Clearly there is
> > an entry somewhere that is preventing the program from operating properly.
> >

> Maybe this will help:
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/40
>
> --
> Gérard

bartman

Re: Outlook 2007 and Vista - doesn't remember passwords
Premature celebrating.

This worked perfectly for about 2 weeks, but now I get random password
requests. It is no where near as bad as it was, but why does it want to do
this? If I try to delete the file mentioned in this article again I can do
that, but the problem of the random requests persists.

It has me baffled.

Bart