Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Sero

Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2
i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro SP2 but
i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i can
upgrade from Home to Pro?
Please can anyone help me on this?
Tie Various

Re: Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2
You mean INSTALL, not "Download"
Yes you can find the key, using a small free program
Get it here

The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves your
Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry. It has the
options to copy the key to clipboard, save it to a text file, or print it
for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Server 2003,
Windows Vista, Office 97, Office XP, and Office 2003.

This version is a quick bug fix to remedy the broken "Change Windows Key" in
Windows XP.

"Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news034FA2F-BDEA-4294-9DF4-F3CA96DCA9B8@microsoft.com...
> i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro SP2
> but
> i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i can
> upgrade from Home to Pro?
> Please can anyone help me on this?

Sero

Re: Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2
No i mean i downloaded Windows XP Pro iso for free because im part of the
imagine cup but i need the cd key to install it.
i have xp home installed on my pc at the minute.

"Tie Various" wrote:

> You mean INSTALL, not "Download"
> Yes you can find the key, using a small free program
> Get it here
>
> http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
>

> The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves your
> Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry. It has the
> options to copy the key to clipboard, save it to a text file, or print it
> for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Server 2003,
> Windows Vista, Office 97, Office XP, and Office 2003.
>
> This version is a quick bug fix to remedy the broken "Change Windows Key" in
> Windows XP.
>

> "Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news034FA2F-BDEA-4294-9DF4-F3CA96DCA9B8@microsoft.com...
> > i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro SP2
> > but
> > i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i can
> > upgrade from Home to Pro?
> > Please can anyone help me on this?

Andrew McLaren

Re: Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2
"Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro SP2
> but
> i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i can
> upgrade from Home to Pro?

You're more likely to get useful answers by asking in an Imagine Cup forum:

http://imaginecup.com/Community/forums/5.aspx

Or by contacting the Imagine Cup organisers:

http://imaginecup.com/Support/contactus.aspx

I really doubt anyone here will know what product keys are being distributed
with the Imagine Cup.

--
Andrew McLaren
amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au

Mike Brannigan

> No i mean i downloaded Windows XP Pro iso for free because im part of the
> imagine cup but i need the cd key to install it.
> i have xp home installed on my pc at the minute.

For support on your 2008 Imagine Cup entry please use the web site at
http://imaginecup.com/Support/contactus.aspx
If this is in relation to the 2007 entry then please use the same page.

You could also post your question to one of the support forums for the
Imagine Cup at
http://imaginecup.com/Community/Forums/default.aspx
--

Mike Brannigan

"Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No i mean i downloaded Windows XP Pro iso for free because im part of the
> imagine cup but i need the cd key to install it.
> i have xp home installed on my pc at the minute.
>
> "Tie Various" wrote:
>
>> You mean INSTALL, not "Download"
>> Yes you can find the key, using a small free program
>> Get it here
>>
>> http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
>>

>> The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves
>> your
>> Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry. It has
>> the
>> options to copy the key to clipboard, save it to a text file, or print it
>> for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Server
>> 2003,
>> Windows Vista, Office 97, Office XP, and Office 2003.
>>
>> This version is a quick bug fix to remedy the broken "Change Windows Key"
>> in
>> Windows XP.
>>

>> "Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news034FA2F-BDEA-4294-9DF4-F3CA96DCA9B8@microsoft.com...
>> > i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro
>> > SP2
>> > but
>> > i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i
>> > can
>> > upgrade from Home to Pro?
>> > Please can anyone help me on this?

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2
Did you by any chance notice this is a Windows Vista newsgroup, not XP?

"Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news034FA2F-BDEA-4294-9DF4-F3CA96DCA9B8@microsoft.com...
| i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro SP2
but
| i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i can
| upgrade from Home to Pro?
| Please can anyone help me on this?

Kue2

Re: Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2
Thks Tie....Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder 2.0 Beta 3 ....works very well in
Vista 64.

"Tie Various" <noneofyourbusiness@blabla.com> wrote in message
> You mean INSTALL, not "Download"
> Yes you can find the key, using a small free program
> Get it here
>
> http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
>

> The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves your
> Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry. It has
> the options to copy the key to clipboard, save it to a text file, or print
> it for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Server
> 2003, Windows Vista, Office 97, Office XP, and Office 2003.
>
> This version is a quick bug fix to remedy the broken "Change Windows Key"
> in Windows XP.
>

> "Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news034FA2F-BDEA-4294-9DF4-F3CA96DCA9B8@microsoft.com...
>> i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro SP2
>> but
>> i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i can
>> upgrade from Home to Pro?
>> Please can anyone help me on this?

Tie Various

Re: Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2
This program then can find the product key.. did you try it?

The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves your
Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry. It has the
options to copy the key to clipboard, save it to a text file, or print it
for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Server 2003,
Windows Vista, Office 97, Office XP, and Office 2003.

"Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No i mean i downloaded Windows XP Pro iso for free because im part of the
> imagine cup but i need the cd key to install it.
> i have xp home installed on my pc at the minute.
>
> "Tie Various" wrote:
>
>> You mean INSTALL, not "Download"
>> Yes you can find the key, using a small free program
>> Get it here
>>
>> http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
>>

>> The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves
>> your
>> Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry. It has
>> the
>> options to copy the key to clipboard, save it to a text file, or print it
>> for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Server
>> 2003,
>> Windows Vista, Office 97, Office XP, and Office 2003.
>>
>> This version is a quick bug fix to remedy the broken "Change Windows Key"
>> in
>> Windows XP.
>>

>> "Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news034FA2F-BDEA-4294-9DF4-F3CA96DCA9B8@microsoft.com...
>> > i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro
>> > SP2
>> > but
>> > i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i
>> > can
>> > upgrade from Home to Pro?
>> > Please can anyone help me on this?

Tie Various

Re: Lost Cd key for windows XP Pro SP2
lets just try to pretend vista never existed.. shall we? lol

Lets make this world a better place

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> Did you by any chance notice this is a Windows Vista newsgroup, not XP?
>
> "Sero" <Sero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news034FA2F-BDEA-4294-9DF4-F3CA96DCA9B8@microsoft.com...
> | i'm part of the imagine cup and i was able to download Windows XP Pro
> SP2
> but
> | i forgot to write down the cd key. How can i get the cd key back so i
> can
> | upgrade from Home to Pro?
> | Please can anyone help me on this?

Frank

Tie Various wrote:

> lets just try to pretend vista never existed.. shall we? lol
>
> Lets make this world a better place

You ignorant POS! You disappear and the world will be a much better place.
Loser.
Frank