'your desktop profile could not be loaded'

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

invader@nospamforme.com

'your desktop profile could not be loaded'
... or something like that. I forget what the exact message was. It then said
something about creating a temporary profile (which appeared to be the plain
vanilla what you get after the first install) and to check the 'event log'.

Start Menu search for 'event log' revealed nothing (surprise, surprise), but
there was an 'event viewer'. Loading this up had a half different categories
of events, some with as many as 20,000 events logged in them. I didn't take
the time to look through that mess.

Rebooted and my original profile came up fine.

Any idea what went wrong? Is this a know problem? Or is it just another
example of me paying microsoft a couple hundred bucks to participate in their
ongoing Windows Vista Beta Test program (which they cleverly disguised as a
commercial product).

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android
Richard Urban

Re: 'your desktop profile could not be loaded'
Is what a known problem. You didn't give "exact" error messages. "Or
something like" that just doesn't cut it when dealing with computer
problems, unless you want a guess-ti-mate as to what the problem is.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

<invader@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> .. or something like that. I forget what the exact message was. It then
> said
> something about creating a temporary profile (which appeared to be the
> plain
> vanilla what you get after the first install) and to check the 'event
> log'.
>
> Start Menu search for 'event log' revealed nothing (surprise, surprise),
> but
> there was an 'event viewer'. Loading this up had a half different
> categories
> of events, some with as many as 20,000 events logged in them. I didn't
> take
> the time to look through that mess.
>
> Rebooted and my original profile came up fine.
>
> Any idea what went wrong? Is this a know problem? Or is it just another
> example of me paying microsoft a couple hundred bucks to participate in
> their
> ongoing Windows Vista Beta Test program (which they cleverly disguised as
> commercial product).

> Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
> .... http://www.sb-software.com/android

Charlie Tame

Richard Urban wrote:
> Is what a known problem. You didn't give "exact" error messages. "Or
> something like" that just doesn't cut it when dealing with computer
> problems, unless you want a guess-ti-mate as to what the problem is.

Everything you post that isn't an insult is a guess-ti-mate so the OP
stands to lose very little there, does he, PUNK.
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: 'your desktop profile could not be loaded'
Have you tried doing a System Restore in safe mode to see if it will correct
the problem? Also try doing a system repair with your Windows Vista DVD.
Boot from it, choose the System Recovery Option > on the Setup page > click
Repair Computer > select your installation > click the Startup Repair option
and follow the instructions.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
<invader@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> .. or something like that. I forget what the exact message was. It then
> said
> something about creating a temporary profile (which appeared to be the
> plain
> vanilla what you get after the first install) and to check the 'event
> log'.
>
> Start Menu search for 'event log' revealed nothing (surprise, surprise),
> but
> there was an 'event viewer'. Loading this up had a half different
> categories
> of events, some with as many as 20,000 events logged in them. I didn't
> take
> the time to look through that mess.
>
> Rebooted and my original profile came up fine.
>
> Any idea what went wrong? Is this a know problem? Or is it just another
> example of me paying microsoft a couple hundred bucks to participate in
> their
> ongoing Windows Vista Beta Test program (which they cleverly disguised as
> commercial product).

> Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
> .... http://www.sb-software.com/android

invader@nospamforme.com

Re: 'your desktop profile could not be loaded'
> Is what a known problem. You didn't give "exact" error messages. "Or
> something like" that just doesn't cut it when dealing with computer
> problems, unless you want a guess-ti-mate as to what the problem is.

Next time, a simple "I, Richard Urban, do not know." will suffice.

If the problem recurs, I shall try to jot down the exact error message, as
well as send Microsoft an invoice for helping them diagnose their faulty
operating system.

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android
invader@nospamforme.com

Re: 'your desktop profile could not be loaded'
> Have you tried doing a System Restore in safe mode to see if it will
correct
> the problem? Also try doing a system repair with your Windows Vista DVD.
> Boot from it, choose the System Recovery Option > on the Setup page > click
> Repair Computer > select your installation > click the Startup Repair

option
> and follow the instructions.

It seemed to fix itself when I rebooted which is somewhat alarming in and of
itself. If it happens again, I shall be sure to note exactly what it says. I
was hoping this was a known issue, but apparantly it is just another random
vista failure.