DVD/CD-Rom Drivers

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?cm9iaW5qYW1lc3Vr?=

DVD/CD-Rom Drivers
I have lost the use of both my dvd player and dvd/cd burner, even though the
drivers are there and windows says that the software is up to date. The
device manager is showing a yellow ! Help
Dr. Heywood Floyd

Re: DVD/CD-Rom Drivers
Try - Uninstall the devices and re-boot. If the system finds them and
the wizard asks for the driver(s)location, point to them.

robinjamesuk wrote:
> I have lost the use of both my dvd player and dvd/cd burner, even though the
> drivers are there and windows says that the software is up to date. The
> device manager is showing a yellow ! Help

Shirley Daugherty

Re: DVD/CD-Rom Drivers
Here is a KB from Microsoft about this issue. I have had this issue and
this solved it for me. Hope this helps.

" support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/ "

"Shirley Daugherty" <sdaugh@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:T6WdnbeKMLQs7u3YnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Here is a KB from Microsoft about this issue. I have had this issue and
> this solved it for me. Hope this helps.
>
> " support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/ "

Copy the above line without the quotes and paste in your web browser. Add
www. to the above line. I didn't want to show a direct link.

> "Dr. Heywood Floyd" <dhfloyd@2001.org> wrote in message
>> Try - Uninstall the devices and re-boot. If the system finds them and
>> the wizard asks for the driver(s)location, point to them.
>>
>> robinjamesuk wrote:
>>> I have lost the use of both my dvd player and dvd/cd burner, even though
>>> the drivers are there and windows says that the software is up to date.
>>> The device manager is showing a yellow ! Help

Rick Rogers

Re: DVD/CD-Rom Drivers
Hi Shirley,

>> " support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/ "

> Copy the above line without the quotes and paste in your web browser. Add
> www. to the above line. I didn't want to show a direct link.

Why not? It's quite common to provide links to support pages. And actually,
for these articles, only the http:// is missing, not the www (it's not
used).
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Shirley Daugherty" <sdaugh@comcast.net> wrote in message
newsaGdnXu7M9Uw6O3YnZ2dnUVZ_q2dnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> "Shirley Daugherty" <sdaugh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:T6WdnbeKMLQs7u3YnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>> Here is a KB from Microsoft about this issue. I have had this issue and
>> this solved it for me. Hope this helps.
>>

>> "Dr. Heywood Floyd" <dhfloyd@2001.org> wrote in message
>>> Try - Uninstall the devices and re-boot. If the system finds them and
>>> the wizard asks for the driver(s)location, point to them.

Shirley Daugherty

Re: DVD/CD-Rom Drivers
Thanks for the info Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
Some sites don't allow direct links so I did not want to not follow the
rules. I did know about the http:// in the address but tried the www. and it
went to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/. Learning is why I read
these post. You have taught me something. Thanks

> Hi Shirley,
>
>>> " support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/ "

>> Copy the above line without the quotes and paste in your web browser. Add
>> www. to the above line. I didn't want to show a direct link.

> Why not? It's quite common to provide links to support pages. And
> actually, for these articles, only the http:// is missing, not the www
> (it's not used).
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Shirley Daugherty" <sdaugh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> newsaGdnXu7M9Uw6O3YnZ2dnUVZ_q2dnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>>
>> "Shirley Daugherty" <sdaugh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:T6WdnbeKMLQs7u3YnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>>> Here is a KB from Microsoft about this issue. I have had this issue and
>>> this solved it for me. Hope this helps.

Rick Rogers

Re: DVD/CD-Rom Drivers
Hi Shirley,

Those sites that do not want direct linking are doing so for a different
reason. They want visits (hits), but what they don't want is for me to
create a web page on my site, then set up a frame that links to theirs and
draws their content into mine. Basically then you would be on my site, but
reading their information. I would be using their work for my benefit,
making it look like my own.

--

news:K4qdncMhoeuzce3YnZ2dnUVZ_qadnZ2d@comcast.com. ..