TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE has stopped working.... ????

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

nunamoose

TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE has stopped working.... ????
In the last few days, when this Core Duo Vista Home Premium
laptop boots, or even comes out of hibernation, I'll often see a
box that says something close to:

TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE HAS STOPPED WORKING
Windows will try to find a solution

I click, it goes away, and I don't miss anything. Overall, the
transition to Vista has been quite painless and comfortable, but
this is annoying.

What's going on?

Thanks!
Nanrn

RE: TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE has stopped working.... ????

"nunamoose" wrote:

> In the last few days, when this Core Duo Vista Home Premium
> laptop boots, or even comes out of hibernation, I'll often see a
> box that says something close to:
>
> TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE HAS STOPPED WORKING
> Windows will try to find a solution
>

> I click, it goes away, and I don't miss anything. Overall, the
> transition to Vista has been quite painless and comfortable, but
> this is annoying.
>
> What's going on?
>
> Thanks!

Nanrn

RE: TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE has stopped working.... ????
I'm having the same problem. Whenever I boot up my computer, I get the
message that Task scheduler engine has stopped working and that windows is
working to find a solution! Any suggestions would be great!

"nunamoose" wrote:

> In the last few days, when this Core Duo Vista Home Premium
> laptop boots, or even comes out of hibernation, I'll often see a
> box that says something close to:
>
> TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE HAS STOPPED WORKING
> Windows will try to find a solution
>

> I click, it goes away, and I don't miss anything. Overall, the
> transition to Vista has been quite painless and comfortable, but
> this is annoying.
>
> What's going on?
>
> Thanks!

Sharon

RE: TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE has stopped working.... ????
I'm having this problem too. Is there a solution for it please? The box is
constantly coming up on my screen and I'm really having problems accessing
any software applications.

"nunamoose" wrote:

> In the last few days, when this Core Duo Vista Home Premium
> laptop boots, or even comes out of hibernation, I'll often see a
> box that says something close to:
>
> TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE HAS STOPPED WORKING
> Windows will try to find a solution
>

> I click, it goes away, and I don't miss anything. Overall, the
> transition to Vista has been quite painless and comfortable, but
> this is annoying.
>
> What's going on?
>
> Thanks!

zachd [MSFT]

Re: TASK SCHEDULER ENGINE has stopped working.... ????

What's the specific fault data for this crash according to the Problem
Reports and Solutions center:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

--