Cannot move taskbar

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

chatz

Cannot move taskbar
Hi,

I am new ish to windows vista, had my laptop a few months. Yesterday my
taskbar moved to the right hand side of the screen from being along the
bottom and I cannot get it to move back down. I have clicked in an empty
space and tried to drag it using my mouse but all it does is move the whole
thing across half of my screen. Anyone help me get it along the bottom again
please? I am not terriby technical by the way, but I get by
--
Theres more to life......
matt hopkins

Re: Cannot move taskbar
sumtimes it is just were you click the taskbar try just above the time. im
guessin it isnt locked as you can resize it try right clicking to check tho.

"chatz" <chatz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am new ish to windows vista, had my laptop a few months. Yesterday my
> taskbar moved to the right hand side of the screen from being along the
> bottom and I cannot get it to move back down. I have clicked in an empty
> space and tried to drag it using my mouse but all it does is move the
> whole
> thing across half of my screen. Anyone help me get it along the bottom
> again
> please? I am not terriby technical by the way, but I get by
> --
> Theres more to life......

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Cannot move taskbar
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:49:01 -0700, chatz
<chatz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new ish to windows vista, had my laptop a few months. Yesterday my
> taskbar moved to the right hand side of the screen from being along the
> bottom and I cannot get it to move back down. I have clicked in an empty
> space and tried to drag it using my mouse but all it does is move the whole
> thing across half of my screen. Anyone help me get it along the bottom again
> please? I am not terriby technical by the way, but I get by

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen,
it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any
side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it.

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it
and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup