windows vista themes

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Steven Wabik

windows vista themes
is there any additional themes for vista like there is for XP? an example of
an additional theme for XP is the zune theme. i also tested the beta version
of vista and i noticed that they removed certian themes for when the final
release came out. does anyone know if any of those theme are availible
download without the use of a 3rd party utility to intigrate the theme into
windows.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: windows vista themes
There are no additional themes for Vista available
from Microsoft.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@verizon.net> wrote in message news:OGBBUI1FIHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
is there any additional themes for vista like there is for XP? an example of
an additional theme for XP is the zune theme. i also tested the beta version
of vista and i noticed that they removed certian themes for when the final
release came out. does anyone know if any of those theme are availible
download without the use of a 3rd party utility to intigrate the theme into
windows.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: windows vista themes
Right now, Windows Blinds is your only option for additional themes.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@verizon.net> wrote in message
> is there any additional themes for vista like there is for XP? an example
> of an additional theme for XP is the zune theme. i also tested the beta
> version of vista and i noticed that they removed certian themes for when
> the final release came out. does anyone know if any of those theme are
> availible download without the use of a 3rd party utility to intigrate the
> theme into windows.

Ryka

Re: windows vista themes
Windows Blinds says it's for XP. Can it be used by Vista? Webshots has been
the only option I've found to be able to use with Vista.

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Right now, Windows Blinds is your only option for additional themes.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> is there any additional themes for vista like there is for XP? an example
>> of an additional theme for XP is the zune theme. i also tested the beta
>> version of vista and i noticed that they removed certian themes for when
>> the final release came out. does anyone know if any of those theme are
>> availible download without the use of a 3rd party utility to intigrate
>> the theme into windows.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: windows vista themes
The latest version works with Vista, only the 32 bit version though. I am
referring to Object Desktop Windows Blinds by the way.
--
"Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
news2D15655-A77A-4BEA-AB27-59CD803C4A40@microsoft.com...
> Windows Blinds says it's for XP. Can it be used by Vista? Webshots has
> been the only option I've found to be able to use with Vista.
>

> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Right now, Windows Blinds is your only option for additional themes.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
>> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
>> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
>> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> is there any additional themes for vista like there is for XP? an
>>> example of an additional theme for XP is the zune theme. i also tested
>>> the beta version of vista and i noticed that they removed certian themes
>>> for when the final release came out. does anyone know if any of those
>>> theme are availible download without the use of a 3rd party utility to
>>> intigrate the theme into windows.

Ryka

Re: windows vista themes
Thank you. I'll give it a try!

> The latest version works with Vista, only the 32 bit version though. I am
> referring to Object Desktop Windows Blinds by the way.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
> news2D15655-A77A-4BEA-AB27-59CD803C4A40@microsoft.com...
>> Windows Blinds says it's for XP. Can it be used by Vista? Webshots has
>> been the only option I've found to be able to use with Vista.
>>

>> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Right now, Windows Blinds is your only option for additional themes.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
>>> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
>>> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry

Tie Various

Re: windows vista themes
there are hundreds of vistual styles or themes for vista that work with no
third party application.
They do need however you to patch the dll that does the theming in vista so
it can take non microsoft signed themes.
This is similar to what existed in XP, and this also can be accomplished
without hassle with a program below.
The new vista visual styles work only with vista and most have glass effects
just like aero glass has.

Where do you find them and how do you install them.?

You can find them here
http://browse.deviantart.com/customi...=9&alltime=yes
NOTE: on the bottom of this page there is a NEXT link that takes you to the
with themes -visual styles.
Most of these are Vista Specific themes- visual styles and have transparent
effects like aero.
An example is this one:
http://shamushand.deviantart.com/art...Vista-63342530

0r this http://michel8170.deviantart.com/art/Satin-63941718

To use these themes you will need to patch the uxtheme DLL OR use this free
application:

http://www.codegazer.com/vistaglazz.htm

"Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@verizon.net> wrote in message
> is there any additional themes for vista like there is for XP? an example
> of an additional theme for XP is the zune theme. i also tested the beta
> version of vista and i noticed that they removed certian themes for when
> the final release came out. does anyone know if any of those theme are
> availible download without the use of a 3rd party utility to intigrate the
> theme into windows.

SAM-R

Re: windows vista themes
There are 3 files that need to be patched to use unsigned Visual Styles.
shsvcs.dll, themeui.dll, and uxtheme.dll