indexing gone

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

indexing gone
Indexing doesn't show up in Services, and Indexing Options in Control Panel
constantly gives the message "Waiting to receive indexing status ..." with
nothing happening and Modify and Advanced buttons grayed out.

How do I fix this? Thanks.
John

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: indexing gone
Check, in the Programs and Features control panel,
in the Turn Windows Features On/Off sub-panel

If that does not work, boot from the Windows Vista DVD, selecting System
Recovery Option > on the setup screen select Repair Computer > select your
installation of Windows > choose the 'Startup Repair' option, follow
instructions.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"A" <a@a.net> wrote in message news:uQgmUKsFIHA.4628@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Indexing doesn't show up in Services, and Indexing Options in Control
> Panel constantly gives the message "Waiting to receive indexing status
> ..." with nothing happening and Modify and Advanced buttons grayed out.
>
> How do I fix this? Thanks.
> John

Re: indexing gone
Thanks. I appreciate your help.
John

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Check, in the Programs and Features control panel,
> in the Turn Windows Features On/Off sub-panel
>
> If that does not work, boot from the Windows Vista DVD, selecting System
> Recovery Option > on the setup screen select Repair Computer > select your
> installation of Windows > choose the 'Startup Repair' option, follow
> instructions.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "A" <a@a.net> wrote in message
>> Indexing doesn't show up in Services, and Indexing Options in Control
>> Panel constantly gives the message "Waiting to receive indexing status
>> ..." with nothing happening and Modify and Advanced buttons grayed out.
>>
>> How do I fix this? Thanks.
>> John

Greg

Re: indexing gone
"A" <a@a.net> wrote in message news:OrQDuHtFIHA.1324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Thanks. I appreciate your help.
> John
>
> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Check, in the Programs and Features control panel,
>> in the Turn Windows Features On/Off sub-panel
>>
>> If that does not work, boot from the Windows Vista DVD, selecting System
>> Recovery Option > on the setup screen select Repair Computer > select
>> your installation of Windows > choose the 'Startup Repair' option, follow
>> instructions.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
>> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
>> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
>> "A" <a@a.net> wrote in message
>>> Indexing doesn't show up in Services, and Indexing Options in Control
>>> Panel constantly gives the message "Waiting to receive indexing status
>>> ..." with nothing happening and Modify and Advanced buttons grayed out.
>>>
>>> How do I fix this? Thanks.
>>> John

This is VERY simple to correct, don't do ANY of the involved stuff that's
been posted here or you'll really screw-up the computer. All you need to do
is go to START-ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS-SERVICES and enable the bits service.